+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Safari Now Claims More Than Half of All Mobile Browsing

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple's Safari continues to be the king of the mobile browsing jungle, according to new data compiled and presented by analytics firm Net Applications. Here's the scoop: Safari, which we
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple's Safari Now Claims More Than Half of All Mobile Browsing

Apple's Safari continues to be the king of the mobile browsing jungle, according to new data compiled and presented by analytics firm Net Applications.

Here's the scoop: Safari, which we all know is the default browser on all iOS mobile devices, successfully powered better than half (52.99 percent to be precise) of all mobile browsing initiated during the month of August 2011.

Opera Mini came in second with a distant 20.77 percent. Google's Android browser finished third with 15.73 percent. Symbian (5.83 percent), BlackBerry (2.90 percent) and Opera Mobile (0.58 percent) rounded out the last-place finishers.

Incredibly, as of just last fall, Safari was only responsible for 44.3 percent of mobile browsing. Having jumped close to 9.0 percent since the end of 2010 is truly remarkable, particularly when one considers the growing competition among the makers of today's leading smartphones and mobile operating systems.

While Apple and Android gained by roughly equal percentages, Opera Mini experienced the biggest drop over the last ten months, falling from 32.4 percent last October to 20.8 percent in August of this year. BlackBerry and Symbian similarly lost ground by only by fractional margins.

Source: Net Applications

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wonder what would happen if you could replace Safari on iOS. Sure, there are others, but those pretty much use Safari underneath itself.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^I'd replace with WebOS if someone could somehow make it work.

Thanks

I like safari but that's kinda biased, wheres google chrome or Internet explorer? EDIT never mind I didn't see the "mobile" part

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow didnt know so many ppl used opera mine

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

based on the graph I'm pretty sure they claimed that a long time ago...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Safari really is the best MOBILE browser on the market and, IMO, always has been.

If Apple allowed other browsers to be set as a default browser, I am sure these numbers would be slightly different.

I am also curious to know if the Dolphin browser is lumped into "other" here, or if it wasn't really even looked at. I know on Android a ton of people used that over default and even Opera.

Banned
    Thanks

Yawn.

meanwhile at IFA Germany

Samsung readies stunning new Galaxy Tab 7.7, a 5.3 inch note pad with stylus the Galaxy Tab 8.9 with LTE, 3 new and improved Galaxy S II phones for AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile AND 3 entirely new devices with the Wave phones !!!

If that wasn't enough, Toshiba made a sexy new tablet that's even lighter and thinner than the Galaxy Tab 10.1 !! AND its still has USB, HDMI and SD !!

but wait, there's more !!

Sony also shows of its new 10.1 Android tablet.

Android phones and tables will launch this Fall with Quad core processors and true 720p displays !! while you guys sit here and read crap articles day in and day out.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Wonder what would happen if you could replace Safari on iOS. Sure, there are others, but those pretty much use Safari underneath itself.
    Yeah but why will they replace safari? I mean there is no point as yet, they may make it better but for sure not replace.
    Instagram: zplit
    Twitter: zplit

Thanks

Hm if schools allowed Facebook to be viewed would opera mini usage fall?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Yawn.

meanwhile at IFA Germany

Samsung readies stunning new Galaxy Tab 7.7, a 5.3 inch note pad with stylus the Galaxy Tab 8.9 with LTE, 3 new and improved Galaxy S II phones for AT&T, Sprint and T-mobile AND 3 entirely new devices with the Wave phones !!!

If that wasn't enough, Toshiba made a sexy new tablet that's even lighter and thinner than the Galaxy Tab 10.1 !! AND its still has USB, HDMI and SD !!

but wait, there's more !!

Sony also shows of its new 10.1 Android tablet.

Android phones and tables will launch this Fall with Quad core processors and true 720p displays !! while you guys sit here and read crap articles day in and day out.
    Listen. As much as I love my Moto Photon, this place is for Apple news. I know that the staff cherry picks only good things about Apple, and will post negative things about competitors, but if I wanted to read up on Android, I'll go to Phandroid / AndroidCentral.

Thanks

What phone uses Opera mini?

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Android browser is 3x faster than Safari for iPhone.