+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fascinating New Insights Leaked from Upcoming Steve Jobs Biography

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
This Sunday on the CBS presentation of "60 Minutes," we are going to see and hear a side of Steve Jobs that we never previously had access to. On the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Fascinating New Insights Leaked from Upcoming Steve Jobs Biography

This Sunday on the CBS presentation of "60 Minutes," we are going to see and hear a side of Steve Jobs that we never previously had access to. On the eve of the much-anticipated release of the official Steve Jobs biography, Walter Isaacson (the writer who penned Steve Jobs' bio) opens up about his more than 40 interviews with the Apple co-founder before his death earlier this month.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs refused to allow surgeons to perform what could have been life-saving surgery on his pancreatic cancer... Isaacson says Jobs told him he regretted his decision to try alternative therapies and said he put off the operation because it was too invasive.
    "I've asked [Jobs why he didn't get an operation then] and he said, 'I didn't want my body to be opened...I didn't want to be violated in that way,'" Isaacson reveals. Jobs would ultimately wait nine months before he underwent the procedure - a delay that Jobs would later regret. "I think that he kind of felt that if you ignore something, if you don't want something to exist, you can have magical thinking...we talked about this a lot," Isaacson admits. "He wanted to talk about it, how he regretted it....I think he felt he should have been operated on sooner."

During the interview, Isaacson says Jobs admitted to lying to his staff about his condition, deploring how the wealth of some Apple employees changed them, and his feelings about the existence or non-existence of God. All told, the segment - which will include audio clips from Steve Jobs' interviews right before his death - will likely be a must-watch for all Apple and Steve Jobs admirers.

This installment of "60 Minutes" airs Sunday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

Source: CBS

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can. Not. Wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iliveudie View Post
    Can. Not. Wait.
    Me too!

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Reminder (using the app set. I pre ordered the Bio two days ago. I'm so excited.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't topically watch live tv. But I will watch this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice Photo...

Thanks

R.I.P Steve....I can see already android fans sayin "of course he doesnt wanna be open cuz he wants to be just like his ios ....closed" so if ya hear this type of crap dont be surprise. Btw where can i pre order this biography?

What's Jailbreak? Gman Smartboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loko914 View Post
    Btw where can i pre order this biography?
    iBooks, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and just about anywhere you can get a book physically or digitally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gman Smartboy View Post
    iBooks, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and just about anywhere you can get a book physically or digitally.

Thanx man lol, i had a brain fart and im not a reader so i ask that stupid question, i be on amazon all the time. Got ma preorder!!

Thanks

Should be a very interesting watch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wow, interesting stuff.. i've thought that there wasn't anything anyone could do to save him but seems like there have been some chances and he didn't want to try them.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Made my pre-order yesterday for the Bio

Thanks

Still makes me sad.. What a life though, from
    Your garage to multibillion dollar company. Steve is soo classy and I cannot wait for Sunday.

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    I already requested the book at my library,i'm #18 and there are 20+ copies so I will probably get it a few days after it comes out.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loko914 View Post
    R.I.P Steve....I can see already android fans sayin "of course he doesnt wanna be open cuz he wants to be just like his ios ....closed" so if ya hear this type of crap dont be surprise. Btw where can i pre order this biography?
    Did you look on any of the sites, like Phandroid and others when the news of his death went public? People everywhere were sad, even Android fans. News of his death produced some of the longest threads... an Android forums at that! Anyone that thinks something like this is just classless. Has nothing to do with what OS they choose...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I cannot wait.

Been wanting this since it was announced. The man that kept stuff so secret lets it out. Saw another news article elsewhere that he talks about LSD use when he was younger.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just don't understand some people when they do things like this... not getting the surgery or using alternative ways.... I have a friend that just found out she has breast cancer and she is letting them remove the lump however she is not doing radiation or anything else.... Feel sorry for him that he choice the path he did as far as surgery goes... it might have saved his life? However I feel sorrier for his family now that he is not here with us.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Did you look on any of the sites, like Phandroid and others when the news of his death went public? People everywhere were sad, even Android fans. News of his death produced some of the longest threads... an Android forums at that! Anyone that thinks something like this is just classless. Has nothing to do with what OS they choose...
    Correct. You even had gamer forums talking about it. It was not just about Apple. It was about the things Steve did and helped push forward for many companies.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I also ordered his biography as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Yes it is classless u right but i did read negative comments from some rude people, but unfortunely theres some ignorant people in this world and basically what im saying is that dont be surprise when you come upon something like that. But most android people actually do respect but theres always that ten percent.