+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Openwave Seeks Ban on All iPhone, iPad Imports in New Lawsuit

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by sammo123 So you will talk **** about apple when they sue people, but will gladly keep your mouth shut when others sue apple? Seems pretty one sided
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    So you will talk **** about apple when they sue people, but will gladly keep your mouth shut when others sue apple? Seems pretty one sided
    Half of this forum talks crap about Apple being "greedy" or a "bully" in their lawsuits against other companies and how they're only doing it because they're scared of competition. I didn't start that notion so go preach to the rest of the people who disapprove of what Apple is doing.

Apple has done some amazing things.....I can acknowledge that......but they have also done some pretty foul things as well....which either don't get mentioned on this site or very rarely get mentioned. And people have the right to know the good AND bad about the company they purchase products from and to express their opinions whether they are good or bad. Your crying will do you no good with me so deal with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Don't mind Him, He's just trolling. Every company sues other company's, Apple included. It's okay if it's justified, but "Openwave" is just another company trying to ******** to get a piece of the pie. Not cool; ********!
    So when Apple sued Samsung over the look and feel of the ipad and iphone, that was justifiable? Perhaps in Apple land but back here in the real world, that's ********.

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    So you will talk **** about apple when they sue people, but will gladly keep your mouth shut when others sue apple? Seems pretty one sided
    I think you fail to understand that Apple tends to be the 1st company to file the lawsuits over stupid things. So then everyone else fires back.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-01-2011 at 09:27 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

everyone is suing everyone. at the end nothing happens. what a waste of time

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    So when Apple sued Samsung over the look and feel of the ipad and iphone, that was justifiable? Perhaps in Apple land but back here in the real world, that's bullsh*t.

I think you fail to understand that Apple tends to be the 1st company to file the lawsuits over stupid things. So then everyone else fires back.
    The reasons a big company like Apple or Samsung engages in patent suits is very different than the reason a small company like Openwave sues.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Dear thread participants, please consider using a substitute word to express your emotions. MMi would like to maintain a friendly environment Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Its no longer ELE (everybody love everybody) but instead ESE (everybody sue everybody)
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple when ran out of ideas starting thinking of capping the market by suing other companies and shut them. They started it so face it now. They stole ideas from developers apps and then made it their own and then rejected their apps pending approval for many than an year. Well, they have the discretion and that we have "Terms & Conditions" for written in small tiny letters.
    Also I do believe that Apple did infringed the patents. Its just that they have so much cash they can afford lawyers and lobbyists they are getting away with it. Hey, isnt this what our corporate American culture is?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12