Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Goes on the Offensive Sues Apple Over Everything

Yea because an uprising would just make the law enforcers interpret the laws differently just to satisfy an angry mob.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Sue you, sue me, sue everybody! It's the American way!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brab View Post
    Yea because an uprising would just make the law enforcers interpret the laws differently just to satisfy an angry mob.
    Falsifying evidence got Apple the injunction it needed against Samsung.
    And why should the patents HTC own hold any less value than Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by ventodivino View Post
    LOL @ a taiwanese company suing an american company. this should be considered.
    Why is it funny a Taiwanese company suing an American company? Are you suggesting American government will not enforce laws because America is above the law?
    Last edited by unison999; 08-18-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    This will lead to nothing. HTC can try to get back at Apple but lets be honest Apples products are not going to get banned. There would be an uprising of Apple users if it ever did happen and I would say things wouldn't get pretty.
    Your reasoning is horribly flawed. The reaction of product owners is absolutely irrelevant. The courts don't just decide "this will piss off too many owners, therefor we'll just rule in favor of Apple here" If it is ruled that Apple infringed on HTC's patents, there will likely be a payoff and/or contract deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzz501 View Post
    On the same note. Does anyone recall what the biggest baddest smartphone was prior to the iPhone? It was HTC's tilt. Which ran an incredibly clunky GUI, there were a few 3rd party apps which were very difficult to install and even buggier than the windows OS itself. The Internet was amazing for the time but horribly slow compared to today's standards which wouldnt be where it is if not for the iPhones popularity. Would we have mobile sites now? Possibly but iPhone users demanded it and apple delivered.
    Thank you apple for the iPhone. Which by the way no carrier would pick up because "who in their right mind would spend that much for a phone." -thank you AT&T.
    Apple implemented a touch screen and GUI that was extremely easy to navigate and use, and required no stylist.

Let's just face the facts. No mobile device would be what it is today if not for apple.
    I think you are giving a little too much credit to Apple. Just before the iPhone hit the streets (let's say a year or so) smartphones, namely blackberries, started getting pretty popular with the "average Joe" (read: non-businessmen) crowd. In short, Apple's product shaped today's cell phone's like Pacific Bell's first mobile phone shaped the industry (and other in between). Those before Apple expect their patents to be respected and used under license only.

Apple has certainly changed the playing field, just like contributions of smartphone manufacturers did prior to that. It is largely irrelevant that Apple's UI is smoother or better in every way one can imagine than HTC's is, was, or ever will be. What we are talking about here is patent infringement. FWIW all of Apple's patents HTC was guilty of infringing existed long before (10+ years) the iPhone. The point is, it doesn't matter. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily. But if Apple gets their day in the sun, so should HTC.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 08-18-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple had this coming..

Livin the iPhone Life deathbybunnies6's Avatar
    Thanks

How could apple have infringed on something that had before that company? Apple's iOS looks nearly the same as it was when it was launched, and when the first htc android phone was launched a little after the iPhone, it looked like sh*t and very closely resembled iOS 1.0 because it was running on the default android os. So if anybody should be getting sued, it should be google. Google's os clearly is meant to resemble iOS.
    My Themes

HTC HD2 HTC 1 HTC Sensation

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    This will lead to nothing. HTC can try to get back at Apple but lets be honest Apples products are not going to get banned. There would be an uprising of Apple users if it ever did happen and I would say things wouldn't get pretty.
    So what your saying there is, that if HTC win Apple fanboys/girls will rise up & moan because Apple broke the law? I'm sorry but it's not one way for Apple & another for every other company in the world, you break the law you pay for it, simple.

I for one will not rise up I'm sorry but iOS has gone stagnant, I have owned an Apple device since the first gen iPod right up to the iphone4 & iPad & it's the same OS I want something new something that's not the same every year.

I personally think this is why Apple sue so much as more & more people will realise this as time goes on & look else where, but if Apple stop the competition then were stuck.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

The funny thing is when apple gets an injunction against competitors than that is exciting!!!
    When the competitor tries to get the same because apple infringe their patents than the whole thing is boring!!

LoL

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Your reasoning is horribly flawed. The reaction of product owners is absolutely irrelevant. The courts don't just decide "this will piss off too many owners, therefor we'll just rule in favor of Apple here" If it is ruled that Apple infringed on HTC's patents, there will likely be a payoff and/or contract deal.

I think you are giving a little too much credit to Apple. Just before the iPhone hit the streets (let's say a year or so) smartphones, namely blackberries, started getting pretty popular with the "average Joe" (read: non-businessmen) crowd. In short, Apple's product shaped today's cell phone's like Pacific Bell's first mobile phone shaped the industry (and other in between). Those before Apple expect their patents to be respected and used under license only.

Apple has certainly changed the playing field, just like contributions of smartphone manufacturers did prior to that. It is largely irrelevant that Apple's UI is smoother or better in every way one can imagine than HTC's is, was, or ever will be. What we are talking about here is patent infringement. FWIW all of Apple's patents HTC was guilty of infringing existed long before (10+ years) the iPhone. The point is, it doesn't matter. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily. But if Apple gets their day in the sun, so should HTC.

Completely agree with you, nice replies!!!!!

Could not have expressed it better myself!!!!!!
    Last edited by merismus; 08-19-2011 at 03:29 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant wait how this ends

Quote Originally Posted by ventodivino View Post
    LOL @ a taiwanese company suing an american company. this should be considered.
    Whats wrong with Taiwanese? Dont be racist and be smart. Dont be stupid to give comment.

Sue sue sue... Apple did stupid, HTC does is only react what apple has done to them.
    Apple, if you can win the competition, please be fair. Android already won the battle and now Apple just play politic under the law.
    Nowdays I'm thinking Steve Jobs and his apple start act like George Bush.
    Steve Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    i cant wait how this ends
    I believe it will end after Apple killing everyone and make this world be apple customer, just like what microsoft did.
    Last edited by delsey; 08-19-2011 at 03:45 PM.

HTC gotta try everything they can, with Google buying Motorola that puts them outside the Droid loop now. This will not amount to anything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple should Buy HTC and Google and b done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ja808hi View Post
    Apple should Buy HTC and Google and b done with them.
    they cant. thank god they cant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12