+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Redsn0w 0.9.9b5 Released - Mac Only For Now

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by mmaboi21 Only if you have a 3GS with an old bootrom. I heard there were problems with safari jailbroken on iOS 5, but a 'just boot tethered'
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Only if you have a 3GS with an old bootrom.

I heard there were problems with safari jailbroken on iOS 5, but a 'just boot tethered' option fixed it. Not sure what's happening in your case. What was the last tweak you installed?
    I just jailbreak, boot tethered and there is the problem. Before I install something else.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    I've seen the issue with Cydia not seeing any sources or allowing you to add any after a fresh jailbreak.
    Usually, just letting Cydia sit there for a few minutes, and then closing and restarting Cydia helps.

The issue with installing a few tweaks is that many/most tweaks aren't fully compatible with 5.0 yet.
    And the default Winterboard and SBSettings definitely aren't compatible. Probably you shouldn't install ANY tweaks until Cydia is behaving stably and you have added the "BigBoss Beta" repository and the new Winterboard/SBSetting/etc from there.
    SBSettings is working with iOS 5 I have it installed. WB still isn't. I posted, a few post ago, a link to tweaks compatible with iOS 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    I just jailbreak, boot tethered and there is the problem. Before I install something else.
    Wow, that sucks... Not sure what the problem is. My only guess is that safari is unstable jailbroken;So I've heard
    Also did you restore from a jailbroken backup? That might be the culprit.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 10-13-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Also did you restore from a jailbroken backup? That might be the culprit.
    True and false
    If u used PkgBackup or aptbackup then yes otherwise false

Thanks

I've had problems with a jailbroken backup without any of the above 'backup apps mentioned. It's just buggy to the point I need to restore and setup as new. Especially when you make a jump to a new OS. In my case I made the jump from 3.1.3 to 4.1. So I wouldn't say 'false breh

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Can we build a custom iPSW that "updates" only and does not jailbreak? This is in order to preserve baseband while maintaining all data.This way I can make an iOS5 backup and then restore to a fresh iOS5 install afterward.Is this possible?tim

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You should never use a Cydia package back-up app when making a major firmware upgrade (4.X.X to 5.X.X) because there is no way to know if the old packages are compatible with the new firmware. This can cause safe mode in most instances and the SWOD in other cases. You never know which app causes the mobile substrate error either so it's a huge waste of time. Re-download all your apps one by one and then make a new back-up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

raduga (10-13-2011)

zma
    Thanks

is winterboard & sbsetting are safe to install on IOS5 ? please advise cause yesterday I install them with other tweaks and my phone always boot in safe mode so I had to restore back and really I want to jailbreak it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default First Time JB
    Quote Originally Posted by zma View Post
    is winterboard & sbsetting are safe to install on IOS5 ? please advise cause yesterday I install them with other tweaks and my phone always boot in safe mode so I had to restore back and really I want to jailbreak it
    Hello this is my first time doing any kind of modifications to my phone and i have just been told about this and i want to try out this jail break thing i want to get more information on what it does and how to do it if anyone could please help me out it would due greatly appreciated!
    my email is [email protected] or you can just post it back on here either or it doesn't matter Thanks a lot!!!

Joshua Miller

What's Jailbreak? Spoiledone213's Avatar
    Thanks

Can I Jailbreak and Unlock my iphone 4, 4.3.5, MC319LL???

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Just JB and no problems with safari or the mail app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledone213 View Post
    Can I Jailbreak and Unlock my iphone 4, 4.3.5, MC319LL???
    No unlock available for that baseband (that I'm aware of).
    You can Jailbreak but it will be "tethered" for now, which sucks,
    so you may want to wait for an untethered JB (due out soon).

You might be able to use the iPad's baseband to do a carrier unlock,
    but that's tricky and has a possibility of messing up your phone (particularly, you may lose the GPS).

Either way, best to wait.

What's Jailbreak? prettymuchaaron's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe some one here can help me. I'm on iOS 5 with a Verizon iPhone 4 and I've tried 4 different times to jailbreak it with redsn0w 0.9.9b4. Everything works fine. I can get Cydia running and everything, but as soon as I download and package that requires mobilesubstrate, my phone goes into safe mode and I can't get it out. I've gone through and tried deleting the last package that I downloaded before my springboard crashed and I've even tried deleting mobilesubstrate, but nothing seems to work. I always end up having to just restore the phone and jailbreak it again. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've never had it happen before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prettymuchaaron View Post
    Maybe some one here can help me. I'm on iOS 5 with a Verizon iPhone 4 and I've tried 4 different times to jailbreak it with redsn0w 0.9.9b4. Everything works fine. I can get Cydia running and everything, but as soon as I download and package that requires mobilesubstrate, my phone goes into safe mode and I can't get it out. I've gone through and tried deleting the last package that I downloaded before my springboard crashed and I've even tried deleting mobilesubstrate, but nothing seems to work. I always end up having to just restore the phone and jailbreak it again. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've never had it happen before.
    Wait for apps to be updated right now only a handful work
    Such as: five icon dock, app switcher brightness, aptbackup, iFile and like 5 more

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

could you tell me how you got it to jail break every time i even try in the beginning like get into dfu mode or whatever its called i can't do anything i don't kno how could you please tell me

What's Jailbreak? prettymuchaaron's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.miller16 View Post
    could you tell me how you got it to jail break every time i even try in the beginning like get into dfu mode or whatever its called i can't do anything i don't kno how could you please tell me
    I don't really know man. You need to give a little more information. What exactly is it or is it not doing?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Wait for apps to be updated right now only a handful work
    Such as: five icon dock, app switcher brightness, aptbackup, iFile and like 5 more
    thanks man.
    Last edited by prettymuchaaron; 10-13-2011 at 06:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

oh of course we know exactly when an untethered unlocked wireless zero-button jailbreak will be out, we just won't tell you. you'll have to ask the magical unicorn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't really know man. You need to give a little more information. What exactly is it or is it not doing?

thanks man.
    i downloaded the redsnow and it is telling me the instructions that consist of holding the home and power button and what not and then it says error your iPhone is in recovery mode or whatever

Thanks

Go get beta 3 it works correctly for Just Boot and DFU

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.miller16 View Post
    i downloaded the redsnow and it is telling me the instructions that consist of holding the home and power button and what not and then it says error your iPhone is in recovery mode or whatever
    The countdown timers are a little off. It makes you hold the second step a little to long. Practice putting it into DFU mode and it will automatically advance to the next screen without pushing Next.