+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Claims Apple to Introduce "Absolutely Different" Product By Year's End

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
According to a report by Japanese website Makotakara, Apple will introduce an "absolutely different" product line by year's end. According to anonymous source in Asian supplier company, Apple seems to
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Report Claims Apple to Introduce "Absolutely Different" Product By Year's End

According to a report by Japanese website Makotakara, Apple will introduce an "absolutely different" product line by year's end.

According to anonymous source in Asian supplier company, Apple seems to be preparing project to release new Mac line-up which is absolutely different from current products until end of this year.

Though this source does not told in detail, this new Mac line seems to be clearly different products from current ones, so new product name could be given. - Macotakara
    Macotakara has a mixed past in its leaks (right about most), but the vague nature of this "leak" doesn't look like it could improve their record.

Still, the leak begs the question, what in the world could Apple be releasing if an entirely new product line is due to be unveiled?

Could it be the oft rumored Mac Televisions that have been so popular in the rumor mill, or perhaps the much lauded touchscreen iMac that so many have anticipated and would fully realize Apple's efforts to integrate iOS in its desktop OS.

But, this could all be pointless speculation, and just another rumor to sweep under the very large rug at the center of the Apple rumor mill.

Source: Macotakara[via MacRumors]
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 08-22-2011 at 10:12 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

'Different' as in something Apple has never done, or 'different' as in something NO ONE has ever done? Hhmmm...

Thanks

I'm guessing it's the Apple TV. Personally, I don't think the touchscreen iMac would really have a point yet because most people would still be most happy with a physical keyboard. Unless Apple wanted to use the projection laser keyboards that are out there, which could be pretty cool, but I guess we'll see.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A TV from Apple wouldn't really be "absolutely different". It's just taking a Cinema Display and put the Apple TV inside.

It's hard to think what would be such a different product than their current Mac offerings.
    Maybe their gonna go with a Mac Pro Mini (for lack of a better word ) A smaller and cheaper tower Mac?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Its gonna be different, wait no its not, yes it is!, no its not! Yes it is! no its not.....Come on!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Gaming console?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Gaming console?
    That's what I was thinking gaming built into the apple tv, with palm out of the picture they could do things like push notifications from the phone to iPad and apple tv plus airplay games or add a gameing remote to the remote app for apple tv.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

A flying car. A nuclear power plant. The iPad 3. O.o. Or possibly a line of gaming macs to compete with competition.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Gaming console?
    I pondered that too. But out of everything, I think a Gaming Console would be the worst venture for Apple. They're still years behind on proper games on Macs, even with the increased Steam support.
    Would a dedicated iOS games console be a smart move? I can't see them creating an ecosystem to rival even a fraction of what Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo have.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I pondered that too. But out of everything, I think a Gaming Console would be the worst venture for Apple. They're still years behind on proper games on Macs, even with the increased Steam support.
    Would a dedicated iOS games console be a smart move? I can't see them creating an ecosystem to rival even a fraction of what Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo have.
    That's what i meant....a gaming console to go head to head with the XBOX360 and PLAYSTATION 3. Look how successful all their other products have been right off the bat. So whose to say they shouldn't build a dedicated gaming console that plays both iOS games AND top-tier CD games like the Xbox and Playstation do and possibly implement some technology or features not yet present in today's gaming consoles?

Just a thought.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's what i meant....a gaming console to go head to head with the XBOX360 and PLAYSTATION 3. Look how successful all their other products have been right off the bat. So whose to say they shouldn't build a dedicated gaming console that plays both iOS games AND top-tier CD games like the Xbox and Playstation do and possibly implement some technology or features not yet present in today's gaming consoles?
    Just a thought.
    The iDevices appeal to a massively wider market than a games console tho, even Apple would admit they kinda accidentally fell into gaming with iDevices. I just can't see anyone who currently games on an Xbox, PS3, Wii would be tempted by a company who's high end computers are still lacking in gaming power.
    I could be wrong, Apple do have a good track record of creating new devices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It could be a simple software update to move some 99.99 dollar apple TVs, I mean do you own one they are awesome!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

^ I love my apple tv. Air play is the best feature on there!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Fully cloud system.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    I'm guessing it's the Apple TV. Personally, I don't think the touchscreen iMac would really have a point yet because most people would still be most happy with a physical keyboard. Unless Apple wanted to use the projection laser keyboards that are out there, which could be pretty cool, but I guess we'll see.
    Well, apple calls its Mac, the ultimate all in one right? In that case, it would make sense to make give it a touchscreen given that most all-in-one computers now ship with touch screens.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

To be fair, Apple did massively over-hype The Beatles coming to iTunes, so something "absolutely different" could just be something not different at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    To be fair, Apple did massively over-hype The Beatles coming to iTunes, so something "absolutely different" could just be something not different at all.
    Ha, I almost forgot about that debacle. Here's to hoping...

Thanks

It has to be true, this "anonymous" guy has a great track record

Thanks

Wow. What could it be?

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

iWatch