Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 4.4.1 For Apple TV Users

Thanks

Default Apple Releases iOS 4.4.1 For Apple TV Users

Just a week ago, Apple released the iOS 4.4 firmware update for the Apple TV 2G. Today, the Cupertino giant seems to be pushing out iOS 4.4.1 build 9A335A, which likely brings several bug fixes and minor performance improvements to the table.

Last week’s iOS 4.4. firmware update brought several new features to the Apple TV 2G including: AirPlay Mirroring, National Hockey League, Photo Stream, Wall Street Journal Live, Trailers, and many improvements. Before the update, iOS 4.3 build 8F455 for the Apple TV 2G was released back in August, which brought many features such as the ability to stream purchased TV shows from iTunes and the option to browse and stream video from Vimeo.

As of right now, there is no official change log for today’s firmware (iOS 4.4.1) available yet, but as mentioned before, it’s likely minor bug fixes and performance improvements (indicated from the 4.4.1 up from 4.4). It comes in at 377.06 MB compared to last week’s 377.0 MB, which is another indicator that not much has been added.

You can download the firmware below or you can update it directly by navigating to Settings -> General -> Update Software -> Download and Install.

Download iOS 4.4.1 (9A335a) for the Apple TV 2G

I never seem an apple tv

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    I never seem an apple tv
    ?

I still have my first gen in it's box in my closet. My 2nd gen is used heavly for Netflix in the computer room.

I read elsewhere that 4.4 caused some issues with sound. Maybe this is the fix for that. I didn't have issues myself.

Its likely just a way to break my plex machine!

Are MLB, NHL and WSJ country restricted? At one point I had MLB on my Apple TV and then I'm not sure which update made it disappear. Now when updating to 4.4, there is no MLB, NHL, or WSJ listed.

I live outside the U.S. and I sure wish that Apple TV had some U.S. News streaming shows. Once that occurs, I would finally be able to tell the overpriced cable company what to do with their box

Banned
    Thanks

I hope a IOS5.0.1 will come out soon to fix all the bugs in IOS5.

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    I never seem an apple tv
    I've only seen pictures of them here but I have seen the box at the shop.
    I decided to get a WDTV Live as it does heaps more than the AppleTV so it was a better choice.
    I dont know anyone with a AppleTV as everyone I know has the WDTV and are happy with that.
    Nobody wants to be restricted and wants to play whatever format movie they have so the WDTV is the better choice.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 10-18-2011 at 01:01 AM.

I've only seen pictures of them here but I have seen the box at the shop.
    I decided to get a WDTV Live as it does heaps more than the AppleTV so it was a better choice.
    I dont know anyone with a AppleTV as everyone I know has the WDTV and are happy with that.
    Nobody wants to be restricted and wants to play whatever format movie they have so the WDTV is the better choice.

I <3 my apple tv 2
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Apple TV is lacking. Maybe ATV3 will make up for it. Make it so that it will run Apps natively (not just air play) and offer an optional touch screen remote. THEN we are talking about a very nice media center and gaming console - that is something I would buy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dknowle View Post
    Apple TV is lacking. Maybe ATV3 will make up for it. Make it so that it will run Apps natively (not just air play) and offer an optional touch screen remote. THEN we are talking about a very nice media center and gaming console - that is something I would buy.
    I agree lacking but why would I buy the ATV3 if they screwd me on the ATV2 unless its jailbroken even then.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hopefully it will make AirPlay Mirroring more smooth. For those who haven't tried it this is an excellent feature for the apple TV. It takes the possibilities of gaming on our iOS devices (4S and iPad 2) to an entirely different level.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Airplay Mirroring is a nice feature that I hope is expanded. Hopefully this update will address some of the glitches.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love my jailbroken Apple TV 2. What's the status of jailbreaking this new firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    It'll come out ~ 5 seconds after GeoHot comex MuscleNerd er... whoever's left, releases an untether. And OTA updates will "accidentally upgrade" before you know it

WARNING! The Apple TV update from 4.4.0 to 4.4.1 has bricked many ATVs this week! I was running 4.4.0 just fine but last night clicked "Update Now" when Apple TV said "An update is available". It got through Step 1, but then displayed a screen saying ATV needed to be connected to iTunes via USB. It's totally bricked now. I will attempt to Restore it when I can get my hands on a Micro-USB cable. Lots of reports in this thread on the Apple Support forums as well as this thread.

IF YOU HAVE A FUNCTIONING APPLE TV2 DO NOT UPDATE YET!

EDIT: It further appears that this update has been taken down by Apple and only version 4.3 is being offered. Again- do not let your ATV be bricked if you are prompted to update to 4.4.1

Kupe
    Last edited by Kupe; 10-19-2011 at 04:43 PM.

is apple tv really worth it

I use mine about 4 hours each day. On weekends more. I use mine as an Netflix streamer or iTunes streamer in my spare room while I play games.

So it is really up to you on if it is worth it.