+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs' Biological Father Comes Forward in Hopes of Meeting His Son

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
after 56 years of being raised by another family and now that stave is sick this guy comes out of no where to tel the world this is my son,
    Thanks

after 56 years of being raised by another family and now that stave is sick this guy comes out of no where to tel the world this is my son, and plus he's asking for steve to come a have a cup of coffee with him should he come and see him, i really think its for the MONEY i would just give him the middle finger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,057 Times in 1,696 Posts

Funny he chooses to come onto his life when things look so grave. I'm thinking he wants a slice of the ol apple myself.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Funny he chooses to come onto his life when things look so grave. I'm thinking he wants a slice of the ol apple myself.
    Actually I think just the opposite
    He didn't come out to Steve when Steve was a CEO cause that could look like he wanted money and it would be alot more news worthy

Steve stepped down and it didn't hit the press as hard I think because he was no longer a CEO

But at the same time it's retarded that it took his dad this long to say Hey Son
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 08-30-2011 at 11:27 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Actually I think just the opposite
    He didn't come out to Steve when Steve was a CEO cause that could look like he wanted money and it would be alot more news worthy
    Hear hear! We can easily say Apple rose to (increased) prominence in the last decade and a half, which really isn't that long if you think about it. It'd seem very odd if this man reached out to Steve a few years back, just as Apple begins to boom (and remember, a few years back means like...iPhone time, and we all know how that increased Apple's user base immensely). That would, as Bender puts it, seem like he's trying to get money.

Call me naive, but I think this guy genuinely wants to know his son. Think about it, Jobs must be in pretty poor health if he had to resign. And this guy learned "in recent years" (see below) that Jobs is his son. Perhaps he thought he had more time? I dunno. Either way, I think it's a genuine extending of the olive branch. Based on how I read it, this guy didn't know Jobs was his kid for a pretty long time. Better late than never, I guess.

Jandali, however, tells the New York Post that he learned only "in recent years" that the son his ex-wife gave up for adoption 56 years ago became the one and only Steve Jobs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Have you meet Steve's sister?
    http://www.usc.edu/libraries/partner...mpson_Mona.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Simpson_(novelist)

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Lol so there's a chance Steve Jobs would have been raised Muslim and had a half Muslim name....

Hmm wonder how he woulda turned out if his parents kept him
    A world without Apple would have sucked.
    Because his father had unprotected sex. Because his mother gave him for adoption instead of aborting we have iPhones.
    Last edited by ATBsky; 08-31-2011 at 02:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They should meet using FaceTime!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hey son..... mind taking care of ole pa?

iPhone? More like MyPhone edoutmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vandale View Post
    This is very sad
    What's so sad, that he's half Muslim?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    "Why now dad?" is the question Steve Jobs will ask him. Here's a man who learned to make it really successful without his real parents and now his father decides to step in 56 years later? That man has a lot of explaining to do. Hope all goes well Steve; God bless.
    "Without his real parents"... really? His adoptive parents are his real parents. Perhaps you meant his biological parents.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

That sure looks like his father.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Better late than never, I guess.
    In certain situations, 'late' is the same as 'never'. I recently learned this fact when I tried to turn in a 2nd grade homework assignment 50 years late, and the current principal of the school refused to change my grade for the year.

I dunno, but something about his "it would make ME a happy man" comment rubbed me the wrong way, perfectly consistent with the Father's been a self-centered narcissist, or at least borderline Aspergers syndrome. You know, the whole "what's in it for me?" deal, only focusing on HIS needs, which is exactly the kind of thinking that leads grown men to abandon their offspring, however they rationalize it.

And even though he said Steve should reach out to him, why is this sperm donor running to the New York Post, of all places? You don't think a PRIVATE call to Apple's executive offices, and Job's personal secretary, might be a tad more classy? I suspect he tried, but was rebuffed. Now he's trying to publicly pressure a meeting....

