Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Twisting Hollywood's Arm to Enable New iDevice Streaming Feature

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Twisting Hollywood's Arm to Enable New iDevice Streaming Feature
    According to a report Thursday morning the the Wall Street Journal, Apple is actively engaging in talks with Hollywood film studios to implement a new streaming feature that could simplify the enjoyment of entertainment for iDevice users everywhere.

The report contends that Apple is lobbying for a deal that would allow customers to stream movies they own (those that were purchased and downloaded from iTunes) to their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and even the Apple TV.

Apple Inc. is negotiating with Hollywood studios for deals that would let people who buy movies from the iTunes Store watch streaming versions of those movies on Apple devices such as iPads or iPhones without manually transferring them, according to people familiar with the matter.
    The framework of this concept should, by now, sound familiar. After all, Apple recently sealed the deal on a new service for iTunes customers which allows them to re-download the very songs and TV shows they presently own. For the time being, that service is limited and does not allow for the re-downloading of movies.

Ultimately, of course, if Apple does manage to secure an agreement with Hollywood production studios, it will likely cost Apple a pretty penny. As of 2011, Apple sells more movies online than any other digital retailer (Apple boasts of a 66% market share in this respect). With Hollywood all but certainly wanting a bigger piece of the action in return for letting Apple indulge in its streaming scheme, the folks in Cupertino may have little choice but to relinquish a few hefty buckets full of cash to get their way.

Source: WSJ

For those of us in the jailbreak community and even those outside of that already have the ability to stream tens of thousands of movies and TV shows, the latter never being up to date. There are jailbreak apps and, for less fortunate non-jailbreakers, there are websites providing much of the same function Apple is trying too hard to monopolize. This may all be moot if people knew that such free alternatives exists.
    Last edited by Hillefied; 10-13-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Which jailbreak app allows you to do this? And which website too?

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    Which jailbreak app allows you to do this? And which website too?
    Because of copyright infringement, I couldn't post that information here on ModMy, but I'm sure if you search on Google, you should be able to find that information. I apologize for not disclosing the info here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone posrjak's Avatar
    Thanks

You could send us a PM though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillefied View Post
    Because of copyright infringement, I couldn't post that information here on ModMy, but I'm sure if you search on Google, you should be able to find that information. I apologize for not disclosing the info here.
    Oh so your stealing the shows and movies...

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    Oh so your stealing the shows and movies...
    I can see that you're not familiar with federal law. The law doesn't just encompass the illegal acquisition of copyrighted material, but also illegal viewing and distribution. In respect to ModMy, I wouldn't want to provide that information publicly. Besides, I'm sure if I had, my post would have been deleted.