+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Renderings of Future Apple Campus Emerge

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default New Renderings of Future Apple Campus Emerge

On Saturday, the world received an amazing new look at what the future home of Apple will look like.

City officials in Cupertino raised the curtain on images, details and renderings of the forthcoming 2.8 million square-foot circular office homestead that media reports have vastly likened to a ground-based spaceship. Among a veritable ocean of office space, the structure delivers a corporate auditorium capable of seating 1,000 people (possibly for future product and software revealings), with another 300,000 square feet dedicated to research space.

It's a pretty amazing building," Apple chief Steve Jobs told the Cupertino City Council last June when Apple pitched the development to city leaders. Apple recently purchased the 150 acres from Hewlett-Packard.

"It's a little like a spaceship landed, but there it is," Jobs says. "And it's got this gorgeous courtyard in the middle, but a lot more. It's a circle, and so its curved all the way around. As you know if you build things, this is not the cheapest way to build something. There is not a straight piece of glass in this building. It's all curved.

Completion of the new campus isn't expected until at least 2015.

Source: City of Cupertino, California

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The campus looks pretty cool, but aren't the renderings old news?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    There is not a straight piece of glass in this building. It's all curved.”
    Oh Really!?! How about the doors to the entrances, exits, offices, and office windows.....are their windows all curved glass to?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They should have just made the building in the shape of the Apple logo. Imagine seeing that from above.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Oh Really!?! How about the doors to the entrances, exits, offices, and office windows.....are their windows all curved glass to?
    It very well could be. It wouldn't be anything new. We had an old victorian style home that had curved double hung windows in it. And they were originals... This is an example of what I am talking about: http://www.clearywindowrestoration.c...ges/361a-3.jpg but these are modern reproductions. You can tell that these are modern by how smooth the glass is. The originals are hand blown glass and have a wavy appearance to them. A pain in the butt to look through and probably a bigger pain to make but still looked better than dropping flat or faceted windows in there would have been.
    Last edited by davshirley; 08-13-2011 at 10:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What's with MMI constantly posting old news? This "new" rendering can be seen on the Youtube video where Steve Jobs appears in front of Cupertino city councilmen...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh wow ok. I thought this news was about apple moving to China like most company's do nowadays.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is old news. I saw the video of this concept a few months ago when Steve Jobs defended Apple's plan with this campus.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boba7523 View Post
    What's with MMI constantly posting old news? This "new" rendering can be seen on the Youtube video where Steve Jobs appears in front of Cupertino city councilmen...
    There are people (like myself) who haven't heard of this yet. For those people, this is great. For those that know, keep moving, nothing to see here, yet you all seem to gravitate towards complaining anyway.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I think it depend on big the building was going to be and sharp the curves are. I think if the building was bug enough it might not need curves windows and door. Kind of like those dome houses that you see every once in awhile.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    There are people (like myself) who haven't heard of this yet. For those people, this is great. For those that know, keep moving, nothing to see here, yet you all seem to gravitate towards complaining anyway.
    Agreed. Not all of us have hours to waste at the computer each day. MMi does a great job of gathering new and slightly old news from across the web and putting it in one place for those of us that have things to do during the day.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Come on, everybody knows there aren't any doors. You simply teleport from the outside in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone *-*hihihehe*-*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Yup, our moneys are part of that circular building with an Apple on top.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Agreed. Not all of us have hours to waste at the computer each day. MMi does a great job of gathering new and slightly old news from across the web and putting it in one place for those of us that have things to do during the day.
    Normally I would agree, however, I always check after I get off work if there is anything new on front page. This subject line on front page suggests apple made a design change from their original plans of the new campus which they did not. This is simply re-reporting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boba7523 View Post
    Whats with MMI users constantly pointing out irrelevant comments? Why go out of your way to criticize the OP... Just simply don't respond.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Whats with MMI users constantly pointing out irrelevant comments? Why go out of your way to criticize the OP... Just simply don't respond.
    +1

Thanks

Wonder if the apple tree on the right will be included lol...