Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe Sees Huge Growth Year Over Year In Video Editing Sales

Default Adobe Sees Huge Growth Year Over Year In Video Editing Sales

The release of Final Cut X has done more than infuriate Final Cut enthusiasts, it has resulted in a mass exodus of former Final Cut editor and Adobe has been waiting with open arms.

Adobe announced today the company saw 45 percent growth year over year in their video editing software suite. Additionally Adobe saw a 22% increase in demand for it's video editing software across all platforms. To say Adobe capitalized on Apple's folly is an understatement.

Shortly after the release of Apple's Final Cut X, Adobe slashed the price of its video editing software offering a 50% discount to users who had previously owned Final Cut. Angered, and frustrated with the lack of backwards compatibility, multicam support and non-existant updates, a large number of Final Cut editors made the switch. Adobe even takes a direct shot at Final Cut X's perceived amateur status on their Premier website with the tag line "You're a pro. Make sure your toolset is too."

Adobe's strategy is working. Apple has issued FCX refunds and even started selling Final Cut Studio 3 again to help stop the bleeding.

Source: Apple Insider

This is what happens when you think you know it all. Maybe apple should start listening to it's customers for once.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    This is what happens when you think you know it all. Maybe apple should start listening to it's customers for once.
    Say no more bro!!! Agree 100%
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

I think Apple might've over relied on the 'form over functionality' idea that really fuels apple media player/phone sales (i.e. you have to admit, alot of purchases for the iphone/ipod (not so much iPad as its a bit early to judge) would be made on new looks and nicer form factor).

On the other hand, I'd assume most if not all video editing users highly value the functionality of a software they will heavily rely on for work/projects, with of course price being the other factor determining choice.

You lost me apple, I bought the premium production bundle for 50% off and went to adobe. I'm not looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I always thought that new releases build upon experiences, feedback and futher innovation...in other words IMPROVING what you already had...but looks like Apple think otherwise. But I guess apple didnt have the Fanboys they had thought in the video sector - true pros rent gear so change cameras, lenses, etc to whoever gives them the look or tools needed to get a job done, so true fanboys to one brand are very uncommon. So Apple bringing out some bogus software was a really dumb move. But do people really believe apple listen to the public's views and comments???

It's funny how Apple went on to destroy Adobe by not incorporating Flash, then it brings back a failed product to allow Adobe to profit greatly from? I wouldn't put it past both companies having a back door agreement of some sort.

Yeah, what ever happened to the adobe flash that supposedly going to be developed?