Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iTunes 10.5 on the Eve of iOS 5, iCloud Launch

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Releases iTunes 10.5 on the Eve of iOS 5, iCloud Launch

As expected, on Tuesday morning Apple released iTunes 10.5, which delivers support for iOS 5 and iCloud.

On the eve of iOS 5's arrival, iTunes 10.5 serves up a host of new goodies worth beholding, such as the new Wi-Fi syncing capabilities. According to Apple, here's the complete the scoop on iTunes 10.5:

- iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
    * Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
    * Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
    - Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
    - Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they're both on the same Wi-Fi network.
    iTunes 10.5 is a 60.9 MB download and is available directly from Apple as always.

Source: Apple

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

So I have iTunes 10.5.9 which is actually iTunes 10.5b132

Will the official release be 10.5 or 10.6?
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 10-11-2011 at 01:02 PM.

*going to apple's page*

Here's the link for the lazy humans-> Apple - iTunes - Everything you need to be entertained.

*jumping on my chair and waiting for iOS 5*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    *jumping on my chair and waiting for iOS 5*
    Um iOS5 official Golden Master Copy is out read some of the recent NEWS on the main page for links

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post

The official release will be 10.5. You sure it's not like 10.5.0.9. Currently I have 10.5.0.113 which is beta 7.

can't wait for iOS 5. I'm on 4.1 still

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
    can't wait for iOS 5. I'm on 4.1 still
    Um iOS5 official Golden Master Copy is out read some of the recent NEWS on the main page for links

U have to restore to it

U have to restore to it
    I hope you aren't advocating obtaining this illegally. Because you have to have a developer account to get the Golden Master and it would be silly to pay for a developer account just to get the final beta less than a day before the official release. Not to mention having to restore again tomorrow.

Is iOS5 live tomorrow?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... I checked this morning and no iTunes update. Maybe later today. I'm in Canada (PST).

Is this new version of iTunes Jailbreak safe?

Thank you.

U have to restore to it
    Those are beta/developer versions, I am referring to the official release of iOS 5 tomorrow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llarsw View Post
    I hope you aren't advocating obtaining this illegally. Because you have to have a developer account to get the Golden Master and it would be silly to pay for a developer account just to get the final beta less than a day before the official release. Not to mention having to restore again tomorrow.
    Gold Masters are the same as final builds. If you were to download and install iOS 5 today, it would be the same as downloading it officially tomorrow. You do not need a dev account to install a GM version.

Quote Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
    Those are beta/developer versions, I am referring to the official release of iOS 5 tomorrow.
    Probably not worth trying to explain to someone who starts a sentence with 'um'. Lol

Where is the iTunes match?

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    Gold Masters are the same as final builds. If you were to download and install iOS 5 today, it would be the same as downloading it officially tomorrow. You do not need a dev account to install a GM version.
    Excellent, so then you can provide us all with the direct link to ios 5 Golden Master on apple.com which diesn't require a login to download?

Thought not..

Default Wow your dumb
    Excellent, so then you can provide us all with the direct link to ios 5 Golden Master on apple.com which diesn't require a login to download?

Thought not..
    ... it does not matter if you dont get it from apple.com... even the creator of this website told us how to get the gm without an account... stupid...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Thought not..
    Using your logic, I hope you've never jailbroken a device, and...GASP...downloaded an ipsw file! You'd be a pirate! Oh noooooooooz! If Apple wanted it locked down, they'd have required a dev account like they have on all versions of iOS 5 beta. C'mon, bro. Calm down.

Don't want it? Fine. Dont get it.

I've been running iOS 5 on my iPad 2 since Sunday. No issues. I have noticed a NASTY battery drain on the iPhone 4, though. Oh well. iPhone 4s'll be here Friday!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ChSchuldiner's Avatar
    Thanks

WOO I'm so excited for iOS 5!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Using your logic, I hope you've never jailbroken a device, and...GASP...downloaded an ipsw file! You'd be a pirate! Oh noooooooooz! If Apple wanted it locked down, they'd have required a dev account like they have on all versions of iOS 5 beta. C'mon, bro. Calm down.

Don't want it? Fine. Dont get it.

I've been running iOS 5 on my iPad 2 since Sunday. No issues. I have noticed a NASTY battery drain on the iPhone 4, though. Oh well. iPhone 4s'll be here Friday!
    I haven't seen any unusual battery drain. Care to elaborate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast