+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Sends Out Staff Letter, Assures Apple Vision Will Be Maintained

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Tim Cook, freshly minted as Apple's new CEO, wasted no time this morning reassuring his employees, via a letter, the future of Apple without "Steve" is as bright as ever.
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tim Cook Sends Out Staff Letter, Assures Apple Vision Will Be Maintained

Tim Cook, freshly minted as Apple's new CEO, wasted no time this morning reassuring his employees, via a letter, the future of Apple without "Steve" is as bright as ever.

I've bolded the most telling portions of the letter, which should quell any fears that the Apple we know could change:

Team:

I am looking forward to the amazing opportunity of serving as CEO of the most innovative company in the world. Joining Apple was the best decision I've ever made and it's been the privilege of a lifetime to work for Apple and Steve for over 13 years. I share Steve's optimism for Apple's bright future.

Steve has been an incredible leader and mentor to me, as well as to the entire executive team and our amazing employees. We are really looking forward to Steve's ongoing guidance and inspiration as our Chairman.

I want you to be confident that Apple is not going to change. I cherish and celebrate Apple's unique principles and values. Steve built a company and culture that is unlike any other in the world and we are going to stay true to that-it is in our DNA. We are going to continue to make the best products in the world that delight our customers and make our employees incredibly proud of what they do.

I love Apple and I am looking forward to diving into my new role. All of the incredible support from the Board, the executive team and many of you has been inspiring. I am confident our best years lie ahead of us and that together we will continue to make Apple the magical place that it is.

Tim
    Like any change in leadership, only time will tell what effects it will have on Apple. With Jobs not fully abandoning his influential status in the company, and Cook's apparent dedication to maintaining the culture Jobs so painstakingly developed, the same culture Apple consumers and investors have grown to love looks to be around for a while.

Source: Ars Technica

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not the most attractive dude

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Steve looks like he's ready to kill Tim if he messes up in that photo

Thanks

I have a feeling that by Steve, he doesn't mean Woz. Then he'd be a little behind on things
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Of course they will maintain the current vision and strategy. Dont fix it if it isn't broken right?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkAloha View Post
    Which one?
    Last edited by RICO_; 08-25-2011 at 11:40 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    ^ +1 hahahahaha
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Thats what I was thinking but I think Steve is looking behind him at something outside of the photo.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

He looks like Beavis n Butthead's Dad in that pic! ;-D

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirkAloha View Post
    As a shareholder, he can be 500 lbs, bed ridden, and have massive acne. As long as he keeps Apple moving forward and continues to deliver products that users want with the quality they expect, that is all I care about.