+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.7.1

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
On Tuesday afternoon, Apple released Mac OS X 10.7.1 (yes, without having first issued a test build to developers). The release represents Apple's first security and maintenance update for Lion,
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.7.1

On Tuesday afternoon, Apple released Mac OS X 10.7.1 (yes, without having first issued a test build to developers). The release represents Apple's first security and maintenance update for Lion, the hugely popular operating system that was released less than one month ago.

The update in question delivers tweaked Wi-Fi reliability and, according to Apple, resolutions for bugs and other bothersome glitches related to audio.

The update, which is available now via Software Update:
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
    • Resolves an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
    • Improves the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
    • Resolves an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
    Additionally, Apple also pushed out a version of OS X 10.7.1 tailored specifically to the newest MacBook Air and Mac mini models. This update includes the following fixes:
    • Resolves an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached
    • Resolves an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air
    • Resolves an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media
    Per Apple's usual encouragement, the company says the 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

It is weird that Apple didn't fix these issues in the Beta.

Thanks

I just got a request to DL the update to test today. Go figure that one out.

(I had just finished installing the official update on my working Lion when the the email came offering it for my testing Lion.)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    Yeah it kinda sucks because i want to install 10.7.1 to fix some issues but I'm running 10.7.2 beta so i can't now. I'm guessing apple will release a new build of 10.7.2 that includes these fixes for us running 10.7.2 beta.

Thanks

That's why I have a beta on an external HD partition and my actual Lion on my "real" HD
    Senior

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    That's why I have a beta on an external HD partition and my actual Lion on my "real" HD
    I should have done that but if I did I know I would only use the official version instead anyways and it would be pointless for me to install the beta. I like the risk of betas. I had iOS 5 beta on my main iPhone as well but I missed the untethered jailbreak so I went back to 4.3.3 lol.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    They still humans... nobody is perfect
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    They still humans... nobody is perfect
    Apple is a corporation, an "it." The engineers are people. Apple is an it, not a they.
    Senior

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Just downgraded back to snow leopard from lion. Don't like how hot my 2009 MacBook pro is getting. Also can use the keyboard, trackpad, camera, and speakers with an external monitor as the main screen. They should have fixed the clamshell mode issue on the latest update.
    Also I upgraded before checking to see if Pro Tools was supported and what do you know it doesn't work. I'll stick with SL until they make the necessary adjustments.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    Just downgraded back to snow leopard from lion. Don't like how hot my 2009 MacBook pro is getting. Also can use the keyboard, trackpad, camera, and speakers with an external monitor as the main screen. They should have fixed the clamshell mode issue on the latest update.
    Also I upgraded before checking to see if Pro Tools was supported and what do you know it doesn't work. I'll stick with SL until they make the necessary adjustments.
    +1

I don't see any fixes for Lion's 'constant fan/overheating' issue in that list