+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple HDTV Coming Soon, Says Report

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by unison999 Apple stuff? I think you are missing some zeros behind that 35. More like $3500... And I thought 3DTV is overpriced stuff, can't wait to see
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Apple stuff? I think you are missing some zeros behind that 35. More like $3500...

    And I thought 3DTV is overpriced stuff, can't wait to see how overpriced this AppleTV is going to be.
    I agree with u there, anythings out of apple is two number and two 0. $$$$

  2. #22
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    Wonder if apple will make a game console like ps3, or xbox....
    It would be nice if they came up with an Apple car - or iCar. Siri, drive me to work.

  3. #23
    Green Apple brownlace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    That would be sick!

  4. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,438
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by perealb View Post
    That already happens with remote controls - nothing new - but I would rather say: "Siri, change to Discovery Channel" or "Siri, find me a sci-fi movie made in 2011" or "Siri, set to record all new episodes of Family Guy" or "Siri, what are the best rated tv shows at the moment? (siri lists) Please, record XXXXX" or "Siri, play the movie Horrible Bosses" or...
    Most households only have a single remote to control changing the channel and once the fight over the remote is over, only one person has control over the TV.
    With a voice activated TV everyone with in range of the TV has control, unless you can set it to respond to just one voice, but even that can usually be easily fooled.

    Especially with a house with a few kids of different ages, turning off the voice commands would be must.
    How many "Siri delete all recordings" are gonna happen in the heat of the moment? :P

  5. #25
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Most households only have a single remote to control changing the channel and once the fight over the remote is over, only one person has control over the TV.
    With a voice activated TV everyone with in range of the TV has control, unless you can set it to respond to just one voice, but even that can usually be easily fooled.

    Especially with a house with a few kids of different ages, turning off the voice commands would be must.
    How many "Siri delete all recordings" are gonna happen in the heat of the moment? :P
    You: "Siri, I'm the boss here. Only follow my commands."
    Siri: "Yes, Sir."
    Last edited by perealb; 10-24-2011 at 02:52 PM.

  6. #26
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,133
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    you guys do realize this TV will have a remote (wifi remote device) you have to push to activate the voice command, just so TV would not change change channel by itself when it mentions other network. Or a beer commercial mentions football the TV changes to a football game when you are in middle of your soap

  7. #27
    My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    995
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 102 Times in 97 Posts

    There was a funny bit on 30 Rock with voice activated TV.

  8. #28
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    you guys do realize this TV will have a remote (wifi remote device) you have to push to activate the voice command, just so TV would not change change channel by itself when it mentions other network. Or a beer commercial mentions football the TV changes to a football game when you are in middle of your soap
    That would be solved by having to say the work Siri followed by a short pause before each command - just like the ship computer in the Star Trek series. "Computer, increase the shield to maximum."

  9. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth, Milky Way Galaxy - Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    I did the maths - 2.5 bil / 1.4 mil = 1785 Dollars / TV!

  10. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ventura, California, United States
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    This better be 1080p LED Backlight with 120 Hz refresh rate. It better be a 40" for a price of $799 Siri on the TV would be sick.. Siri the porno channel please

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts

    It won't be called iTV tho there's already a major tv channel here in the uk called that that's been around for years, can't see apple suing them lol, though they will probably try

  12. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    I hope they don't make it all 3D crap, I'm sick of that stuff, it's not even that cool, just makes you sick, lightheaded, and gives you a headache. If it's anything life changing like the iPhone was it'll be extremely cool and will sell like hotcakes!

  13. #33
    iPhoneaholic Nefarious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    313
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

    I would buy one in a heartbeat!

  14. #34
    What's Jailbreak? dz302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Apple stuff? I think you are missing some zeros behind that 35. More like $3500...

    And I thought 3DTV is overpriced stuff, can't wait to see how overpriced this AppleTV is going to be.
    The only time something is to expensive is if you can't afford it. History has proven that most Apple products
    do exactly as they are professed to do, and a little bit more. They do what we anticipate they will when we make
    the decision to buy....now that's always a good deal.

    dz

  15. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    Wonder if apple will make a game console like ps3, or xbox....
    Already did.

  16. #36
    What's Jailbreak? Nintendo Fingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ha! Anything big from apple like this don't expect it to be within budget lol. For every inch the tv screen is add two zeros and there's your price lol 32in=$3200 etc. If apple came out with a gaming console, I could imagine all the hardcore stuff it'll have built in and the actual design of it. And of course apple wouldn't only build one console to do everything, there'll be 2 or 3 variations.
    Screw syncing....I drag & drop!!!

  17. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,133
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dz302 View Post
    The only time something is to expensive is if you can't afford it. History has proven that most Apple products
    do exactly as they are professed to do, and a little bit more. They do what we anticipate they will when we make
    the decision to buy....now that's always a good deal.

    dz

    I can afford it. I said over priced not too expensive. Over priced means I do not see the value of the product compared to what Apple is charging. Most people I know agrees with me, so does many people on this board. I hardly ever see Apple = good deal.

  18. #38
    What's Jailbreak? dz302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I can afford it. I said over priced not too expensive. Over priced means I do not see the value of the product compared to what Apple is charging. Most people I know agrees with me, so does many people on this board. I hardly ever see Apple = good deal.
    Would you mind taking a moment explaining yourself as to why our products are not worth it? I'm extremely curious
    and could learn something here. Because others think so is hardly a convincing argument for the case. Thanks.

    dz

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts