+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5 To Be Released October 12th

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Promptly at 10:00 a.m. PST today, Apple CEO Tim Cook took the stage at the "Town Hall" auditorium to begin the long-awaited presentation and introduction of the new iPhone. "This
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default iOS 5 To Be Released October 12th

Promptly at 10:00 a.m. PST today, Apple CEO Tim Cook took the stage at the "Town Hall" auditorium to begin the long-awaited presentation and introduction of the new iPhone. "This is my first product launch since being named CEO. I'm sure you didn't know that," Cook joked, obviously less engaging and charming than Steve Jobs, but still enjoyable to watch on the big stage.

But before we got to the new hardware, there was ample time - per tradition - for some self-congratulatory remarks about the company's growth in recent months. Praise and exaltation aside, attention soon shifted to Apple's new mobile operating system - iOS 5. Until today, we simply knew that it was coming this fall. Now we have a definite release date: October 12th.

Taking the stage to dish on some of the attributes of iOS 5 was Eddy Cue, Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. Despite feeling like somewhat of a rehash from early summer's WWDC, iOS 5 was heralded in all its glory, with Cue confirming that iCloud is free for iOS 5 and Lion users. 5GB of online data will be free, with users having the option to purchase additional data storage.

Cue also confirmed that iTunes Match will be available before the end of October, once again largely reiterating that which we already knew.

Source: Apple

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    But before we got to the new hardware, there was ample time - per tradition - for some self-congratulatory remarks about the company's growth in recent months.
    Thanks, Mike.
    I'm sure none of us really wanted to know about new hardware.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 484 Posts

hahahaha yo @raduga I'm sure they mean before APPLE gets into the new hardware announcements. Not Michael describing it to them. You really think that wouldn't be blasted on the front page already??

Banned
    Thanks

New iOS releases just aren't as exciting as they used to be. Gonna be hard to top the release of iOS 3 and iOS 4 as I think those iOS's were the biggest breakthroughs in iOS history. Now a day's iOS releases are nothing but a buncha copycat features of Jailbreak apps
    Last edited by iKillYou; 10-04-2011 at 12:29 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

At this point who cares about the software when the hardware sucks. Year & half and the million dollar company crapple comes out with the same phone but faster. Bye bye apple.

Thanks

Great, more waiting on iOS5 -__-
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So no iPhone 5. Whatever, more money I can save. What I want to know is how many of these features aren't available for the current iPhone 4? You can't tell me Apple is making all of this available at no charge. I'm guessing "Siri" isn't going to work with the inferior iPhone 4's hardward right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i really hope biteSMS will somehow be compatable with iMessage. that would be great.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    iOS 5 untethered jailbreak on my Verizon iPhone 4
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    i really hope biteSMS will somehow be compatable with iMessage. that would be great.
    Agree...I don't know what I'd do without biteSMS!