+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakers Befuddled By MuscleNerd's Mysterious Visit to Apple

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Jailbreakers Befuddled By MuscleNerd's Mysterious Visit to Apple

There's a great deal of speculation surrounding why the iPhone Dev Team's MuscleNerd recently paid a visit to Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.

With recent news of major tech companies offering jobs and internships to well-known hackers (you may recall Comex landing an internship at Apple recently), some are wondering if MuscleNerd has been offered a job with the iPhone-maker. As Business Insider reported, without Comex and MuscleNerd, "the elite community of iPhone hackers known as the iPhone Dev Team will be significantly crippled."

For now, all MuscleNerd would admit to on Twitter is that he visited the prominent campus. “Well this afternoon sure was fun… (what a great company!)…,” he tweeted, including a picture of himself wearing a t-shirt that reads: “I visited the Apple campus. But that’s all I’m allowed to say.”

He subsequently tweeted: "my host at Apple surprised me with that visitor's name tag...I had expected it to be my real name ."

MuscleNerd's cryptic messages about his visit to Apple obviously resonated with the 230,000 people who follow him on Twitter. And this weekend, many are wanting to get to the bottom of this mysterious and unexpected field trip to Apple.

Source: MuscleNerd

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully apple doesn't offer him a job there -_-

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Hopefully apple doesn't offer him a job there -_-
    If Apple offers him a job, we can say goodbye to jailbreaking our iDevices !

Thanks

So the cat and mouse between apple and the jailbreaking devs is coming to an end!!! Apple couldn't patch the explots the jailbreakers kept finding so gone a different route and started employing them. R.I.P to a jailbroken iPhone was good while it lasted

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 729 Posts

Well then let me be the first to say congrats to him. If he does get a job. Great. Sure the jailbreaking scene will suck for a while but atleast there being recognized for their skills. I'm sure there will be someone new who's really smart that can pick up where they left off

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

We jailbroke our devices before the dev team and we will after they are gone(if they're gone)
    Dev team is dead, long live the Dev team

Thanks

I hope we don't lose him to the dark side, he's the only jb hacker who consistently does a lot of work
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Is it really a mystery?

If you can't beat 'em......BUY 'em. Throw enough money their way for relocation expenses and a nice salary.....and then when you get what u need out of them....FIRE them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Oh shiz.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I honestly don't understand why you guys think it's horrible hackers are offered jobs. So they are incorporating jailbreak software that is popular. Even if they aren't I am glad hackers are getting real jobs that talent will not always be supported by donations while as apple will be a longterm relationship. If anyone has any idea about hacking this is a dream come true they are trying to get known and get jobs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    Amen

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Maybe I'll get a job over at the Apple forums.... Not

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well Apple finally figured out how they were going to beat the jailbreak community, hire all the hackers

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    Not necessarily, if hired he'd likely be involved with reverse engineering iOS locating vulnerabilities so as Apple can
    Patch prior to release - thus making it more difficult to hack (not impossible)...plenty of Developers capable of picking up where Comex
    and Musclenerd left off. Although the ability to unlock the device maybe lost (you can purchase factory unlocked iPhones
    from Apple now), the ability to jailbreak your device will live on...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

/sigh
    Last edited by iCudnotask4more; 09-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone else will likely step up to the plate if he is offered a job guys. He's not the only person on earth with the knowledge to do this. Things will likely be slower at first, but there is no doubt in my mind that he can/will be replaced.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think having prominent jailbreakers working for Apple does have SLIGHT advantages. Comex and Muscle Nerd obviously know their stuff and Apple respects that enough to bring them in house. Perhaps a jailbreaker advocate inside the company will offer some benefits.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    I honestly don't understand why you guys think it's horrible hackers are offered jobs. So they are incorporating jailbreak software that is popular. Even if they aren't I am glad hackers are getting real jobs that talent will not always be supported by donations while as apple will be a longterm relationship. If anyone has any idea about hacking this is a dream come true they are trying to get known and get jobs.
    This seems to be a common misconception. Unless said "hacker" actually produced a tweak (other than the jailbreak itself), their being hired isn't going to add anything (other than security) to iOS.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

I see this as a good thing. Apple knows consumers love what these guys do. So "if You can't beat them, join Them". The way i see it is that Apple may be looking to incorporate some or many of these developers great ideas into future products. I always thought MuscleNerd only worked on unlocking (Ultrasnow). I don't get why apple would need an unlocker like MN, but i guess they know what they are doing. I hope all these brilliant devs get jobs at large companies and make tons of money. It would suck to lose jailbreaks, but I'm sure someone will keep it going.

superman4tqfp
    No hate here, good luck to him...someone else will just pick up the slack now. I still find non-jailbroken iPhones laughable devices and I'm sure a lot of talented hackers feel the same.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast