Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-20-2011, 02:17 PM #1
Apple Issues Critical Update to Final Cut Pro X and Debuts a Free Trial Opportunity
In recent months, critics of Apple's Final Cut Pro have blasted the video production software for a number of perceived issues that sparked an unprecedented amount of user backlash against the otherwise unquestionable popular software.
In response to the widespread displeasure expressed by users, Apple has released what's being called a major update to its Final Cut Pro X software. Packed in the update are features/tools many had hoped for. They include: Xsan support for projects/events/media, XML import and export, native GPU acceleration, full-screen view in Lion, and Media Stems support for better track management.
Apple's 4.0.1 update for Compressor:
- Updates the bitrates in Cellular settings for HTTP Live Streaming.
- Fixes an issue with accessing QuickTime Export Component settings in Final Cut Pro X.
- Fixes an issue in which This Computer cluster does not appear when system is configured in Chinese.
- Resolves stability issues when launching Soundtrack Pro after Compressor 4 is installed.
Additionally, Motion received an update to version 5.0.1, which:
- Adds support for dual displays.
- Fixes an issue with the import and playback of multichannel audio.
- Resolves a stability issue when navigating to keyframes at a negative time.
- Fixes an issue with incorrect text positioning when the Inspector is open.
- Provides for correct kerning between characters when applying adjustments.
- Resolves stability issues when entering an empty string in a title while in Draft Mode.
An updated version of Apple's ProApps QuickTime Codecs were issued to support the new releases.
Updates aside, Apple is also rolling out a new free-trial period for Final Cut Pro X (a 30-day trial). Apple is obviously hoping to hook users on the software, a development that will make it easier to cough up the current discounted $299.99 purchase price.
09-20-2011, 02:42 PM #2
Downloading the trial now...hoping I don't get the spinning beach ball of death every 5 minutes now