Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakers Befuddled By MuscleNerd's Mysterious Visit to Apple

am i the only person thats still loyal to musclenerd and trusts him to stay at the jailbreaking community

Quote Originally Posted by superman4tqfp View Post
    No hate here, good luck to him...someone else will just pick up the slack now. I still find non-jailbroken iPhones laughable devices and I'm sure a lot of talented hackers feel the same.
    Agree!!!
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

If you cant beat them... Buy them out.

But hey if i was in his position and they offered me a job. You be your *** I would take it.
    Last edited by reopeadres; 09-17-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Why are people getting worked up over this? Don't.

I think the reason his name was on his name badge that way was a ploy to make him think they where cool with what he does. And they should be, the hacking community has lead to many ideas that Apple has taken credit for in their IOS. It always blows me away how Steve Jobs gets up at these conferences and introduces ideas that are a direct rip off of the hacking community like his team came up with them. And I doubt there is one person on this site that wouldn't take a fat check to cross over to working for Apple. In the real world money talks. Yes we all love what they do. But it has to get boring year after year trying to jailbreak these devices. Sure it's fun at first to feel like your one upping the giant(Apple). But they just release a update and you have to look again for a backdoor. If it's a job they where offering and the pay is awesome, take the money and run. The last five years were your college and now its time to get paid.

I'm
    Not afraid because I'm sure that when/if they hire him he's gonna leave a huge packet of information for people to pick up and continue to torch for the jailbreaking community. So in light of his possible job, go for it! Make money doing what you know to do and don't forget to stop by and say hi!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why are people getting worked up over this? Don't.
    Who's getting worked up?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Oh I'm sure there is another smart pre teen out there who will pick up the mantle...

Jailbreak hacker p0sixninja of Chronic Dev Team has announced that five userland exploits have been discovered for the iPad 2 and is strongly expected to be used in the next generation iPhone.

The news comes from P0sixninja talk at jailbreaking convention MyGreatFest. P0sixninja looked ecstatic when he gave the announcement a few minutes ago, in which it was stated that iPad 2 and the iPhone 5 can be jailbroken using five userland exploits which have been discovered over time.

Yes, you read that right. Not one, not two, but five exploits have been discovered for the iPad 2 and iPhone 5. What is even more fantastic about this news is how all of these exploits are userland ones. And as quoted by P0sixninja himself “it’s the record breaking number of exploits found”.

These userland exploits are, as suggested by the name, related to software. Unlike hardware-based exploits, these can be patched. A hardware revision wouldn’t matter that much in this case.

As per my knowledge, Apple has only revised hardware once and that was with the iPhone 3GS which received a new model back in late 2009 having an updated bootrom that patched pod2g’s 24kpwn exploit. But since it’s a software exploit then the hardware revision won’t mean much for the jailbreak itself.

What does this mean for you? Well it basically means that iPhone 5 (and iOS 5) should get an (untethered) jailbreak sooner than what was previously expected.

The exploits were discovered by the Chronic Dev Team. A key member of the team itself namely: P0d2g, found exploits like 24kpwn, steaks4uce and also discovered an exploit in the Apple A4 chip, used in iPhone 4, original iPad and iPod touch 4G. p0d2g and p0sixninja are members of the Chronic Dev Team, who were the key developers/hackers behind the famous jailbreak tool Greenpois0n, which back then was the only method available to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 completely untethered.

Since the jailbreak will be userland, it will work on all iOS devices on all exploit-ready iOS versions, and as mentioned earlier, get an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 at launch. P0sixninja also quoted that the it will be the most amazing jailbreak yet! So we have high hopes for this one, we’re sure the Chronic Dev Team is bound to please the jailbreaking community with said jailbreak. So yes, the iPhone 5 will highly likely be jailbreakable soon after launch, though the Chronic Dev Team said that they would need the new iPhone 5 itself to see whether the exploits work or not, but, fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Oh I'm sure there is another smart pre teen out there who will pick up the mantle...
    It will takE a while but trust me someone will pick up where they left off just hope they don't start charging crazy money for it

Money talks

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post
    I think having prominent jailbreakers working for Apple does have SLIGHT advantages. Comex and Muscle Nerd obviously know their stuff and Apple respects that enough to bring them in house. Perhaps a jailbreaker advocate inside the company will offer some benefits.
    you make a very good point. perhaps they could encourage apple to maybe allows certain types of jailbreak abilities into the OS or even into the app store itself. only time will tell i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Serge96 View Post
    If Apple offers him a job, we can say goodbye to jailbreaking our iDevices !
    don't cue the Star Wars "imperial march" music just yet. Muscle Nerd's job status at Apple has not been confirmed as of now. If he does land a job there then he may be able to sway apple in a better direction when constructing future iOS updates. just look at what peter hajas did with iOS 5
    Last edited by <(O)> Device; 09-17-2011 at 11:46 AM.

AFAIK he has not been offered a job - why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that he has?

Thanks
    Man instead of everybody freaking out, we should try helping these guys out man! I for one, want to learn how to exploit and such so these guys can reap some of the benefits they've earned. It'd be nice for someone like MuscleNerd to go ahead and leave the scene so he could go work for apple and earn what he deserves! These guys have worked hard people but don't expect them to stay in the jailbreak scene. They need money and their human just like everybody else. An opportunity to work at a place like Apple would be great for them! MuscleNerd, if you leave we'll miss you but man you got a lot more going for you if you go with them!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Someone else will likely step up to the plate if he is offered a job guys. He's not the only person on earth with the knowledge to do this. Things will likely be slower at first, but there is no doubt in my mind that he can/will be replaced.
    I couldn't agree more, that's just the way our world works. Everybody can be replaced.

Seriously Man if you red this article and read this comment dont go to the dark side :/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, good luck and thank you to Muscle Nerd & Comex for all their hard work as it appears their hard work has paid off after all these years. They might actually get paid a nice salary for the talent they have. I have to say, if it wasn't for Jailbreaking the iPhone I would not own one. So, if their is no future jailbreak for iPhones then there must have been a reason I bout an Android recently and of course rooted it with a custom ROM. RIP iPhone... if you can not be jailbroken in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
    Not necessarily, if hired he'd likely be involved with reverse engineering iOS locating vulnerabilities so as Apple can
    Patch prior to release - thus making it more difficult to hack (not impossible)...plenty of Developers capable of picking up where Comex
    and Musclenerd left off. Although the ability to unlock the device maybe lost (you can purchase factory unlocked iPhones
    from Apple now), the ability to jailbreak your device will live on...
    Well, he might be involved with blocking how jailbreak programs work. Specially redsn0w. since he's part of the iPhone Dev Team.

Maybe all of this is why we don't have an untethered 4.3.5 jailbreak yet.

According to p0sixninja, a Chronic Dev Team member, 5 exploits were discovered in the iPad 2 and are strongly expected to be used in the next gen iPhone. So the next iPhone might get an untethered jailbreak sooner than expected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast