+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Issues Software Update for Apple TV

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Capping off a bustling day of updates, Apple has grduated the Apple TV's software to version 4.4 - an update that, among other tweaks, delivers several key improvements. Fiirst up
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Issues Software Update for Apple TV

Capping off a bustling day of updates, Apple has grduated the Apple TV's software to version 4.4 - an update that, among other tweaks, delivers several key improvements.

Fiirst up is AirPlay Mirroring. Now users can enjoy video mirroring by wirelessly streaming what's on their iPad 2 screen to their HDTV. Similarly, we also have Photo Stream, which lets you view photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.

Further cementing Apple TV's role in our absorption of contemporary entertainment, "Trailers" serves up what Apple calls "a whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers."

Lastly, there's a healthy does of sports and news content. First, you've got the National Hockey League, where the Apple TV enables users to watch live games, view highlights, scores, etc. And on the news front, the software update delivers exclusive content form the Wall Street Journal, where up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis come streaming directly to you from the iOS-based Apple TV set-top box.

MMi will keep you posted on these and other discovered improvements in the Apple TV software update as they are unearthed.

Source: Apple

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just jailbroke my ATV! oh well! This looks sweet! Can't wait to update it. NHL GAMECENTER WHOOHOOO!

Thanks

What's different with the AirPlay? I've been able to watch iPad movies on my apple tv all along. Did it add the ability to send iPad games to the apple tv?

And shouldn't it be iOS 5 instead if 4.4?
    Last edited by emerica6708; 10-12-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks

NHL gamecenter! Today is a great day indeed! I just cancelled my cable and thought I would only be watching highlights. Not anymore! Great job apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can't get it to update. It downloads, goes through the install process, but then says, "The update was not successful." I've tried five times now. Must be the servers getting hammered.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    What's different with the AirPlay? I've been able to watch iPad movies on my apple tv all along. Did it add the ability to send iPad games to the apple tv?

And shouldn't it be iOS 5 instead if 4.4?
    Yes, games as well" apparently!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This might be a bit of a stupid question, but I am going to ask it anyways.I have a jailbroken apple TV2 on 4.2.2 if I update it will I loose my jailbreak? Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TBbmx View Post
    This might be a bit of a stupid question, but I am going to ask it anyways.I have a jailbroken apple TV2 on 4.2.2 if I update it will I loose my jailbreak? Thanks!
    Yes
    Any update of any iDevice = loss jailbreak and unlock

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by august2197 View Post
    Can't get it to update. It downloads, goes through the install process, but then says, "The update was not successful." I've tried five times now. Must be the servers getting hammered.
    Try unplugging it from power then plug it back in. Worked for me. Failed twice before that.

Thanks

Mine happened to be unpluged from the wall who knew

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I believe that when you plug your ATV2 into the computer, it's not supposed to be plugged in to the wall socket. It gets power from the USB Port

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

I want it but don't want to loose jailbreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I want it but don't want to loose jailbreak
    The NHL app is nice but, it's $159 to be able to watch the games. I'm getting it though!

Green Apple
    Thanks

When is Apple going to realise that not everyone lives in the US and we don't want crap like the MBL, NHL and Stocks cluttering up our ATVs? Not that I'm intersted but you do't see them adding in the Premier League Football (Soccer to you Apple). The only reason I have an Apple TV is because I can jailbreak it and add XBMC, otherwise they are useless outside of the US.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee View Post
    When is Apple going to realise that not everyone lives in the US and we don't want crap like the MBL, NHL and Stocks cluttering up our ATVs? Not that I'm intersted but you do't see them adding in the Premier League Football (Soccer to you Apple). The only reason I have an Apple TV is because I can jailbreak it and add XBMC, otherwise they are useless outside of the US.
    I live in the US and that stuff is garbage
    I went into parental blocks and hid all of it