+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: German Court to Hear Samsung-Apple Dispute on August 25th

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
On Tuesday, MMi reported that Apple has been granted a preliminary injunction against Samsung's Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1., the result of which leaves the tablet effectively barred from distribution across
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default German Court to Hear Samsung-Apple Dispute on August 25th

On Tuesday, MMi reported that Apple has been granted a preliminary injunction against Samsung's Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1., the result of which leaves the tablet effectively barred from distribution across most of the European Union.

A few hours ago, the Wall Street Journal confirmed that Samsung will go to court on August 25th to appeal the aforementioned decision, which - for obvious reasons - stands to hurt Samsung's business across the majority of the European continent.

The device--released earlier this summer, and which runs on Google Inc.'s Android operating system--is widely considered to be the most promising competitor to Apple's iPad, which has dominated the market since its release last year. Apple claims Samsung copied its products.
    Naturally, the recent ruling did not sit well with Samsung and the company "looks forward to defending itself at the upcoming hearing." Regardless, Apple maintains that the Galaxy Tab is a blatant iPad rip-off that violates Apple's intellectual property.

Despite the high-profile legal wrangling across Europe, Apple is similarly seeking a comparable preliminary injunction against Samsung over the Galaxy Tab in Australia. For now, Samsung is holding off on launching the tablet "Down Under" until that matter is resolved.

Source: WSJ

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple really are the dark side in this battle alright.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Apple really are the dark side in this battle alright.
    Apple Is Defending what is rightfully theirs "Patents etc." I wish Apple all the best and hopefully the destroy Samsung in open Court, maybe it will finally teach Samsung a lesson. But for now,
    Apple=1 Samsung=ZERO

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PolishHacker View Post
    Apple Is Defending what is rightfully theirs "Patents etc." I wish Apple all the best and hopefully the destroy Samsung in open Court, maybe it will finally teach Samsung a lesson. But for now,
    Apple=1 Samsung=ZERO
    You're happy with Apple being allowed to patent what is effectively the rectangle? You're happy with such a patent actually holding up in court and setting a precedent for a crap ton of more lawsuits because things look like other things?
    This is the patent btw Community Design 000181607-0001

Apple claim the Galaxy Tab "looks" like the iPad. Tell me, how many ways can a tablet device look? Why has Apple not filed injunctions against the dozens of other tablet manufacturers? What lesson exactly will Samsung learn?

It's wrong that such a patent can be awarded, but probably a nice thick brown envelope was delivered to the patent office. It's also scummy that Apple only cry to the courts when they get threatened by superior products when they should suck it up and develop a better product to beat competitors.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple=1 Samsung=ZERO
    And exactly which parts of the features did Samsung rip off?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apple=1 Samsung=ZERO

over a rectangle? if i crap a rectangle, am i infringing on that patent too? should i be sued for it?
    Last edited by BlackRaider; 08-12-2011 at 07:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apples just afraid of fair competition

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple=1 Samsung=ZERO
    Polish, I don't think you understand the whole thing. I think you should read up everything before you post dummy. The case is base of design. With that being said it does not come close. A tablet is a tablet. Apple is just hating because they can't keep up with Android sales for the past 2 quarters. Right now they have issues with HTC, and Samsung. Those are the 2 companies putting a great fight.

Sadly, apple needs to put these companies in court to buy themselves time for the iPad 3 and other devices they release to match there compitition. Once the injection is heard, Samsung will win the case and able to sell there devices and apple would have brought themselves at least 3-4 weeks.

Apple sucks... I am just mad that I am a developer for them.

But fools like you ride apple like they are the best thing out there, when they are not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple=1 Samsung=ZERO
    Nonsense, if samsung copied the ipad design than ipad copied all the Digital photo frames around and all this Digital photo frame manufacturers should also be taken to court for copying the ipad right!!!!!!

You have no idea what you written here do you "PolishHacker", you are still very green behind the ears, get an education and learn about competitive markets and than you will know why products involve and get better every now and than, if Apple gets it the way they want than we will be stuck and you will be sure that the ipad or what ever product they exclusively manufacture will be boring for ever because there will be no innovation! YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT "PolishHacker" and this is also for all the other who do not understand why apple is wrong, Apple have absolutely no right to do anything like that as they are wrong and this will also be proved when Samsung will be given the right to sell their Galaxy tab from the 25th August onwards, Apple is the new "Inquisition", they will stop progress, you know they (Apple) never innovated, they have always shameless stolen all their ideas, but Samsung do have a real R&D and technology Emporium that allows them to innovate, create, invent and progress unlike Apple who is a pure copycat and dictatorship who only allows you to use their product, yes their product because even if you buy it, you will always have to behave with their products like apple wants you to because of all the restrictions they impose on their devices!!!

Its sad that a company that shamelessly copied and stole all their ideas from other companies to be where they are today are pointing at others because their products looks alike, what goes around comes around!!

