Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Limiting New Customers to Unlimited Texting Plans or Pay Per Text

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Another way for AT&T to screw customers, texting isn't even done over the data network, it doesn't cost them anything extra.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
    Don't go to crazy with you unlimited text plan because thy will accuse you of texting from another device and then throttle your text's if you go over there soft cap they don't tell you about.
    Lol. I already see it. "Your texting from a PC! You now have a 2000 text limit!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Many people believe that money, fame, or beauty will make them happy... Hence, they pursue such things only to find that happiness eludes them.

My guess is that AT$T is getting ready for iOS5 and iMessage that will allow all of our iDevices to text each other for free (data rates apply).

Quote Originally Posted by Extremador View Post
    That's where Textfree comes in. All these companies offering free texting services are going to be getting a lot more money probably. I've been texting for 2 months using Textfree, and it's basically the same as using regular texting.

Just keep ******* your customers in the *** at&t, maybe daddy's little rich girls will like it, but us straight guys who work hard for our money will keep enjoying T-Mobiles pussy

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Heard they did away with the 1500 plan that I got.

My costs for having an AT&T "Family Plan " are closing in on
    my mortgage costs for my home!
    Seems to me that these " major carriers " should be taking notice to all the pre- paid type of deals going on these days. I know and work with
    many people who use this type of service and are very pleased with it.
    While I have no personal experience,
    the Monthly bottom line seems very attractive...

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

F-ing pigs. THIS is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE Google voice.

Thanks

I actually don't mind unlimited txt cause its still cheaper for Us. I'm on a Family Plan with 3 iPhones all with unlimited Data & still pay less than $206.00 a Month. So it's all good from my perspective.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    The downside of these free texting companies is that you don't get texts to your actual number (that I have seen anyway). For those that use texts for social reasons, this is acceptable. For those who need it to stay in touch with coworkers, etc. this isn't the most convenient way to do things. I have a home number, and a mobile number. last thing people need is a texting number. Most people would likely just look at mobile number and shoot a text there anyway.
    Right, but you get your OWN dedicated number from using Textfree. When I give people my number, I give them my main one and my Textfree number. It's basically like those business types that have two phones (or a work phone and a personal phone). If people really want to reach you they will text the number that they know you will answer from. Everyone I used to text with my regular number I now text with Textfree, and I have no problems. Even new people I meet. For *new* customers, all they have to do is tell people their 2 numbers. Now, this would basically only be for any devices where Textfree is available, so a lot of new AT&T customers will get screwed.

But hey, 200 messages at $9.99 equals $0.20 anyway, so paying 20 cents a text isn't ridiculous - as long as you don't go over 200 a month.

Either way, this is incredibly ridiculous. How the hell do you force people to either pay $20 dollars or pay $0.20 for each text? Let's HOPE Verizon doesn't keep following AT&T's footsteps or we'll all be doomed.
    Last edited by Extremador; 08-19-2011 at 03:03 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

ATT Blows. Simple as that.

This is OT but why the F are there ads playing automatically on this page with full sound without the ability to stop, mute or pause the video? I was in another tab when the ad started playing and I'm wondering where the hell it's coming from, and I finally find it on this thread and I can't stop it or pause it or mute it. Knock that crap off.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    This is OT but why the F are there ads playing automatically on this page with full sound without the ability to stop, mute or pause the video? I was in another tab when the ad started playing and I'm wondering where the hell it's coming from, and I finally find it on this thread and I can't stop it or pause it or mute it. Knock that crap off.
    I'm not trying to derail the topic by replying, but I agree. That is complete BS. Perhaps I have music playing while I browse the web, and it's interrupting, or someone in the room is on the phone. Web pages should NEVER start sound without the user initiating it through some action (like clicking a play button). I will be enabling AdBlock Plus for ModMyI until this is resolved.
    -FBIRyuJin

Google Voice is the answer for me for now. I give my GV number out as my business number, and my friends know to text or call me on that number by now.

On my JB phone, I use the SMS GV Extension and the Phone GV Extension to make using Google Voice seamless.

Soon they'll limit the unlimited text messaging plan like the unlimited data plan. Unlimited really isn't unlimited to AT&T lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremador View Post

But hey, 200 messages at $9.99 equals $0.20 anyway, so paying 20 cents a text isn't ridiculous - as long as you don't go over 200 a month.
    uhhh no. 200 texts at $10 is 5 cents each. At 20 cents 200 texts costs FORTY dollars! Absolutely insane!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12