+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs' Biting Revelation to Rupert Murdoch Comes to Light

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Steve Jobs' Biting Revelation to Rupert Murdoch Comes to Light

As the masses consume every tidbit of information contained in the new Walter Isaacson tome on the life and career of Steve Jobs, insightful new information comes to light on a daily basis.

Today the world is learning more about what Steve Jobs thought of his friend Rupert Murdoch's Fox News Channel. As highlighted in a new report from Reuters, the late Apple chief told Rupert Murdoch last year that he considered Fox News to be "an incredibly destructive force in our society."

“The axis today is not liberal and conservative, the axis is constructive-destructive, and you’ve cast your lot with the destructive people. Fox has become an incredibly destructive force in our society. You can be better, and this is going to be your legacy if you’re not careful,” Jobs told Murdoch in June 2010.

Jobs added that he didn't believe Murdoch liked the network's direction. "Rupert's a builder, not a tearer-downer," he told Isaacson. "I've had some meetings with James [Murdoch], and I think he agrees with me. I can just tell." Rupert Murdoch, however, did let the criticism stick. "He's got sort of a left-wing view on this," the News Corp. chief told Isaacson.

According to the report, Jobs wanted Jon Stewart's team at "The Daily Show" to assemble several Fox News moments for Murdoch to watch. "But he hasn't sent it to me," Murdoch tells Isaacson in the new book.

Source: Reuters

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"...Steve Jobs thought of his friend Rupert Murdoch..."I died a bit after reading that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    "...Steve Jobs thought of his friend Rupert Murdoch..."I died a bit after reading that.
    don't forget which l33t h4x0r invented this:

and which one invented this:
    News International phone hacking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by raduga; 10-26-2011 at 03:29 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yep, you should always let political viewpoints get in the way of friendships.

Yep, you should always let political viewpoints get in the way of friendships.
    Last edited by MikePA; 10-26-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    They didn't invent the BlueBox.
    They used it as much as many tech enthusiasts of the time would.
    Blue box - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by nutz; 10-27-2011 at 06:13 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Steve Jobs was a smart man but here he is clearly letting his liberal bias cloud his judgement. How in the world can telling the truth to the American people be destructive? Fox News is #1 in the ratings every month for a reason. The majority of American's became tired of the obvious liberal bias on all the other networks. Liberals hate the truth!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Steve Jobs was a smart man but here he is clearly letting his liberal bias cloud his judgement. How in the world can telling the truth to the American people be destructive? Fox News is #1 in the ratings every month for a reason. The majority of American's became tired of the obvious liberal bias on all the other networks. Liberals hate the truth!
    You lack objectivity. Not, necessarily, because you like Fox but because you are under the impression Fox presents the truth. And by the way, being "#1" is not an indicator of truth, objectivity or intelligence.

Your approach, your view above, is nothing but shortsighted and likely a bit of brainwashing. It is the lack of so many people to observe and analyze what's in their face in a truly objective manner, that both saddens and worries me for our future. Not necessarily peoples political differences, but the inability to observe objectively.

And you, sir, lack it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Liberals hate the truth!
    Are you ready for the Truth?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffS4 View Post
    Not, necessarily, because you like Fox but because you are under the impression Fox presents the truth.
    Think you can handle it?
    Last edited by raduga; 10-27-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,669 Times in 826 Posts

The more I hear about Steve Job's life, the more I find he's a creepy douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffS4 View Post
    You lack objectivity. Not, necessarily, because you like Fox but because you are under the impression Fox presents the truth. And by the way, being "#1" is not an indicator of truth, objectivity or intelligence.

Your approach, your view above, is nothing but shortsighted and likely a bit of brainwashing. It is the lack of so many people to observe and analyze what's in their face in a truly objective manner, that both saddens and worries me for our future. Not necessarily peoples political differences, but the inability to observe objectively.

And you, sir, lack it.
    The Truth is that Fox News is the only network that shows both sides of the story. Liberalism and Conservatism are both mindsets - Fox makes it a point to show both sides; both mindsets. As a Republican, why am I not scared of people hearing both sides on Fox, yet Liberals fear and loathe hearing about any conflicting viewpoint? Think about it. Who's closer to the truth? Those that do not fear it.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 10-27-2011 at 11:55 PM.