+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stevie Wonder Praises What Steve Jobs Has Done for Blind People

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
At a recent concert in Los Angeles, recording legend Stevie Wonder thanked a friend of his for all that he has done "in the spirit of caring and moving the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Stevie Wonder Praises What Steve Jobs Has Done for Blind People

At a recent concert in Los Angeles, recording legend Stevie Wonder thanked a friend of his for all that he has done "in the spirit of caring and moving the world forward." The friend Wonder was referencing is none other than former Apple CEO Steve Jobs (at about 4:30 in the video shared below).

"I want you all to give a hand to someone that you know whose health is very bad at this time.... His company took the challenge in making his technology accessible to everyone. In the spirit of caring and moving the world forward: Steve Jobs. Because there's nothing on the iPhone or the iPad that you can do that I can't do. As a matter of fact, I can be talking to you, you can be looking at me, and I can be doing whatever I need to do and you don't even know what I'm doing. Yeah!"

The 22-time Grammy winner praised the Apple co-founder for building a company that has made accessibility a cornerstone of its products.

And Wonder is right. Individuals with special needs - but particularly the blind or visually impaired - are not restricted in the least when it comes to owning and operating the full slate of Apple products, as virtually every make and model of the Mac, the iPod touch, iPod nano, iPad, and the iPhone deliver technology optimized for blind users.

Source: Fortune Magazine

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't argue with Stevie wonder. He's the man

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Great Stuff

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stevie Wonder is a musical Genius...

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Spot on

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Stevie is in Austin today for ACL fest.. headlining tonight

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

So... what has Jobs actually done for blind people then? I assume it is more than giving blind people accessibility to the iPad? Many companies do this with their products.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    So... what has Jobs actually done for blind people then? I assume it is more than giving blind people accessibility to the iPad? Many companies do this with their products.
    Just activate VoiceOver, guess that's what he means - don't think many phones got that (even nowadays)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arghwhymustiregister View Post
    Just activate VoiceOver, guess that's what he means - don't think many phones got that (even nowadays)
    Ok. So did Steve actually do this? Or did Apple? I think too many people use Steve Jobs as a synonym for Apple.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, you are absolutely right on that point and i have to agree with you.

Jobs' health even has influenced the stock market [him twittering at the morning "feeling really good today" would have increased the stocks as well i guess ], would that be the case with microsoft, google & co. ? don't think so.. but that's a part of the apple plan - creating a "us-feeling". they don't just sell products but "feelings/emotions", if y'all know what i mean

Thanks

im going to go out on a limb and say he uses alot of voice control

Thanks

Well, just saying, I love apples voice control. Androids that I've seen just don't do it as smoothly and elegantly as apple does it. So yes, Steve has done a lot for blind people, since he is the main genius behind apple products.