Thankfully, Jobs and his sister were able to make lemonade from lemons, and overcome the problems of their young biological parents; at least bio Mom had the courage and strength to realize she was in over her head, and that their best odds for success were in being raised by adoptive parents (an ultimately smart decision, borne out by the success of Steve and his sis. That's a success story, in anyone's book, however you get there).

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xNEOxGENESISx View Post
    that's just unfortunate for the paps.
    should of made the right choice 56 years ago, sir.

probably this dude uses windows.
    Lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    Hope he gives the same thing (middle finger) I would give my dad if he tried stepping back into my life.
    Dam, it seem this world is replaying every rich man dream? C my father B4 i die? But in reality, u won't C ur father unless u rich? What happen to the poor?

Thanks

This guy is just after money, period! It doesn't take 56 years of dissin' your own kid to realize what you did was wrong. I have dead beat parents myself and this really ticks me off to see, I'm not a Steve fan at all but I seriously hope like someone else said here that he flips the bird to this *******.

Coffee? Yea right...sorry but this really bites!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Lol so there's a chance Steve Jobs would have been raised Muslim and had a half Muslim name....
    Hmm wonder how he woulda turned out if his parents kept him
    I really don't see how is potential religion would have drastically changed the person he grew up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    Hope he gives the same thing (middle finger) I would give my dad if he tried stepping back into my life.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    "Why now dad?" is the question Steve Jobs will ask him. Here's a man who learned to make it really successful without his real parents and now his father decides to step in 56 years later? That man has a lot of explaining to do. Hope all goes well Steve; God bless.
    Quote Originally Posted by zani1972 View Post
    after 56 years of being raised by another family and now that stave is sick this guy comes out of no where to tel the world this is my son, and plus he's asking for steve to come a have a cup of coffee with him should he come and see him, i really think its for the MONEY i would just give him the middle finger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    This guy is just after money, period! It doesn't take 56 years of dissin' your own kid to realize what you did was wrong. I have dead beat parents myself and this really ticks me off to see, I'm not a Steve fan at all but I seriously hope like someone else said here that he flips the bird to this *******.

Coffee? Yea right...sorry but this really bites!
    Some great knee jerk reactions there. Great job fella's. Before you begin typing crap, just take a second to think about what you're going to say.

From reading the full article (some of you might wanna try that) the man sounds like a decent guy. Having his son put up for adoption 56 years ago seemed to have been out of his control, and probably the best thing for the child. He wanted to keep the baby but repeated the wishes of it's mother (who upped and moved across country with the baby without telling anyone). Would it have been better for Steve Jobs to grow up with a single mother who has isolated herself from the childs father and her own family

Also, the article says only in recent years has the man found out the identity of the son given up for adoption, without lack of trying. You can't blame the man for wanting to meet the son he never had a chance to be a father to, before it's too late.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 08-31-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I really don't see how is potential religion would have drastically changed the person he grew up to be.

Some great knee jerk reactions there. Great job fella's. Before you begin typing crap, just take a second to think about what you're going to say.

From reading the full article (some of you might wanna try that) the man sounds like a decent guy. Having his son put up for adoption 56 years ago seemed to have been out of his control, and probably the best thing for the child. He wanted to keep the baby but repeated the wishes of it's mother (who upped and moved across country with the baby without telling anyone). Would it have been better for Steve Jobs to grow up with a single mother who has isolated herself from the childs father and her own family

Also, the article says only in recent years has the man found out the identity of the son given up for adoption, without lack of trying. You can't blame the man for wanting to meet the son he never had a chance to be a father to.
    VERY WELL SAID! I can't agree more!

Steve looks like his father.

It is sad that all of these years are gone for the both of them.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edoutmax View Post
    What's so sad, that he's half Muslim?
    You cannot be half muslim ita a religion. Not a race

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    You cannot be half muslim ita a religion. Not a race
    You mean you cannot have a Jewish mother, a Muslim father and practice aspects of both religions yourself? I don't see why not.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 911 Posts

I think they should both go for it...you only live once...and everybody makes good and bad choices in there lifes...so go for it as you may regret it if you don't
    And with steves knowledge and his fathers knowledge they can put there minds together and make an new phone and compete against apple...lol