Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Announces Private Steve Jobs Memorial for October 19th

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Tim Cook Announces Private Steve Jobs Memorial for October 19th

On Monday, reports surfaced that Apple will formally hold a private memorial service for Steve Jobs at the company's Cupertino, California-based campus.

As of this writing, the event will take place on October 19th. Unfortunately for fans and admirers hoping for an event that will be opened to the public, it does not appear that this particular event will be inclusive of anyone outside of the company's employee roster.

"Like many of you, I have experienced the saddest days of my lifetime and shed many tears during the past week," Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote in an email sent out among Apple employees earlier today. "But I've found some comfort in the extraordinary number of tributes and condolences from people all over the world who were touched by Steve and his genius. And I've found comfort in both telling and listening to stories about Steve."

"Although many of our hearts are still heavy, we are planning a celebration of his life for Apple employees to take time to remember the incredible things Steve achieved in his life and the many ways he made our world a better place. The celebration will be held on Wednesday, October 19, at 10am in the outdoor amphitheater on the Infinite Loop campus. We'll have more details on AppleWeb closer to the date, including arrangements for employees outside of Cupertino. I look forward to seeing you there."

Shortly after Steve Jobs passed away last Wednesday, Tim Cook promised that a company memorial will be held in remembrance of their former boss and colleague.

Source: Huffington Post

Thanks

Still makes me sad...

We Lost one of the classiest guys.

Lost our own time inventor

Show Steve some love... ripSTEVEshirts.com

You'll be missed dude!

iPhone? More like MyPhone onelow99's Avatar
    Thanks

I was truly saddened to hear that we lost such an icon. Steve was a great man and he deserves to be memorialized eternally. On a lighter note....I went to modmyi.com and the first thing I saw was this pic, and was like "Why the hell is Ashton Kutcher on MMI?"

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Breaks my heart to no end.... I hate this part of life. He was to young.

Now noone will invent time travel