+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Grand Central Terminal Store Now Being Built

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple's gargantuan retail erection inside New York's Grand Central Terminal is now underway, although most passers-by probably failed to notice the low-key work that commenced within the last few days.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple's Grand Central Terminal Store Now Being Built

Apple's gargantuan retail erection inside New York's Grand Central Terminal is now underway, although most passers-by probably failed to notice the low-key work that commenced within the last few days.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority has quietly released the renderings of the new Apple Store planned for Grand Central Terminal, on the agency's website.
    As the stunning image renderings suggest, Apple grandiose new retail location leaves the terminal's familiar structure largely unchanged from its recognizable early 1900's architecture and general demeanor. Right now, the only thing that detracts from this established beauty is the site of construction tools and scaffolding that litter the surrounding area.

According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple plans to open the store ahead of this year's holiday shopping season. The store will cover a massive 23,000 square-foot range - roughly 3,000 square feet more than Apple's current biggest stores.

Apple is moving into a space previously occupied by Charlie Palmer's Metrazur restaurant. Although the eatery is gone, Apple clearly has an appetite for the space, as made obvious by the tech giant's willingness to pay $1.1 million in rent. The previous occupant was only charged $263,997.

Source: The Real Deal New York Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Sjobs wipes his butt with 1.1 million.
    But I can't want for this store to open I will be making a trip!
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple's gargantuan erection... oh my!!!