Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs' Biological Father Comes Forward in Hopes of Meeting His Son

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Steve Jobs' Biological Father Comes Forward in Hopes of Meeting His Son

On the surface, it sounds like the Silicon Valley edition of a bad episode of Maury Povich.

Less than one week after stepping down as CEO of the company he is synonymous with, the oracle of Apple, Steve Jobs, is being courted for a meeting by his biological father.

According to an eye-opening interview appearing in the New York Post, Abdulfattah John Jandali - an 80-year old Syrian immigrant and successful businessman in his own right (pictured above) - is identified as the Apple co-founder's biological father. Although many people are unaware, Steve Jobs, now 56, was adopted.

For all his accomplishments, the Syrian immigrant says he is overcome with guilt over his treatment of Jobs, 56, and given his son's health woes and decision this week to step down as Apple CEO, fears time is running out.
    "Now I just live in hope that, before it is too late, he will reach out to me, because even to have just one coffee with him just once would make me a very happy man," Jandali said, noting that he won't reach out to his son. Jandali believes it should be Steve who reaches out to him.

"I'd be lying if I said it doesn't sadden me to have not been part of my son's incredible journey," he said. "What father wouldn't think that? And I would think that even if he was not the head of a hugely successful company."

Jandali, however, tells the New York Post that he learned only "in recent years" that the son his ex-wife gave up for adoption 56 years ago became the one and only Steve Jobs.

In 1955, Jandali's girlfriend Joanne Simpson became pregnant, and though he wanted to marry her, he says her family would not allow it.
    "I was very much in love with Joanne," Jandali reveals. "But sadly, her father was a tyrant, and forbade her to marry me, as I was from Syria. And so she told me she wanted to give the baby up for adoption."

Source: New York Post

Thanks

This is very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Vandale View Post
    This is very sad
    Agreed.

Hope he gives the same thing (middle finger) I would give my dad if he tried stepping back into my life.

that's just unfortunate for the paps.
    should of made the right choice 56 years ago, sir.

probably this dude uses windows.

dna test!!!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol so there's a chance Steve Jobs would have been raised Muslim and had a half Muslim name....

Hmm wonder how he woulda turned out if his parents kept him

This is a private family matter, shame on you New York Post.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Aw..he looks just like him..
    But seriously I hope he gets to see him once but he should be willing to meet up with steve, instead of only Steve meeting up with him

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    This is a private family matter, shame on you New York Post.
    Agreed!

And why does this guy want to be happy? He's spent 56 years not contacting him and now he wants to see him and have "coffee" hope that guy burns.

A little something I made in photoshop:
    http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1057/siayf.jpg

Lol

^^^lol. Crappy ps job, but still funny. Edit and add direct link

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    ^^^lol. Crappy ps job, but still funny. Edit and add direct link
    Aww c'mon I did it in 5 minutes :P
    It is the DL

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sad story if it proves to be true. Key part:

"In 1955, Jandali's girlfriend Joanne Simpson became pregnant, and though he wanted to marry her, he says her family would not allow it. I was very much in love with Joanne," Jandali reveals. "But sadly, her father was a tyrant, and forbade her to marry me, as I was from Syria. And so she told me she wanted to give the baby up for adoption."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is crap. No need for it here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Im going to read Steve Jobs Biography.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Lol so there's a chance Steve Jobs would have been raised Muslim and had a half Muslim name....

Hmm wonder how he woulda turned out if his parents kept him
    Anythig wrong with that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

"Why now dad?" is the question Steve Jobs will ask him. Here's a man who learned to make it really successful without his real parents and now his father decides to step in 56 years later? That man has a lot of explaining to do. Hope all goes well Steve; God bless.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Vandale;6213904]This is very I would think the father should reach out first. Not Steve. His dad is the one who left him (in whatever form it was). It's not Steve's fault he didn't know who his real father was.

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Aw..he looks just like him..
    But seriously I hope he gets to see him once but he should be willing to meet up with steve, instead of only Steve meeting up with him
    Exactly!!!! My point as well.

Am I the only one who can only see the 1st reply to a post until after replying using an iPhone??? Sometimes, not all, I have to reply to a reply just to read the comments.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 08-30-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Default This is a tech site!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    "Why now dad?" is the question Steve Jobs will ask him. Here's a man who learned to make it really successful without his real parents and now his father decides to step in 56 years later? That man has a lot of explaining to do. Hope all goes well Steve; God bless.
    For the love of anything that happens to be unrelated to our personal problems... Can we please leave our personal feelings aside? This is a mod site and just because we all have daddy issues does not mean we should take it out on some guy that may totally be making this story up. You guys takes stuff to personally and that's why people think we are arrogant bastards like "the comic book guy" on the Simpsons..... Please don't be the hater fat dude at home judging on all things not related to you. This guy might be his dad... this guy might be a perv that lived down the street from Steve when he was 2 and got a hard on... EITHER WAY.......... THIS IS A TECH SITE!!!! STOP CRYING!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast