+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Play Valve’s Portal for Free Until September 20

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by McMichael96 I am personally happy they posted this because I am going to order an iMac (and get it) this week and wanted a few games... I
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by McMichael96 View Post
    I am personally happy they posted this because I am going to order an iMac (and get it) this week and wanted a few games...

    I am getting a 27 inch iMac with the i7 and 2gb of GPU ram and 2TB harddrive (sorry no SSD) and 4GB of ram (I am going to upgrade myself to 8gb as I think 16 gb would be an over kill) not tryin to brag or nothing
    That's the exact same one I'm getting...though I will be updating to 16gb as soon as I can afford it. Really helps with video editing. What you should do though is buy yourself a small, inexpensive SSD that's only 64 gigs or so and load Lion and all your apps onto it and keep all your video, songs, data ect. on your other drive. That way it will start up and run much faster and still is affordable. I'm looking into it!

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak? DeathDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Anaheim, California, United States
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Free popular game that runs on Mac. Relevant to my interest.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    iphone 7 replease this month..... http://iphone-mania..com/iphone7release.html

  4. #24
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDude View Post
    Free popular game that runs on Mac. Relevant to my interest.
    Not everyone has a Mac.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 36 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Not everyone has a Mac.
    Well it meets your PC needs too then
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    Awesome game... Recommend to anyone

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic hitman10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I live in a house
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mosesh View Post
    Coming from a "small minded person" when I check an Apple, iPad, iPhone forum/news site I generally expect to see news related to these things. I did enjoy the post and video however it had nothing to do with Apple, and belongs on a different site.
    nice bud. Anything else you'd like to quote me on? Clearly it went over your head. But anyways have fun you troll.

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    There's a reason why it's generally called Modmyi and not Modmyvideogame. -__-
    Heyy... dont take things so literally. Yea it says modmy w/e.. but its a news site, not just for jailbreaking.

    But then again.. they're lots of Trolls on here. Thank god for free speech eh.. or i mean dumb speech.

    Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

  8. #28
    formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Spooner Street
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Well... I enjoyed the article. Can't please everyone in the world. Didn't know this would be such a big problem.

  9. #29
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    Well it meets your PC needs too then
    I suppose you're right in a way.

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    nice bud. Anything else you'd like to quote me on? Clearly it went over your head. But anyways have fun you troll.



    Heyy... dont take things so literally. Yea it says modmy w/e.. but its a news site, not just for jailbreaking.

    But then again.. they're lots of Trolls on here. Thank god for free speech eh.. or i mean dumb speech.
    Piss off, the only troll here is you, you need to educate yourself and evaluate your life thoroughly because apparently you don't the difference between an apple and a gaming forum and if you say otherwise then clearly you're an idiot.
    Last edited by jose060789; 09-19-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  10. #30
    iPhoneaholic hitman10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I live in a house
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I suppose you're right in a way.



    Piss off, the only troll here is you, you need to educate yourself and evaluate your life thoroughly because apparently you don't the difference between an apple and a gaming forum and if you say otherwise then clearly you're an idiot.
    Again.. the guy who takes everything he read to literal.. I hope your not someone who takes the bible literally are you?

    Because in that case.. we should kill are children for not listening to us, kill gays for not liking the opposite sex and not have sex until we are married, so on so forth.. my point smart one..? You wouldnt kill a kid because they dont listen or a *** for being ***... SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT FREE MAC/PC GAMES IS NOT MAC NEWS?? please. Save your sarcastic comments to yourself. I'm not the one whos talking smack on here about the site you are.. you can just as easily go somewhere else.
    Again... I'm the troll eh.. Ha.

    Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

  11. #31
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Again.. the guy who takes everything he read to literal.. I hope your not someone who takes the bible literally are you?

    Because in that case.. we should kill are children for not listening to us, kill gays for not liking the opposite sex and not have sex until we are married, so on so forth.. my point smart one..? You wouldnt kill a kid because they dont listen or a *** for being ***... SO WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT FREE MAC/PC GAMES IS NOT MAC NEWS?? please. Save your sarcastic comments to yourself. I'm not the one whos talking smack on here about the site you are.. you can just as easily go somewhere else.
    Again... I'm the troll eh.. Ha.
    You must be some 12 year old kid or some middled aged person trying to argue all out and trying to look cool. You'll never learn anything like that and I'm done arguing with a moron who can't comprehend the simple stuff in life, your parents must be really proud of you. So have a nice day
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  12. #32
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    this was a failure.
    I'm making a note here: huge letdown

    it's hard to understate my disappointment
    valve could have ported
    this awesome game to iOS
    for the entertainment of us poor ARM-using trolls

    but there's no use crying over every failed port
    you just keep on hoping, though its coming up short
    and the profits are gleaned, if they're letting off Steam
    for the people with Intel Inside(tm)
    _
    i'm not even angry.
    i'm not even trolling now

    even though Valve still ignores my iPhone
    and LOLs at the hardware, and powerful GPU within
    as it idles futilely
    I'm so happy it sleeps.

    now the pace of development in this platform
    ever stuck in Beta, will it never transform?
    so I'm glad that valve shrugged, iOS wasn't plugged,
    for the people still posting online
    Last edited by raduga; 09-19-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: grrrrr

  13. #33
    Green Apple luketinsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    You must be some 12 year old kid or some middled aged person trying to argue all out and trying to look cool. You'll never learn anything like that and I'm done arguing with a moron who can't comprehend the simple stuff in life, your parents must be really proud of you. So have a nice day
    Was any of this necessary? Let it go, it won't hurt you.

    Also if they only published information as you see it, there would be maybe one post a week. There's nothing wrong with random articles, you can choose not to read them. And if you do, there's nothing wrong with expanding your knowledge. I'm sure unless you follow Valves every move, you wouldn't know about this. This is a good opportunity to try Portal out.

    --just sayin

  14. #34
    iPhoneaholic hitman10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I live in a house
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    You must be some 12 year old kid or some middled aged person trying to argue all out and trying to look cool. You'll never learn anything like that and I'm done arguing with a moron who can't comprehend the simple stuff in life, your parents must be really proud of you. So have a nice day
    Yup, 12 year old; your right.

    I'm sick of people like you, bich out these people who put a crap load of effort into something.
    And the "pea-nut gallery" being you, feels the need to put their 2-cents in.

    Your one of those people who show up after an accident scene and tell the witnesses what happened.
    Last edited by hitman10; 09-20-2011 at 09:46 AM.

    Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

  15. #35
    Green Apple droop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wow at the people itching () at this article. It's a FREE game, and a great one, mind you. I for once, am thankful.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts