+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Can Buy Your Dreams, Compensation Includes Millions in Stock Options

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
"Steve. I know. You're worth like a gadgillion dollars." Tim Cook, Apple's freshly appointed CEO, has deservedly earned a raise and a few perks. One million perks to be exact.
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tim Cook Can Buy Your Dreams, Compensation Includes Millions in Stock Options

"Steve. I know. You're worth like a gadgillion dollars."

Tim Cook, Apple's freshly appointed CEO, has deservedly earned a raise and a few perks.

One million perks to be exact. And by perks, I mean shares of Apple's stock. Tim Cook, if he stays around to lead Apple through 2021 will be the proud owner of 1 million shares of Apple stock.The 8-K filing, a little document public companies must submit after major changes, puts into official legal speak what the Interwebs has been abuzz with the last few days.

Inside the details of the 8-K Cook's compensation is outlined, and in it are two phases of stock options, each worth 500,000 shares, one to be vested in 2016 and the next to be vested in 2021. These options, at today's market value, would be worth $383 if Cook were able to collect them tomorrow. And if the tear Apple has been on keeps up, Cook might be his own walking, talking stimulus package.

Source: PC World

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think we're well aware of the fact that he can "by our dreams.". Whatever the hell that means. But I don't really think a statement like that is necessary given that so many people are struggling just to make ends meet. Very poor choice of words imo. And if this trend continues, pretty soon those same consumers won't have the luxury of purchasing expensive Apple products....which would likely affect his glorious "dream-buying" power.

You know what MY dream is........for this country to be great once again with plenty of wealth and prosperity for all who live in it....where politicians are not corrupt, higher education is not so difficult and expensive to come by, and the government actually cares about the people who elected them. Can Mr. Cook buy THAT? Didn't think so!

And quite frankly, I'm not interested in how deep Tim Cook's pockets are. I am more interested in the future direction that he will lead Apple in and whether or not he can continue the legacy of Steve Jobs.
    Last edited by RICO_; 08-27-2011 at 10:58 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

2006yamahaR6 (08-28-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Inside the details of the 8-K Cook's compensation is outlined, and in it are two phases of stock options, each worth 500,000 shares, one to be vested in 2016 and the next to be vested in 2021. These options, at today's market value, would be worth $383 if Cook were able to collect them tomorrow. And if the tear Apple has been on keeps up, Cook might be his own walking, talking stimulus package.
    Just to clarify a point; if you actually look at the details of the 8-K, he's recieving restricted stock units, not stock options. This makes a big difference as his "option" price is $0, rather than the current value.

Thanks

Why is there always someone who has a problem with ANYTHING said on the front page, and I'm not talking about "krosis"? Mr. Swanson did nothing wrong except try to provide news to the community, while "buy your dreams" is an odd choice of words, it wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone and it caught my eye which got me to read the story. I'm sure someone will have a problem with what I'm saying too, but at least I'm not spending personal, unpaid time to try to educate the community on the goings on of Apple and their new CEO.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I think we're well aware of the fact that he can "by our dreams.". Whatever the hell that means. But I don't really think a statement like that is necessary given that so many people are struggling just to make ends meet. Very poor choice of words imo. And if this trend continues, pretty soon those same consumers won't have the luxury of purchasing expensive Apple products....which would likely affect his glorious "dream-buying" power.

You know what MY dream is........for this country to be great once again with plenty of wealth and prosperity for all who live in it....where politicians are not corrupt, higher education is not so difficult and expensive to come by, and the government actually cares about the people who elected them. Can Mr. Cook buy THAT? Didn't think so!

And quite frankly, I'm not interested in how deep Tim Cook's pockets are. I am more interested in the future direction that he will lead Apple in and whether or not he can continue the legacy of Steve Jobs.
    Bravo *clapping*

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post

[Nods Head]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    Mr. Swanson did nothing wrong except try to provide news to the community, while "buy your dreams" is an odd choice of words, it wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone and it caught my eye which got me to read the story.
    I have no problem with the news. But the phrase "buy your dreams" (even if it was intended not to be offensive) is not necessary and inappropriate. Reporting Cook's financial earnings jump is completely fine, but the majority of us do not need to be reminded of how a major corporation CEO can buy what the majority of Americans can only "dream" about having. There's no place for that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A better tittle would be "Tim Cook can afford to use Apple Stock as toilet paper."

Thanks

Thumbs up Title
    I cannot believe people today. This is the most unnecessary complaint I have seen on any forum I have ever read. There's nothing wrong with the title. Only people that would complain are people you couldn't pleased with anything. So if I were moderator I would remove the thread completely. I have a title for you knit pickers. Eat shxx!!!!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone4noob View Post
    I cannot believe people today. This is the most unnecessary complaint I have seen on any forum I have ever read. There's nothing wrong with the title. Only people that would complain are people you couldn't pleased with anything. So if I were moderator I would remove the thread completely. I have a title for you knit pickers. Eat shxx!!!!!!!!
    Well I'm sorry to tell you this (actually I'm not), but I will continue to voice my opinion if there is something I don't agree with.....whether you approve or not. That's why it's called an opinion.

Get over it!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I wonder what kind of coffee Steve Jobs drinks.