+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Has Died

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I wonder if he'll come back in 3 days for 'Just one more thing'.... Steve Jobs changed a lot of people's lives for the better. I was PC through and
    Thanks

I wonder if he'll come back in 3 days for 'Just one more thing'....

Steve Jobs changed a lot of people's lives for the better.

I was PC through and through - I'd never buy Apple.

Of course I bought an iPod - who didn't?

But the iPhone? Why? My Windows Mobile phone did everything the iPhone did - on paper.

When I saw an iPhone I was blown away - it was completely different from anything that had gone before - would we have Android if the iPhone hadn't come first? I doubt it.

The iPad was announced and was widely derided - tablets had been tried before, it was just a large iPhone etc.

I eventually bought one and people think I am surgically attached to it - I love it. So do millions of others.

Steve made 'computers' consumer devices, he could see what people wanted before they knew it, his attention to detail was legendary - it had to be perfect.

Most people don't want to have to think about their device - they want it to 'just work' Steve Jobs made computers 'white goods'.

I jailbreak because I want to improve things - but I am improving the best.

People who don't like Apple's control freakery can use Android, Android is very good but without Steve Would Android even have been thought of?

Steve thought the impossible - and made it happen, he could see what could happen - and made it so.

I don't believe I will see anyone as great as him in my lifetime - for him to die so young (not much older than me) is a great loss for everyone. I can't remember anyone who has sparked so much sorrow among so many people (I don't remember JFK).

It is the end of an era - I hope Apple can continue - they have some great guys, but they no longer have Steve.

A sad day for us all.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (10-06-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

R.I.P. Steve. A legend who transformed the world of computing; this from a once Microsoft die hard who eventually saw the light. Peace-Out
    Last edited by telecide; 10-06-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Quit that preaching crap. If you want to believe in whatever it is you believe it, thats fine, leave it at that. Are you serious about "73 Billion dollars ruining his chance into heaven"? WTF is wrong with you.

Steve Jobs was a good man, and your post is way off course on how things should work. Get off your religious high horse and we will all find out someday what really happens when you die. SHEESH.
    He wasn't preaching or on a high horse. He was wishing Steve the best and praying for him with his religion.
    Get off your high horse and let someone express their beliefs and let them use those beliefs to pray for someone even though the subject isn't of the same beliefs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Steve Jobs Has Died-steve.jpg
    Made this a few months back. Thought I'd bring it back out in light of the recent tragedy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to c0dy For This Useful Post:

raduga (10-06-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The Visionary Legend.

Thanks

I heard there is a movement to kinda conmemorate Steve Jobs by declaring october 14 the Steve Jobs Day by wearing a black turtle neck and jeans.

I'm in.

Rest in peace Steve !!!

Thanks

गते गते पारगते पारसंगते बोधि स्वाहा
    Last edited by raduga; 10-06-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: अवलोकितेश्वर

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Steve Jobs was ahead of his time. His intelligence brought joy to millions of proud Apple users. As the most revolutionary man in the technology industry it goes without saying that he will be dearly missed. I personally would like to extend my prayers and deepest care for those close to him including his family, friends, and co-workers. Steve had single-handedly changed not just the mobile phone industry but also completely innovated what we today refer to as the best machines available, that of course being the Macintosh product line. There is not a single doubt in my mind that this man will go unforgotten. Steve is a legend, an innovator, a revolutionist, a genius, are far more than what meets the eye. One could write about his accomplishments endlessly, as he truly was the definition of a prodigy. Steve Jobs is to technology as a "God" is to religion. In my book, as I'm sure in many others as well, he was truly a godsend. Without his hard work and dedication to what he loved, we today would not be blessed with such amazing products that he helped create. I personally have never felt any type of significant depression when any other "celebrity" had passed. However, in this case I find it impossible to not have a feeling of great loss right now at a time like this. As the father of Apple, and what many would consider the entire computing industry, Steve has left a footprint in the hearts of tons of people whether they directly realize it or not. I cannot find the words to even honor him in the way I feel should be done. We have truly lost the backbone of Apple as an organization with the loss of Steve. However, I know Apple will still thrive through the fantastic influence he had spread amongst his colleagues and associates. My prayers are with his family, friends, and closest colleagues. An incredible man has been put to rest, I hope he is in a wonderful place where he can see how affected those are whom really appreciated what he gave to this world. God bless the Job's family and everyone at Apple.

Steve Jobs was ahead of his time. His intelligence brought joy to millions of proud Apple users. As the most revolutionary man in the technology industry it goes without saying that he will be dearly missed. I personally would like to extend my prayers and deepest care for those close to him including his family, friends, and co-workers. Steve had single-handedly changed not just the mobile phone industry but also completely innovated what we today refer to as the best machines available, that of course being the Macintosh product line. There is not a single doubt in my mind that this man will go unforgotten. Steve is a legend, an innovator, a revolutionist, a genius, are far more than what meets the eye. One could write about his accomplishments endlessly, as he truly was the definition of a prodigy. Steve Jobs is to technology as a "God" is to religion. In my book, as I'm sure in many others as well, he was truly a godsend. Without his hard work and dedication to what he loved, we today would not be blessed with such amazing products that he helped create. I personally have never felt any type of significant depression when any other "celebrity" had passed. However, in this case I find it impossible to not have a feeling of great loss right now at a time like this. As the father of Apple, and what many would consider the entire computing industry, Steve has left a footprint in the hearts of tons of people whether they directly realize it or not. I cannot find the words to even honor him in the way I feel should be done. We have truly lost the backbone of Apple as an organization with the loss of Steve. However, I know Apple will still thrive through the fantastic influence he had spread amongst his colleagues and associates. My prayers are with his family, friends, and closest colleagues. An incredible man has been put to rest, I hope he is in a wonderful place where he can see how affected those are whom really appreciated what he gave to this world. God bless the Job's family and everyone at Apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you!
    R.I.P.

+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112