+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakers Befuddled By MuscleNerd's Mysterious Visit to Apple

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by jcs0190 am i the only person thats still loyal to musclenerd and trusts him to stay at the jailbreaking community NOPE! if I were him reading these
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs0190 View Post
    am i the only person thats still loyal to musclenerd and trusts him to stay at the jailbreaking community
    NOPE! if I were him reading these comments hating on him I'd probably be more motivated to pursue an apple position if he is considering taking one. MN's been the man for a minute now, whatever he does, much respect.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    If Apple offers him a job, we can say goodbye to jailbreaking our iDevices !
    lol if that was the case we'd all switch to android, after all android is basically a more modifiable OS, which brings all the things that you have to jailbreak to get on an iphone, that come standard on android. Many jailbreak users of iOS are are switching to Android.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Erm, Geohot is still in the community. iPhone Dev Team have done nothing since like 2008, its been Comex, Geohot and others.

Its not everyone, its just the kids on this site.
    You sound like you really have your finger on the pulse with regard to jailbreaking. Who do you think update Redsn0w for every new IOS version. Who do you think update pwnage tool for new version of IOS. Its always the DEV team under musclenerd. The last JB released by Geohot was limera!n and he left the scene after that. Comex has been very successful with jailbreakme 1 and 2. But Musclenerd is the workhorse who keeps JB going.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No reason to disagree about 'who does what', or when, or who is 'more important'.

We're a team guys We watch each others back and try to stay ahead of Apple. Yeaaa?

No one person is God of everything. It's a team effort.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNewbdude View Post
    NOPE! if I were him reading these comments hating on him I'd probably be more motivated to pursue an apple position if he is considering taking one. MN's been the man for a minute now, whatever he does, much respect.
    I agree, as much greats work as he's done for the community (he's my favourite dev team member) he deserves a job where he can use his talents to his full potential
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    He made WinterBoard , that's nothing to you?
    No, its just SummerBoard.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Banned
    Thanks

and say hello to Android devices that dont need jailbreaking.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy1283x View Post
    Seriously Man if you red this article and read this comment dont go to the dark side :/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not to be a grammar nazi, but read is a past, present, and future tense word. so don't use red instead of read
    oh and i do hope muscle nerd will do what he thinks is right for himself, wether it be staying and jailbreaking iDevices, or
    taking a possible future job offering from Apple. in other words, just be happy for him for whichever path he chooses

Thanks
    Apple couldn't patch the exploits, so instead they patched the devs

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    and say hello to Android devices that dont need jailbreaking.
    Android devices still need to be rooted for stuff like tethering, custom interfaces, unlocking etc... The ONLY thing an iPhone will never be able to beat android at is navigation. Google's cloud has waaaaayy too much of a head start.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Stop the Madness
    Hello Nexus Prime. I have had my fill. I love my xoom and Motorla could give a rip that i rooted it. I bought it I own it Apple. Do the needful and stay in your lane.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
    Not necessarily, if hired he'd likely be involved with reverse engineering iOS locating vulnerabilities so as Apple can
    Patch prior to release - thus making it more difficult to hack (not impossible)...plenty of Developers capable of picking up where Comex
    and Musclenerd left off. Although the ability to unlock the device maybe lost (you can purchase factory unlocked iPhones
    from Apple now), the ability to jailbreak your device will live on...
    From the looks of it, there won't be a need for unlocks in the future anyway with all this talk of a world phone and such or if they decided to go with a simless iphone

Thanks

He (MuscleNerd) should not be scolded for potentially taking a job offer from Apple. Instead, we should congratulate him! Apparently, there are plenty of users on MMi that don't have to worry about money; they are upset over the principle? Haha. Seriously though, don't hate guys.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Want a job at Apple? Hack their products.There will be new hackers to replace ones that left, sure they may not be as good at it but world will never run out of hackers.Apple is not rich enough to hire all the hackers out there, plus Apple can never tell if they are there as a spy for the community.Anyways I am done with Apple, so don't affect me as much.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    He (MuscleNerd) should not be scolded for potentially taking a job offer from Apple. Instead, we should congratulate him! Apparently, there are plenty of users on MMi that don't have to worry about money; they are upset over the principle? Haha. Seriously though, don't hate guys.
    Absolutely. He owes us nothing. He has every right to take good job and enhance his future well being. Congrats if he was offered a job.

The people standing on principle are morons. Are they going to support him?

Do what's best for musclenerd.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ericwall's Avatar
    Thanks

*hint* there might be a jailbreakme 4 being released soon *hint*

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

lolz when Apple cant fix the jailbreaks they thought of hiring the hackers. They please them with the tricks (like his name musclenerd on his tag) and other pleasant stuff BUT REMEMBER THIS IS AMERICAN CORPORATE POLITICS. Sign up a person and then bind him in the legal barriers so that he can not set himself free. Are we not seeing the after effects of this corrupt corporate america now?

I myself work in corporate world. In the beginning it looks so awesome the work environment, atmosphere, the desk, the cabin, the office, the stationary, the coffee in the hand in the meetings, white shirts, silly jokes, status update meetings etc etc but at one point after a while it looks all fake and dont interest. I have interns and I give them run for their life

Quote Originally Posted by jcs0190 View Post
    am i the only person thats still loyal to musclenerd and trusts him to stay at the jailbreaking community
    lolz YES!
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 09-21-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

dude, Android devices do NOT need rooting for tethering or custom interfaces. I have tethering on my non-rooted LG Thrill 4G. and there are plenty of tethering apps in the marketplace and apps for custom interfaces.

and navigation is not the only thing that Android does better than iOS. Im one of the very very very few people here who actually uses both Android and iOS on a daily basis. iOS has its strengths and weakness as does Android.....which is why I use both.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345