+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tech, Business, Political Leaders Pay Tribute to The Late Steve Jobs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Tech, Business, Political Leaders Pay Tribute to The Late Steve Jobs

Within hours of word coming that former Apple CEO Steve Jobs had passed away, the tech, business, political giants of our time have come forward to offer words of remembrance and praise for the man who changed technology and the way we live our lives forever.

Among the first to comment Wednesday evening was Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg:

"Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend. Thanks for showing that what you build can change the world. I will miss you."
    Google Chairman Eric Schmidt also praised Jobs as a visionary leader in business.

"Steve Jobs is the most successful CEO in the U.S. of the last 25 years. He uniquely combined an artists touch and an engineers vision to build an extraordinary company... one of the greatest American leaders in history."
    Spanning the political spectrum, President Barack Obama said the following:
    Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it. By building one of the planet's most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world. The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve's wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him.
    Former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who reportedly became friends with Steve Jobs during his tenure in Sacramento, shared the sentiments of others:

"Steve lived the California Dream every day of his life and he changed the world and inspired all of us."
    Naturally, longtime friend and tech rival Bill Gates would not let the day pass without remembering his former colleague:

"Iím truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobsí death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work. Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives. The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, itís been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely."
    These are likely just the first of many tributes that will continue to pour in over the next few days and weeks.

Source: WSJ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Long live Steve. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    These are likely just the first of many tributes that will continue to pour in over the next few days and weeks.
    There will be many, many more from many giants of all industries all over the world. He was an iconic person and inspiration to many.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We will miss you Steve.

Thanks
    Rest In Peace Steve Jobs. Your work here is finished. And what a wonderful job you did. You will be missed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Our fate is fixed. It's our destiny that needs to be seized... Steve Jobs is the greatest pioneer of my time!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Of all things I hope he had in his life, I hope he had true love. I believe he did, through his close family, friends and all of us who marvel at his brilliance! Apple will go on. Technology will continue to deveop by leaps and bounds. But there will never be another "one more thing" address to us....and that truly makes me so very sad. I loved watching his passion for his inventions. Rest in peace our friend.

Thanks

wWHY? WHY? WHY? WHY!?!?!?!!!!?????

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Rip
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rehtaehy73 View Post
    Of all things I hope he had in his life, I hope he had true love. I believe he did, through his close family, friends and all of us who marvel at his brilliance! Apple will go on. Technology will continue to deveop by leaps and bounds. But there will never be another "one more thing" address to us....and that truly makes me so very sad. I loved watching his passion for his inventions. Rest in peace our friend.
    Couldn't have said it better my self. Very touching. RIP Steve you have truly been an inspiration.

Thanks

go to the apple website and drag Steve Jobs's picture to your desktop. Its called t_hero.pngExactly

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

We love you Steve Jobs. Your in a better place now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

“@HowardStern: Steve Jobs was a true original. So Sad. A tremendous loss.”

Thanks

Being in an industry working closely with Apple products since 1988, I've seen the innovation and growth for over 20 years - I've made a career out of what this man created. I didn't know him personally, but it always sure felt like I did - and I wish I would have. People always talk about changing the world, and it's always used as such a cliche. Steve Jobs vision and passion for innovation changed the world and the way it works. Truly, an amazing man.

Thanks

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You will always be my idol, my inspiration, my drive to achieve the impossible. You have accomplished with Apple what others can only dream of achieving. I honestly speak for many when I say that you have changed our lives. I carry a piece of your legacy in my hands every day. Your vision to simplify this world was nothing but clear. I thank you for all that you have done. You are the definition of a pioneer. A legend. A motivator. And I will continue to look up to you as you live above the iClouds. I can't thank you enough. Rest In Peace Steve Jobs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

So, so sad. I read the news on my iPhone. A legacy is lost. We all knew it was coming but I didn't expect such profound sorrow and loss. He just tied too young.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Steve Jobs, you are what dreams are made of. You took a vision from your garage and made it a multi-billion dollar company. My condolences goes out to your loved ones. You will be missed.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    His Biography was a best seller from the pre-orders alone while he was still alive! I can only imagine how crazy the sales figures for that book will be now after this sad day.

Thanks

Pure legend. Thank you sooo much for the iphone steve!

Thanks

RIP Steve. Now go make heaven some bad *** devises for when we get there