+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Biography Released Early for Kindle, iBooks Still Showing Preorder

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
For those of you hoping to get a jump on reading through Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs, it appears the Kindle Store has the book available a few hours
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Steve Jobs Biography Released Early for Kindle, iBooks Still Showing Preorder

For those of you hoping to get a jump on reading through Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs, it appears the Kindle Store has the book available a few hours early.

Isaacson based the 658-page biography on over 40 interviews held with Jobs over a two-year period as well as more than 100 interviews with "family, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleagues." Jobs encouraged those interviewed to be honest, and made it clear to Isaacson nothing was off limits. Jobs even asked to have no control over the content of the book, or even read it before it was published.

The last fact is what is so strikingly different about this venture. In all things Apple, in all his successes, Jobs needed control. Everything that Apple is, is at least somehow in part because of the detail oriented, and control freak like nature of Jobs. However, it does seem fitting, that he ultimately trusted Isaacson to compose of book of his greatest successes and presumably greatest failures, not just as a Silicon Valley visionary, but also as a man. Jobs understood that a man is composed of more than what his Reality Distortion Field would often let in.

Expect a full review of the book to be up later in the week. Currently the book is available in digital format from iBooks and the Kindle Store for $16.99. For those who want a physical edition the Hard Cover is available from Amazon Barnes & Noble for $17.88.

Source: TUAW
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 10-23-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Worth the money.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just purchased and downloaded it to my iPad. This will be a good time passer.
    pew pew

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats just wrong! On the Kindle before one of Steves creations!Aside from that I have preordered the hard cover too. Soon come.

Thanks

Already have it here in Australia..

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

It lets me press buy and then does nothing. I assume because it's over 20 MB and I'm on 3G. I hope I haven't bought ten copies as I've tried over an over to download it.