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVILFRED View Post
    Polish, I don't think you understand the whole thing. I think you should read up everything before you post dummy. The case is base of design. With that being said it does not come close. A tablet is a tablet. Apple is just hating because they can't keep up with Android sales for the past 2 quarters. Right now they have issues with HTC, and Samsung. Those are the 2 companies putting a great fight.

Sadly, apple needs to put these companies in court to buy themselves time for the iPad 3 and other devices they release to match there compitition. Once the injection is heard, Samsung will win the case and able to sell there devices and apple would have brought themselves at least 3-4 weeks.

Apple sucks... I am just mad that I am a developer for them.

But fools like you ride apple like they are the best thing out there, when they are not.
    Interesting isn't it.........how when Apple sues another company it is because they are protecting what is "intellectually" theirs (allegedly), but when another company sues Apple it is because they are jealous and just want to dig into Apple's pocket.

Apparently "morality" only applies in cases that aim to benefit Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Before the iPad there was netbooks. When Steve Jobs presented the iPad, he made a point to come up with a device that would take over that market. Guess what?! He was right. Along comes Samsung and figures besides providing Apple parts for their new device, they figured they would COPY and make a tablet that looks like an iPad. They made a tablet to compete with Apple without the initial innovation or the research costs. I hope Samsung gets burned along with all the other companies that think they can catch a free ride on someone else's back. That goes for Google and their Android. At least Microsoft has some dignity to come up with a user interface that doesn't mimic iOS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkAloha View Post
    Before the iPad there was netbooks. When Steve Jobs presented the iPad, he made a point to come up with a device that would take over that market. Guess what?! He was right. Along comes Samsung and figures besides providing Apple parts for their new device, they figured they would COPY and make a tablet that looks like an iPad. They made a tablet to compete with Apple without the initial innovation or the research costs. I hope Samsung gets burned along with all the other companies that think they can catch a free ride on someone else's back. That goes for Google and their Android. At least Microsoft has some dignity to come up with a user interface that doesn't mimic iOS.

what? dude....i.. i dont even know how to respond to that.

if apple wins, we lose. thank about how competition works and you might learn something kid.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaider View Post
    what? dude....i.. i dont even know how to respond to that.

if apple wins, we lose. thank about how competition works and you might learn something kid.
    If Apple wins then Samsung and the other companies will have to develop their own device. That's competition. For example Apple refused to make the iPad smaller. Steve Jobs predicted that a 7" pad was too small. Dell and RIM didn't think so and now they are realizing they should have researched before spitting out a worthless device.

But then again why am bothering explaining this to you. Obviously you think it's ok to steal ideas or copy. In the end the courts will decide, not you or I.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i like the "small" tablets. it feels better then a giant *** ipad, and i like the OS on them.

and the "idea" here apple is saying they copied is a rectangle. A RECTANGLE.

if a rectangle works as an innovative idea, 2012 needs to be the real end of the world. cause humanity is useless and brain dead.
    Last edited by BlackRaider; 08-12-2011 at 10:09 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Really guys, lets be a little bit more clear. Apple is suing Samsung because their tablets and smarts phones resemble Apples products. According to Apple, "Samsungs devices include a rectangular case with rounded corners, the metallic edge and the thick, black bands that appear at the top and bottom of the iPhone and iPod Touch and all around the iPad. In addition to copying these, Samsung designed application icons for its devices that closely emulated Apple's icons for the phone, music player, notepad, contacts and settings functions, among others." If one was to google pics, one would definitely notice a resemblence in both products.

As for you guys arguing, you should both just stop. Unless both of you are lawyers of etheir company,you really don't have a clue as to what is really going on with this case. However, it does not take a genius to figured out that this lawsuit isn't about a matter of killing off the compitition. There are many others tablets on the market that Apple has not sued. If anything, the market is being flooded with new tablets. Many electronic stores are begining to have a "dedidacted tablet" section. This lawsuit is about intellectual property, and most importantly, money.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirkAloha View Post
    I had no idea you knew the inner workings of fortune 500 companies. And the reason Samsung "waited" was because they couldn't mass produce a tablet then; they were to busy producing one already for Apple!

Thanks

Everyday im suing...

Green Apple
    Thanks

In my opinion Apple is going so further with this, they have to think that they depends 100% from Asianīs part and Koreanīs parts if suddenly they are piss with this situation they can stop to supply parts to Apple and ……. F… Apple, or the other tablets and phone manufactures ( a lot of them) can join together against Apple and this will be really bad for all ….

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

What? Proof read please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaider View Post
    i like the "small" tablets. it feels better then a giant *** ipad, and i like the OS on them.

and the "idea" here apple is saying they copied is a rectangle. A RECTANGLE.

if a rectangle works as an innovative idea, 2012 needs to be the real end of the world. cause humanity is useless and brain dead.
    The only person that's brain dead is yourself, how about you delete your account of Modmyi and join some other ga*y fan site like Samsung, Windows etc. It people like you that disgust me for even being on this website, grow some balls and leave this website if all you do is write BS!, You are probably just too poor to afford any Apple products, so thats why you spend your valuable time writing BS and trashing Apple.