Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.7.1is a discussion within the
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
On Tuesday afternoon, Apple released Mac OS X 10.7.1 (yes, without having first issued a test build to developers). The release represents Apple's first security and maintenance update for Lion,...
08-16-2011, 02:43 PM #1
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.7.1
On Tuesday afternoon, Apple released Mac OS X 10.7.1 (yes, without having first issued a test build to developers). The release represents Apple's first security and maintenance update for Lion, the hugely popular operating system that was released less than one month ago.
The update in question delivers tweaked Wi-Fi reliability and, according to Apple, resolutions for bugs and other bothersome glitches related to audio.
The update, which is available now via Software Update:
- Addresses an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
- Resolves an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
- Improves the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- Resolves an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
- Resolves an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached
- Resolves an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air
- Resolves an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media
08-16-2011, 04:03 PM #2
It is weird that Apple didn't fix these issues in the Beta.
08-16-2011, 04:41 PM #3
I just got a request to DL the update to test today. Go figure that one out.
(I had just finished installing the official update on my working Lion when the the email came offering it for my testing Lion.)
08-16-2011, 07:59 PM #4
08-16-2011, 09:26 PM #5
That's why I have a beta on an external HD partition and my actual Lion on my "real" HDSenior
08-16-2011, 09:30 PM #6
08-16-2011, 11:10 PM #7
08-17-2011, 09:42 AM #8
08-17-2011, 11:05 AM #9
Just downgraded back to snow leopard from lion. Don't like how hot my 2009 MacBook pro is getting. Also can use the keyboard, trackpad, camera, and speakers with an external monitor as the main screen. They should have fixed the clamshell mode issue on the latest update.
Also I upgraded before checking to see if Pro Tools was supported and what do you know it doesn't work. I'll stick with SL until they make the necessary adjustments.
08-17-2011, 02:20 PM #10