Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Number of Full-Time Apple Employees Now Tops 63,000

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Number of Full-Time Apple Employees Now Tops 63,000

In lockstep with the tech giant's ballooning sales and market presence, Apple's full-time work force is also growing by leaps and bounds.

Brought to light by a recent filing by Apple with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Cupertino, California-based outfit now employees just north of 63,000 full-time employees. One year ago, that number was just under 50,000. In other words, Apple's work force has popped by 28% in less than one year.

Correspondingly, Apple now controls some 13.2 million square feet of building space. Of that square footage kingdom, 3.0 million of it is reserved for retail (largely found in the U.S.). Year over year, Apple's appetite for space has grown considerably. In 2010, Apple had 10.5 million square feet of space. 2.5 million square feet were dedicated as retail space. In terms of overall land space, Apple gobbled up more than 100 acres of land so far for 2011.

Apple's research and development investments grew by more than a third to $2.4 billion dollars in 2011 (up from $1.8 billion last year). For 2009, the company forked over $1.3 billion in research costs. All told, these are relatively small investments for a company with so much cash in its reserves. The filing shows that Apple is sitting on better than $81.6 billion in cash and both short and long term investments.

In the filing, however, Apple warned that gross margins, which grew to 40.5% from 39.4% last year, would probably dip in response to the company's "new and innovative products" that have "higher cost structures."

Source: Wall Street Journal

Now I can add another 63,000 people to my "Who Hates their Life" list lol

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superman0069 View Post
    Why would u hate working for Apple?
    R u not technical or something?

did your own comment really make you 'laugh out loud' ?

Quote Originally Posted by pete.heat View Post
    did your own comment really make you 'laugh out loud' ?
    Yes it did! I would LOVE to work for Apple. I would actually be the first person to work at the Apple Store that knows EVERYTHING there is to know about all the Apple products in the store. You go in to almost any Apple Store and many either don't know WTH they are talking about or don't even own an Apple product themselves to fully explain and back up what they say by experience. smh Also the reason for my comment is because I have known NUMEROUS of Apple Store employees that has explained to me why they hate their job so much and believe me its not because of the customers lol

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it did! I would LOVE to work for Apple. I would actually be the first person to work at the Apple Store that knows EVERYTHING there is to know about all the Apple products in the store. You go in to almost any Apple Store and many either don't know WTH they are talking about or don't even own an Apple product themselves to fully explain and back up what they say by experience. smh Also the reason for my comment is because I have known NUMEROUS of Apple Store employees that has explained to me why they hate their job so much and believe me its not because of the customers lol
    What city and state do u live in cause this is not true for Austin Tx at the domain store

Yea I've only had experience with a couple and they knew almost nothing it was appalling!

Thanks
    This photo is more awkward than newfriends discovering the truth about Steve Jobs...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    What city and state do u live in cause this is not true for Austin Tx at the domain store
    It's that way here in Iowa, as well as San Luis Obsipo CA when I lived there. You must be the exception. Good for you!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Who knows if Apple retail stores employees can get a discount on Apple products ? My neighbor is a manager there, he says that they can`t get any. Liar?

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Half of them probably has a jail broken or unlocked iDevice.

Thanks

They're Cyborgs... I'm telling ya!
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas