Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iTunes 10.5.1 Beta

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Releases iTunes 10.5.1 Beta

Shortly after Apple released iTunes 10.5 to the public earlier today on the heels of iOS 5 and iCloud arriving tomorrow, Apple kept the releases coming by subsequently seeding a beta version of iTunes 10.5.1.

"iTunes 10.5.1 beta 1 includes several performance enhancements and bug fixes," Apple said today, "and is a required update for all subscribers to iTunes Match beta. iTunes Match is not included in the iTunes 10.5 GM release." Analogous to the standard operating procedure on former builds testing iTunes Match, Apple says iCloud libraries will be deleted following the conclusion of the beta testing period.

Apple is obviously eager to have its developers continue to poke, prod, and practice ahead of the looming introduction of the iTunes Match service. The beta is available for both Mac and Windows. Unfortunately for interested folks outside of the US, iTunes Match - at least for the time being - is only available to developers in the United States.

Once the annual payment of $24.99 is remitted, iTunes Match lets users enjoy a robust library of music (up to 25,000 songs) on any device. Users can also re-download songs via iTunes in the Cloud. Perhaps equally exciting is the fact that users can replace files with higher quality versions as they become available.

Source: Apple

I backed up and restored my iPhone 4 with 10.5 and now it shows my phone but won't load anything but the restore screen when I click on my phone. So idk if it's 10.5 or what. It didn't load all my apps back on it either.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes it is safe here is a direct link to 10.5.1 Beta just released, its supposed to be more stable then 10.5 which is why I'm giving yall the link

http://thetecherra.com/2011/10/11/apple-releases-itunes-10-5-1-beta-download-links-and-release-notes-inside/

I download the Mac one from UploadKing works good for me comes with iTunesMatch
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 10-11-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks. I will give it a try. I'm having some horrible issues with 10.5

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Will the deleting of iCloud libraries affect those of us using iOS 5 GM for non iTunes Match related things? I'm guessing no, but I want to be sure.

Will the deleting of iCloud libraries affect those of us using iOS 5 GM for non iTunes Match related things? I'm guessing no, but I want to be sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fbiryujin View Post
    No just turn iTunes Match OFF or leave it alone

Does anyone know at what time will ios5 be available for update

Probably at 10 am there time like usual

Thanks

WARNING WARNING WARNING

iTunes 10.5.1 with NoGoodIsGoodNews is safe mode won't sync properly
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 10-12-2011 at 12:27 AM.

It matched my library but on my other computer it's not downloading all the songs. I was getting a network connection error 111111 and now I'm getting and unknown error occurred 3038.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    It matched my library but on my other computer it's not downloading all the songs. I was getting a network connection error 111111 and now I'm getting and unknown error occurred 3038.
    Explain what u did

I installed the iTunes beta version on my computer with all my music and it put the library in the cloud last night. I installed the same version on another computer today and it brought down the library from the cloud and downloaded some songs but not all of them and if I right click and download that's when I get the error. Yes I am subscribed to iTunes match also.