+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Easily Customize Mac OS X Lion with Lion Tweaks

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Easily Customize Mac OS X Lion with Lion Tweaks

When Apple released Mac OS X Lion into the world, they altered many of the most familiar ways that we interact with our computers. Lion may be Apple’s latest and greatest operating system, but some of the changes can take some getting used to, especially for life-long Mac users.

That’s where Lion Tweaks comes in. Simply install the program and you’ll be able to customize many of the more annoying new user interface elements that Apple introduced with Lion. Simply click a few yes or no buttons and you’re good to go. It really doesn’t get any easier than this.

According to the developer, Lion Tweaks “allows you to customize and correct certain annoying new features in Mac OS X 10.7.” Lion Tweaks was written by Fredrik W., a 16 year old independent developer living in Norway. He currently has another eight utility apps available on his website, all of which are free.

Many of the tweaks available in Lion Tweaks have already been available online for some time now. The real beauty of this application is that you don’t have to go to the Terminal app to use them. Using Terminal commands can just be too daunting for some users.

If you’ve been hesitant to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion because of the changes that Apple has introduced with this version, have no fear, Lion Tweaks has you covered. It may not fix everything that’s wrong with Lion, but it’ll make you feel right at home in no time. Hopefully, Apple will issue an update in the near future to fix a few of Lion’s more nagging issues.

Source: Cult of Mac

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

Still trying to find a way to disable that rubber-band bouncing effect while scrolling. No, disabling inertia scrolling does not fix it.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 832 Posts

Nvm
    Last edited by dsg; 08-22-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    one thing i hope they fix is different settings for mouse and trackpad, cause sometimes i do use my trackpad when my mouse is plugged in, because of this, lion uses the same settings for my mouse on my trackpad. this might not seem like a problem to you, but I've grown used to the "natural scrolling" feature on the trackpad. but with my mouse is plugged in, the trackpad will follow the same settings as the mouse, which in turn turns off natural scrolling, which gets annoying after awhile. and i know people are going to say "just unplug the mouse whenever you use the trackpad" as much as i use the trackpad for mission control and such other functions. i don't think you would want to do that. whoa, i just made a big ***** wall of rant text. Oh well, hope the fix that.

Thanks

My biggest and loudest complaint with Lion is the new way Expose Spaces works. The way Apple implemented it before was fluid mathematical and a multitaskers dream. IE: me. Now it's just clumsy and more work has to be done just to switch windows to another Space. If anybody knows a tweak to fix this I'm listening.

Green Apple
    Thanks

change launchpad background doesnt work right

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I thought it pretty lane that by default the status bar was not on. Oh!! And MY BIGGEST is, the little oval that allowed you to turn off the side bar and toolbar in finder... Where the he'll is it?!?? When you open an install DMG that has those things turned off it's a pain in tha %?\¥~*€\! to get them to show... And the scroll bars still move in the old way, and when used with natural scrolling it looks so in natural... Ur hand and the page move up but the bar moves down. Wtf.