+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs' Last Words: "OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW."

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by rkswat Because he was high as a kite in morphine. I know some are getting this vision if him saying oh wow and then drifting on to
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Because he was high as a kite in morphine. I know some are getting this vision if him saying oh wow and then drifting on to the here after.... I'm a nurse that has many, many end of life situations under my belt and the movie ending scenario just never happens. He was a man......

Quit trying to desensitize the situation. My great grandmother was 105 when she passed and before she died she claimed to see her parents and siblings waiting for her. What I found most odd is that she never learned english, she only spoke spanish her entire life, yet her last words to me were in English as she told me she would miss me.

In case it seems odd why she would speak english, it's because I was just about the only member of the family that never learned Spanish. But I would visit her with my mother very often. And she would tell me all kinds of great tales and stories of how her husband used to ride with Pancho Villa and how life was back in the day... With my mother translating the entire time. So when she said goodbye to me in English, i knew it was special and it was meant for me.

That was a beautiful eulogy for steve.
    Last edited by reznor9; 10-30-2011 at 08:42 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There's a lot of scientific evidence to suggest that certain experiences (such as the tunnel of bright light) are extremely common, if not universal, in those close enough to death. The changes in brain chemistry are reported to actually make the final stages of death a pleasant experience (without any opiates in one's system). Whether there's really anything beyond the bright, warm light is a separate question. But at least the family can take some comfort from Steve's relatively peaceful passing. Palliative care for terminal cancer patients isn't always that effective.

Beautiful eulogy.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimwarmsands View Post
    Hey rkswat... Have you had a near death experience yourself?? I seriously doubt it. I have. There is a bright and warm light, I did see a couple family members that had past long before.. Until you know what your talking about don't act like you do.
    That is YOUR experience, not every ones. Plus he did not have a near death experience, he had a death experience. He had terminal cancer, he was probably highly medicated and most likely his last words were hours if not days before he died. Sorry but that's most likely how it went. SO until you have sat through literally 35+ of these situations, YOU don't really know what YOU'RE talking about. I of course don't know for sure because I wasn't there but these things typically follow a nice, steady, normal progression. Sorry to hurt your feelings by telling you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    Quit trying to desensitize the situation.
    Sometimes the truth is just what it is, harsh and to the point. I'm glad you had that wonderful experience. Simply stating how real life typically is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
    sham wow
    I LoL'd
    Last edited by rkswat; 10-30-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

When my mother passed... Recently.. She did see things too.. Her voice was gone.. Like a child who couldn't speak.. Just garbled trying to communicate... The afternoon, besides she passed, that evening, my nephew and I walked in there to say goodbye.
    She grabbed his arm.
    Said." I love you sweety" in her regular voice. Looked at me and said
    " I need to go get my 2 angel wings"
    There is something beyond. My mom was never religious or spiritual, never attended church etc.
    With my experience, I am sure steve seen something, in front of him... His amazing family, life, his effect on the world, and where he was going.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Oh wow.
    Tears in my eyes. Steve really was an amazing person, and not just because he gave us Apple!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg05 View Post
    lmao
    wtf?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aXcelion View Post
    reading this actually brought tears to my eyes....wow...oh wow
    Me too.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aXcelion View Post
    reading this actually brought tears to my eyes....wow...oh wow
    Same here. That was a great eulogy. Definitely miss Steve a lot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That is YOUR experience, not every ones. Plus he did not have a near death experience, he had a death experience. He had terminal cancer, he was probably highly medicated and most likely his last words were hours if not days before he died. Sorry but that's most likely how it went. SO until you have sat through literally 35+ of these situations, YOU don't really know what YOU'RE talking about. I of course don't know for sure because I wasn't there but these things typically follow a nice, steady, normal progression. Sorry to hurt your feelings by telling you the truth.
    A near death experience IS dying, it's just not a person's time yet. I think only the dead are qualified to talk about dying, though, so not you, not me, or anyone here is qualified to say what happens when you die. YOU don't know what YOU're talking about. Someone who had a near death experience is clearly more qualified to describe it than someone so callous.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    A near death experience IS dying, it's just not a person's time yet. I think only the dead are qualified to talk about dying, though, so not you, not me, or anyone here is qualified to say what happens when you die. YOU don't know what YOU're talking about. Someone who had a near death experience is clearly more qualified to describe it than someone so callous.
    Just because you have had near death experience doesn't mean anything. That's maybe what that guy thinks he saw, but I too have had a near death experience (drowning accident. Officially dead for 5 minutes) and I didn't see sh**. and the guy you quoted could very well know what he is talking about. He could've had a family member in the same state and that's how it happened, or perhaps works in a hospital where it happens all the time like that. No one knows anything for sure, but you can only make assumptions based off of past experiences. Your assumption is no more credible than anyone else's though, no matter who you are or what happened to you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You probably saw nothing because you have no soul.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    You probably saw nothing because you have no soul.
    Wtf is that? Lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sometimes the truth is just what it is, harsh and to the point. I'm glad you had that wonderful experience. Simply stating how real life typically is.

I LoL'd
    I'm not going to disagree or agree with anyone here simply because no matter how valid we think our points are, they truly hold no validity since death is the ultimate mystery to us all. Dimethyltryptamine is a chemical that is released in extremely small doses during a dream. however, it is only released in large doses during only 3 times in a persons life: in the moment of birth, the moment of death, and during a near death experience. the large dose of this chemical brings the person into what some believe to be a transition phase. the visual soup made up of hallucinations, bright lights, and what some consider "enlightened beings" all leads to the idea of moving on to a different realm. Jobs may have been simply reacting to this phenomenon.
    The only thing that troubles me about these comments is the nurses insensitive, and somewhat typical, attitude towards the emotions that one feels during the death of a loved one - I'm glad his sister mentioned they kept only 3/67 nurses because it supports my opinion. the attitude is meant to extinguish any emotion felt by the persons final words and belittle the experience into something that means nothing. I hope rkswat one day opens thier mind and heart to others emotions and feelings and forget about showing us your credentials as a nurse. what you said was unnecessary, and to be honest, disrespectful to anyone who has ever been touched by a loved ones final words. The "truth" doesn't need to be explained by you. what one takes home from the experience is their truth, and their truth only. It's not your place to try to take that away from them.

Its nurses that present this attitude that makes me lose my trust in the healthcare system. patients shouldn't just be a number and doctors, nurses, and administrators all need to try to be the best healthcare professional out there, both skillfully and emotionally. after all we are trusting you with our loved ones.

Thanks

Imagine looking at your loved ones -- the sister you found, the wife you loved, the children you helped to bring in to this world -- and recalling your life with them (OH WOW), that you will no longer be a part of that (OH WOW), and that you've left something of yourself that will outlive you (OH WOW).

I don't think it has to specifically be drugs, visions of dead loved ones, visions of heaven or dimethyltryptamine.

Perhaps it was some of those, all of those or none of those.Leaving everything behind when you feel like you have so many more things to do can be very 'OH WOW.'

For Steve Jobs, 'OH WOW' seems to me to be very fitting words.
    Last edited by quidam_brujah; 11-01-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flynnstone View Post
    Often, when someone is very close to someone passing, they receive a glimpse of the other side. My take on it would be his amazement of whats to come.
    2 things are wrong with your statement:
    1. that isn't provable because if they're very close to passing, they won't be able to tell you anything because they'll die before they can
    2. because you can't prove it, your first word, "Often" is not valid

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12