Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
10-28-2011, 12:22 AM #1
Jailbreak Your Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.4.2 With Seas0nPass (Tethered)
If you are an Apple TV user, than you will be glad to hear that FireCore recently released an updated version of their jailbreaking tool – Seas0nPass to support a tethered jailbreak for Apple TV 2G’s on iOS 4.4.x.
Apple released iOS 4.4 for the Apple TV just two weeks back along with the release of iOS 5. Since then, two minor updates have been released to fix bugs (iOS 4.4.1 and iOS 4.4.2). For the Apple TV, iOS 4.4.x included some big features such as:
- AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
1. Download iOS 4.4.2 (9A336a) and save the IPSW somewhere easy to find.
2. Download the latest version of Seas0nPass:
4. Let Seas0nPass complete the jailbreak and restore process (which it will do automatically)
5. After the restore is complete, move your Apple TV to your TV and follow the steps provided to perform a Tethered Boot.
The FireCore team even went as far as providing a list of compatible plugins with iOS 4.4.2 for the Apple TV 2G:
Which plugins are supported on 4.4?If you don’t mind having the tethered jailbreak, it’s probably a good idea to go ahead and update then re-jailbreak. For those of you who decide to go ahead and do that, let us know about your experience below!
10-28-2011, 10:05 AM #2
Says my atv2 isnt authorized for the restore or something, ughComputers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
- Popular Mechanics, 1949
10-28-2011, 11:22 AM #3
i get unknown error occurred 1600Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
- Popular Mechanics, 1949
10-28-2011, 01:04 PM #4
I had the same issue, but what the instructions don't tell you is that you have to connect your ATV2 via usb (and not the power cord) to your Mac/PC FIRST and put it in DFU mode (hold menu and play for 7 seconds) BEFORE starting the process in Seasonpass.
I started the process in Seasonpass without having it plugged in and got the same error as mentioned by the previous posts.
10-28-2011, 02:55 PM #5
So I'm new tonjailbreaking my atv2. And was wondering where I can find the tweaks/apps to install. I know that u need to ssh to install them. But don't know where to get them.
10-28-2011, 03:05 PM #6
10-28-2011, 06:45 PM #7
I just wish my iPad 1 could do airplay mirroring.
10-28-2011, 11:07 PM #8
Just did mine today with no problems at all following the instructions from forecore.
I wish jb an iPhone was that easy!!! Season pass does everything for you it's amazing!!
10-30-2011, 08:15 AM #9
i always have issues jailbreaking my aptv2...shits annoying....dont know why it doesnt work....
how do you know it works in the end?
Last edited by sub zero; 10-30-2011 at 08:27 AM.
05-14-2012, 05:29 AM #10
My Apple TV won't take power from USB. Is there any special kind of cable that is to be used or what?