Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FireCore Releases aTV Flash (Black) Release Candidate 1 (RC1) For Apple TV 2G

Thanks

Default FireCore Releases aTV Flash (Black) Release Candidate 1 (RC1) For Apple TV 2G

FireCore seems to be on a roll this week with updates and releases. They have now released aTV Flash (black) Release Candidate 1 (RC1) for the Apple TV 2G.The aTV Flash package has been in beta for almost 10 months now so the fact that it is now moving forward is exciting for many users.

For those of you who don’t know what aTV Flash (black) is, the description from FireCore’s website may help you understand a bit better:

aTV Flash (black) is a user-friendly software package that supercharges your new black AppleTV, unleashing a plethora of new functionality. Don’t worry about the technical details – aTV Flash (black) is simple to use and safe for your AppleTV. Installation is a snap and doesn’t require any physical changes to the AppleTV.
    Some of the features found in the software package include:

• The ability to play popular media formats including MKV, AVI, MP4, and many others
    • Surf the web and stream HTML5
    • Access all of your DVDs on a single device
    • Discover new music via Last.fm
    • Automatically download and display cover art and other meta data from TheMovieDB and TheTVDB
    • Stream media from a Mac, PC or NAS device directly to the AppleTV.
    • Create video playlists
    • Access to weather forecasts
    • Keep track of all your favorite news via RSS feeds.

You can watch a demo video of the software package below as well:

The aTV Flash (black) software-package is currently available for pre-order 1 year worth of upgrades for a discounted price of $19.99, which will give you access to the release candidate version. You will need to have a jailbroken Apple TV 2G to use aTV Flash (black). For those of you who need to jailbreak your Apple TV 2G, you can do so using FireCore’s Seas0nPass, which was recently updated to support iOS 4.4.x. For those of you who are already jailbroken using a previous version of aTV Flash (black), you can download the RC1 version by going through Maintenance then Manage Extras. For those of you interested in seeing the change log, hit the source link below.

Share any thoughts, comments, and experiences regarding aTV Flash (black) below!

Source: FireCore (blog)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

I am currently using XBMC, but may move to this. The latest XBMC feels broken. One thing I need, and this may make it a ton easier, is a central DB for all of my movies and TV shows. I have 3 ATV around the house and about to place a 4th. XBMC still has this going for them, as well as the way it dip lays TV shows...

Quote Originally Posted by Daerid View Post
    I am currently using XBMC, but may move to this. The latest XBMC feels broken. One thing I need, and this may make it a ton easier, is a central DB for all of my movies and TV shows. I have 3 ATV around the house and about to place a 4th. XBMC still has this going for them, as well as the way it dip lays TV shows...
    I'm using a centralized DB with XBMC though not a "stock feature" it is easy to setup.

I prefer Plex, but this sounds like it is worth checking out..

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait, does apple tv have a hard drive? How do you get all this other media onto it? I'm so confused

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Does appletv allow you to stream 1080p video? If so how well? I kinda want one

You stream video/other media. It has a very small Hdd I believe

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    Does appletv allow you to stream 1080p video? If so how well? I kinda want one

You stream video/other media. It has a very small Hdd I believe
    Not right now, 1080p support is rumored to be coming though.

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Wait, does apple tv have a hard drive? How do you get all this other media onto it? I'm so confused
    it couldnt get sweeter. as long as you are sharing files within your network the atv will see it and play it. ive only run 720p mkvs but it runs them like a dream. hell better then my xbox 360 thats needs to formmated specifically to run right. and its all done by streaming. its a very cool way to go.

Banned
    Thanks

Sounds like this turns a Apple TV into a WDTV.I'll stick with my WDTV that does everything stock standard.

And I've now seen first hand another problem with this site. For some reason I wasn't logged in but I could read all posts here. As soon as I logged in to reply I now only see the first post. I cant see the post I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Sounds like this turns a Apple TV into a WDTV.I'll stick with my WDTV that does everything stock standard.

And I've now seen first hand another problem with this site. For some reason I wasn't logged in but I could read all posts here. As soon as I logged in to reply I now only see the first post. I cant see the post I just did.
    Does wdtv support airplay stock?

I use XBMC now and it works pretty good. Does the iOS need to be updated to use this? I found it in NitoTV and it's installing now but not sure if it's the latest version or not.