+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Losing iAd Chief in Latest Executive Departure

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Losing iAd Chief in Latest Executive Departure

For being one of the world's most profitable and iconic companies, top executives certainly appear to be in a hurry to bolt from Cupertino. Yes, we're back with another executive departure to report. This time, it's Andy Miller, the individual in charge of iAd, Apple’s mobile ads platform.

As The Wall Street Journal's All Things Digital reported Wednesday morning, Andy Miller is a very high-profile executive with Apple who joined the company as VP of mobile advertising following his work at Quattro Wireless, which he co-founded five years ago.

As you may recall, Apple would go on to acquire Quattro Wireless in 2010 for $275 million. Apple, however, had already acquired the services of Miller.

So why is the iAd boss reportedly leaving the iDevice-making tech giant? According to today's published reports, Miller will become a general partner at Highland Capital, a Boston-based venture firm that - you guessed it - initially funded Quattro Wireless.

Apple now has another key executive to replace.

In recent months, Apple has been preoccupied with having to find replacements for no shortage of vital team members, including Ron Johnson, Apple's former retail chief who is leaving to become CEO of JC Penney, and Allison Johnson, Apple's vice president of worldwide marketing communications. Johnson, we're told, was so high up that she reported directly to Steve Jobs himself.

Source: All Things Digital

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Meh

Thanks

ya, i have a feeling that whole magical ad platform they dreamt up never really took hold like they hoped it would. I honestly can't remember seeing a single ad in the way they were promising it was going to perform.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"Locationgate" is too blame! How successful would delivering ads be if they can't use your exact location? Think about it...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, this report is ridiculous. The iAd program has not been successful. It has been mocked and criticized. Not to mention it is extremely high priced. I highly doubt Apple is loosing anything other than an executive that clearly was unable to bring results to the table. As for the other execs leaving, if I was offered a CEO position, and the timing was right, why stay at a company where you know there is no chance you will ever be CEO. These twisted news reports are getting crazy. Maybe MMI writers should start using multiple sources when writing.