Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Says Chinese Food Company Ripped Off Apple Logo

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbreak View Post
    I wonder how apple will be remembered 20 years from now.
    Will they be remembered as the people who sue everyone over the simplest thing, or the people who helped with technology a lot.
    Lol. Only problem with this whole thing is APL isn't suing them. Once again. Lil spin in an article stirs up the crowd

Haha it's a ripoff of the lg logo

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow -.-

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Well, Apple has a legal responsibility to protect their brand (world wide), so while we may think it silly, it has to be done under most trademark and copyright laws in order to keep them valid.

If Apple were to loose a trademark or copyright because they ignored something like this, then the stockholders would be up in arms over it. So they may take it too far the other way, but it's the way the laws work.
    Can anyone please let me know in any way how this logo is related to Apple or to the Apple's brand??? Is it the ***** leaf ?????

If you would see this logo on the road you would think LG and not Apple, they should stop their lawyer talk!!!!

Apple is being ridiculous!!!

They do it all the time, they sue for nothing, its like the Samsung case!!

If Nokia had to sue all the phone manufacturer because the design was a squarish bar design and would have managed to get an injunction against the competitors than i ask myself were the mobile industry would be???? Don't you??

I agree that logos should be respected and protected but this one here is beyond Comprehension!!!
    Last edited by Mes; 09-07-2011 at 12:00 AM.

***** crapple, anythings and everythings that look like u.R have the same colors like u. U want to get 10% off it. so if we have a leaf on top of a fruits, we have to pay u R get sue by u. What R U turning this world into? ww3!!!
    Last edited by Mes; 09-06-2011 at 11:58 PM.

That's just disappointing suing a small food company for a couple million well I'm glad a few high paid employees will be getting an even bigger bonus this year while plenty of employes of the food company will be jobless. Bravo apple and it's heartless lawyers

Maybe this site should stay away from this kind of story. I think people are tired of reading how apple bully's everyone. Just saying.

Wow, quit bullying the young guys crApple, go pick on someone your own size

Default Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogger View Post
    Yes it does look a bit like an Apple logo or even an LG logo, and yes Apple seem to want to sue the world, but does that make me want to stop using their products ..........

erm NO

So what if Apple want to sue over this or any other perceived infringement of copyright, If I were as big as them, then I'd want to protect my company & logo and patents and everything else. But their actions in or out of court does not stop their products being brilliant as all you well know.

If you ask me, apple can sue whoever they want so long as they keep on producing the goods.

Just my 2p worth

Jolly
    I say that if Apple wants to sue other companies, I'm not going to support them. Alright, their products are still worth the money, but am I really going to keep paying them, allowing their company to eventually put others out of business? It's not like they own the fruit itself. They might as well sue Mother Nature for having apples grow on trees.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the Nanchong, Sichuan-based Fangguo had applied to register its logo under 16 different product categories, including "notebook computers" and "electronic-game software
    Do you people even read all the article or you just start complaining about how apple is bad out of pure willingness

Why in the ******** would food producing company register for computers and electronic-game software.
    Do apple holds a license on food production? I don't think so.
    Ahh... haters gonna hate, what else i can say

And yes, it does resemble LG more than apple, so maybe that "food-company" was inclining to scam LG, don't know. What i do know is that you do not register your logo under category of products you don't produce, have never produced and have no know-how whatsoever.

OH WTF!!! I have 50 hectare of Apple plantation...........better cut them off now.

Quote Originally Posted by dennder View Post
    Do you people even read all the article or you just start complaining about how apple is bad out of pure willingness

Why in the ******** would food producing company register for computers and electronic-game software.
    Do apple holds a license on food production? I don't think so.
    Ahh... haters gonna hate, what else i can say

And yes, it does resemble LG more than apple, so maybe that "food-company" was inclining to scam LG, don't know. What i do know is that you do not register your logo under category of products you don't produce, have never produced and have no know-how whatsoever.
    There is nothing wrong with a company wanting to expand, assuming it's not for nefarious purposes. There logo doesn't actually look like any apple, it just looks like a round object with a leaf. AS others have pointed out, it has a much closer resemblance to the LG logo than to that of an apple.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Maybe this site should stay away from this kind of story. I think people are tired of reading how apple bully's everyone. Just saying.
    Every one thinks differently. Respectable disagreements create greater understanding

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merismus View Post
    Can anyone please let me know in any way how this logo is related to Apple or to the Apple's brand??? Is it the ***** leaf ?????

If you would see this logo on the road you would think LG and not Apple, they should stop their lawyer talk!!!!

Apple is being ridiculous!!!

They do it all the time, they sue for nothing, its like the Samsung case!!

If Nokia had to sue all the phone manufacturer because the design was a squarish bar design and would have managed to get an injunction against the competitors than i ask myself were the mobile industry would be???? Don't you??

I agree that logos should be respected and protected but this one here is beyond Comprehension!!!
    It's true, it's silly bc it's a food company. The Samsung case might've been silly to some but I can see the reasoning behind it; Samsung is a brand of smartphones and tablets, and to be perfectly honest I mistook from afar a Galaxy Tablet as an iPad. It's not to say Apple is in the right to sue everybody else's pants off to protect itself, but it's not say it's wrong to protect intellectual property in this manner. Anyway, back on topic, the food company thing is just plain silly though. Nobody is going to mistaken that food company logo as an Apple logo; and if somebody did mistaken it, then that somebody is a noob.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Anyway, back on topic, the food company thing is just plain silly though. Nobody is going to mistaken that food company logo as an Apple logo; and if somebody did mistaken it, then that somebody is a noob.
    Another part of it is the similarity in the pinyin names of the two companies: "fangguo" versus "pingguo."

Now while I do see two distinct logos (little ground for infringement there IMO), I can see why Apple is leery of a traditionally food-based company with a very similar name filing for new trademarks in areas Apple does care about.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Considering how in Chinese, the only thing relative of the two words is "guo" which can be identified in other fruit names as well. It'd be unfair for that to be a claim. Apple would then have to go off suing anybody who has a name branded as particular fruits. Mango for example is Mangguo. The word "fruit" itself is Shuiguo. For goodness sake the word "Cashew" is Yaoguo. All of those ending in guo carry the same pronunciation, and the same Chinese character.

Apple is unjustified to sue anybody for either the logo or the food company's name. But I see your point Orby

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I looked at the picture before I read the article and my first thought was that the author had edited an LG logo. After reading the article I'm a little surprised that it's apple taking offence to it.
    That is exactly what I thought. Their logo may be made to look like an apple, but it looks nothing like the Apple logo. When I first saw it, I immediately thought of LG.

If anything LG should be complaining

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123