Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Match Developer Library Deletion Points Towards Pending Launch

Thanks

Default iTunes Match Developer Library Deletion Points Towards Pending Launch

Apple recently made an announcement to developers informing them that the developer iTunes Match libraries for those who are currently beta testing will be deleted as of Thursday, October 27th. The last deletion took place just a few weeks ago and all fingers are pointing towards an impending launch (expected to be coming up before the end of the month).

For those of you who were beta testing it, Apple advises you to turn off iTunes Match on both your computer and your iOS device(s) (although music on your computers shouldn’t be affected). Now for those of you who don’t already know, iTunes Match will cost $24.99 per year and provide a convenient scan and match service that will determine which songs on a user’s hard drive are also available on the iTunes Music Store – at which point the songs will be added and accessible from iCloud.

Apple isn’t the only one offering this type of service to users – Amazon and Google are also in the market. The Cupertino giant brags that their service will scan the library in just minutes compared to weeks of upload time that it claims their competitors’ require. The service will also offer increased music quality by providing 256 Kbps AAC downloads (even if the files that were matched have a lower bitrate). The iTunes Match should be released at some point in the next few days, so stay tuned.

Are any of you going to be purchasing the iTunes Match service? What are your thoughts on the service? Are you excited? Let us know by dropping a comment!

Source: Apple

I will do as the price is cheaper than replacing my CDs if anything did happen to them!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been testing it, and all though there are a few kinks to work out, I love it!!! Only part of my iPhone that I hate is that it is now on verizon... Verizon service sucks here so my streaming is very weak..

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

So this iTunes Match will scan and convert ANY song in my pc over to an iTunes "purchased" song? If that is true this must be great news for piraters since all the songs they have are more than likely from a free torrent download.

Will higher bitrate songs be downgraded to 256K, or remain as Apple lossless conversions from flac?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    Will higher bitrate songs be downgraded to 256K, or remain as Apple lossless conversions from flac?
    Well, since itunes doesn't do FLAC, it wouldn't be in your library to match, so nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    So this iTunes Match will scan and convert ANY song in my pc over to an iTunes "purchased" song? If that is true this must be great news for piraters since all the songs they have are more than likely from a free torrent download.
    It will not be purchased. The song will be aviailable in your iCloud library as long as you pay 24.99 a year. Your song will still be resident in its native form in your iTunes library.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    Well, since itunes doesn't do FLAC, it wouldn't be in your library to match, so nothing will happen.
    iTunes does do .alac, .m4a and .aiff though. Which are lossless formates.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Just another way for Apple to extract MORE cash from it's users!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    Now for those of you who don’t already know, iTunes Match will cost $24.99 per year and provide a convenient scan and match service that will determine which songs on a user’s hard drive are also available on the iTunes Music Store – at which point the songs will be added and accessible from iCloud.

Source: Apple
    So we can only listen to songs that we and Apple have? That's dumb not all my 3000 songs are fully labeled dangit
    I bet this is Apples alternative to having a 64 gig iPhone or higher but that's dumb cause then ppl can buy the 32gig and be fine

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    So we can only listen to songs that we and Apple have? That's dumb not all my 3000 songs are fully labeled dangit
    I bet this is Apples alternative to having a 64 gig iPhone or higher but that's dumb cause then ppl can buy the 32gig and be fine
    The songs iTunes match cannot identify will be uploaded to apples servers, so you will be fine.

That's weird... I never got that email. I just checked my spam boxes too. And today's the 27th. Match continues to work just fine, including new songs and downloading songs to iPhone from Match. Maybe it was only cleared for some developers or some countries (despite the fact that the email above says all)?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am looking forward to this so long as it works seemlessly with the music app. Currently using google music, which is great, but there are no plans to make an actual app. If Google made an app, I think I would stick with them hands down. Can't beat free after all...

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I'd rather use a service like this than buy more storage on my iPhone. This way my music isn't stored in multiple places (on my phone, on my media center, on my laptop, etc.) As has been mentioned, there will be some space for uploading your own tracks as well. The better scenario for you IMO would be to grab some software that tags stuff for you. Windows (maybe OSX) has media monkey. It's free and does exactly that. Not worth complaining about IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    It's not going to count as a purchased song. That is to say, you won't be bale to then redownload saig song from iTunes. You will, however, be able to stream your pirated music using iTunes match. I don't necessarily see how this is any more advantageous to the pirate as to the legitimate consumer though... There already is Google music after all.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-27-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings