Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS X 10.7.2 Released

Default Mac OS X 10.7.2 Released

Alongside iOS 5 being publicly released today, Apple has also taken Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 out of beta and pushed out an update for all Mac OS X users. This new update was released to fix bug issues, enhance performance, and add support for Apple's iCloud. Simply refresh your Software Update window and the update should appear there along with the Lion Recovery Update. Here's Apple's list of what is new in regards to iCloud features with this new version of Lion:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple;
    iCloud on OS X Lion includes the following features:
    • iCloud stores your email, calendars, contacts, Safari bookmarks, and Safari Reading List and automatically pushes them to all your devices.
    • Back to My Mac provides remote access to your Mac from another Mac anywhere on the Internet.
    • Find My Mac helps find a missing Mac by locating it on a map and allows you to remotely lock the Mac or wipe all its data.
    Getting started with iCloud is easy. After installing the update, OS X will automatically present an iCloud setup panel. Simply enter an existing Apple ID or create a new one and then follow the on screen instructions. To learn more about iCloud visit Apple - iCloud - Your content. On all your devices..
    The 10.7.2 update also includes the new version of Safari; here's what's new in Safari 5.1.1:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple;
    The 10.7.2 update also includes Safari 5.1.1 as well as fixes that:
    • Allow reordering of desktop spaces and full screen apps in Mission Control.
    • Enable dragging files between desktop spaces and full screen apps.
    • Address an issue that causes the menu bar to not appear in full screen apps.
    • Improve the compatibility of Google contact syncing in Address Book.
    • Address an issue that causes Keynote to become temporarily unresponsive.
    • Improve VoiceOver compatibility with Launchpad.
    • Address an issue that causes a delay in accessing the network after waking from sleep.
    • Enable booting in to Lion Recovery from a locally attached Time Machine backup drive.
    • Resolve an issue that causes screen zoom to stop working.
    • Improve Active Directory integration.

More detailed information on Safari 5.1.1, the 10.7.2 update, as well as the security content of the update, can be found on the Apple Support website.

Source(s): Apple
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 10-12-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Finally

iOS 5 is live for download too

wow I should have waiting till tonight....8 hour download

ios5 from apple will take forever, get from third party site (modmyi and theres a couple others i saw)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelouis View Post
    ios5 from apple will take forever, get from third party site (modmyi and theres a couple others i saw)
    ibelouis, chill! Mine just went from 8 hours to 36 minutes. They are without a doubt experiencing a ton of traffic right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ibelouis View Post
    It was 2 hours for me but now it's 4mn

How do I download the Lion update if I've got the beta installed? The only update I have available is the Recovery one - nothing else I didn't upgrade to the GM as I was waiting for the final release.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I downloaded the update twice from Apple and it failed install twice. File wouldn't expand and said it might be corrupted. Not cool. I guess I'll try again later.

I think this is linked to all the iOS update errors too. It fails when it tries to contact Apple and verify the install package. Crap. Maybe next year they'll release OSX and iOS updates on different days... or at least 6 - 8 hours apart.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-12-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emarty69 View Post
    How do I download the Lion update if I've got the beta installed? The only update I have available is the Recovery one - nothing else I didn't upgrade to the GM as I was waiting for the final release.
    So I've got 10.7.2 GM Combo Update installed along with the Lion Recovery HD Update, the public release of iTunes 10.5, and iPhoto 10.2 Beta 3 but nothing is coming up in Software Update. I've checked multiple times today and then just decided to download the public release of 10.7.2 via a direct link I found. However, when I try to install it I get this error: "Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update." Any ideas? I just want to install the public releases of everything that has been released today but so far no luck.

On another note, this site, and especially this thread are both being extremely slow and buggy today. I wasn't even able to post a comment like I normally would be able to so I had to reply to this guys comment even though I didn't really intend to. AAAHHHHH nothing's working today!!!!! Tons of other Apple related sites are barely functioning as well today also. Guess iOS 5/iCloud is a pretty big deal or something.

Those of you having issues installing 10.7.2 Combo.

Download and Install this package "Reversioner 11C73 Client" that was seeded with OS X 10.7.2 GM.

Code:
    http://www.multiupload.com/MEEOJPTSSA
    After Installing this, Install the Combo or Client update from Apple Support Site. It will install without any error.

NOTE: I uploaded this file myself. Install without any hesitation.
    Last edited by PaKi619; 10-12-2011 at 05:36 PM.