+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook is Thinking Printers

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
What is the one area the Apple rumor-mill has yet to delve into? Printers. And thank God they haven't, but a hilarious little piece, by fake news site The Onion
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tim Cook is Thinking Printers

What is the one area the Apple rumor-mill has yet to delve into? Printers.

And thank God they haven't, but a hilarious little piece, by fake news site The Onion , pokes fun at what a worst-case-scenario take over by Apple's new CEO Tim Cook could have looked like. Hint, it might be a bit of jab at rumors about HP wanting to sell off their PC business too.

SAN FRANCISCO—Following the resignation of Apple founder Steve Jobs, incoming CEO Tim Cook called a meeting of shareholders and members of the press Thursday morning to announce that he envisioned printers as the company’s future. “Laser, ink-jet, double-sided, color, black-and-white—the future of technology is in printers. I am absolutely convinced of that,” Cook explained to a packed auditorium as a montage of printers and people using printers played on a screen behind him. “What is the one thing people will always need? It’s obvious: printers. Printers with fax machines attached, printers that collate and staple, perhaps a printer that makes photocopies. Anything’s possible. It’s called innovation.” Cook concluded his remarks by assuring investors the release of upcoming Apple products such as the iPhone 5 would be postponed for at least four years so the company could throw all its time and resources into the creation of high-quality printers for the home and office. - The Onion
    Sliced in ways only The Onion can.

Source: The Onion

Thanks

Not that funny... Nice try tho

Green Apple
    Thanks
    No stopping Apple if they enter this arena

Thanks

I love the onion <3
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Lmao if this was true oh boy I couldn't wait for the reaction of the ppl when they hear the 4 year delay of the iPhone 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ummm... I read this twice today and I still fail to see the humor in it. If they did want to get into printers, they have their right. HP and Dell did/do both things.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

what?? printers are almost free. the money is with the ink

i think apple will rather go into tv set top boxes, dvr's, network programming. they can take on giants like disney and news corp (rupert murdoch)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    Ummm... I read this twice today and I still fail to see the humor in it. If they did want to get into printers, they have their right. HP and Dell did/do both things.
    Half the comedy of the post is that HP stopped making tablets and PC's due to Apple. Now HP is pretty much a printer company. If Apple started to make printers what would HP do then?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Can't wait for the Dev team to release the new Jailbreak my new iPrinter"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kendall213 View Post
    Half the comedy of the post is that HP stopped making tablets and PC's due to Apple. Now HP is pretty much a printer company. If Apple started to make printers what would HP do then?
    Ever heard of HP servers? HP supply enterprise level products on scale Apple could only dream of. I wouldn't be surprised if Apples Datacenters are running HP hardware.
    They're far from just a printer company.

Thanks

hp has got out of the tablet and desktop game but not laptops.they are still one of the top laptop makers in the world and apple has tried printers in the 80's and it was a epic fail. i give it 5 years until steve jobs is back a dictator of apple

Thanks

I think he should focus more on iPods, iPhones, and the Macs instead of birthing an iPrinter. Let's not confuse computer illiterate people with more choices >.>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now I see, thanks for let me know, looking at this now I think the article is very funny kkkk

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I honestly think investing in Printers is a bad idea these days. They day of print media is slowly dying, I think a much better investment would be to come up with better electronic equivalents.