Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: German Court to Hear Samsung-Apple Dispute on August 25th

Quote Originally Posted by PolishHacker View Post
    The only person that's brain dead is yourself, how about you delete your account of Modmyi and join some other ga*y fan site like Samsung, Windows etc. It people like you that disgust me for even being on this website, grow some balls and leave this website if all you do is write BS!, You are probably just too poor to afford any Apple products, so thats why you spend your valuable time writing BS and trashing Apple.
    He is entitled to his opinion. If he does not like Apple products then that is his loss. However, spreading propaganda like Apple is suing over the shape 'rectangle" is nonsense. This members problem is he/she doesn't actually read reputable reports, and in turn bash's Apple over the twisted information he has. I find it amusing! I mean, this poster called the I pad a "Giant." Its 9.7 inches........how is that huge? Anything smaller and you might as well just rock the phone!

Quote Originally Posted by PolishHacker View Post
    The only person that's brain dead is yourself, how about you delete your account of Modmyi and join some other ga*y fan site like Samsung, Windows etc. It people like you that disgust me for even being on this website, grow some balls and leave this website if all you do is write BS!, You are probably just too poor to afford any Apple products, so thats why you spend your valuable time writing BS and trashing Apple.

i dont like any company in particular, i like products. if i like a RIM tablet over the xoom or ipad, im gonna get the RIM, i dont give a **** who made, as long as i like it. sorry for not being a fanboy/fangirl, but i like a veriaty in life.

oh so modmyi is a ga*y fan site as well huh?

also, the ipad is gient compared the the smaller tablets. learn some ****
    Last edited by BlackRaider; 08-13-2011 at 12:06 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackRaider For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (08-13-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

if you think that Samsung Copied the iPad 2, then take a look at this Samsung digital picture frame stores pics, movies, music -- Engadget which was released back in 2006 !! looks familiar doesn't it?

I swear I wish I was one of Google's patent lawyers. after showing the judge the above device, Id show him the following devices.

2006: Samsung Q1
    2007:Samsung Q2 UMPC
    2008: Samsung Q1 Ultra UMPC
    2009: Samsung Q1EX UMPC
    2010: Samsung Galaxy Tab
    2011: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

your honor, what you see here is a design Samsung has been busy with for a minimum of 4 years before there ever was such a thing as an iPad, In fact your honor, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 evolved directly from the Q1EX, the Galaxy Tab and pays homage to the "look and feel" of their picture frame.

then Id sit back and watch Apple's patent lawyers scratch their heads preparing their rebuttal that Samsung has copied the "look and feel" of the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Apple really are the dark side in this battle alright.
    if you think that Samsung Copied the iPad 2, then take a look at this Samsung digital picture frame stores pics, movies, music -- Engadget which was released back in 2006 !! looks familiar doesn't it?

I swear I wish I was one of Google's patent lawyers. after showing the judge the above device, Id show him the following devices.

2006: Samsung Q1
    2007:Samsung Q2 UMPC
    2008: Samsung Q1 Ultra UMPC
    2009: Samsung Q1EX UMPC
    2010: Samsung Galaxy Tab
    2011: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

your honor, what you see here is a design Samsung has been busy with for a minimum of 4 years before there ever was such a thing as an iPad, In fact your honor, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 evolved directly from the Q1EX, the Galaxy Tab and pays homage to the "look and feel" of their picture frame.

then Id sit back and watch Apple's patent lawyers scratch their heads preparing their rebuttal that Samsung has copied the "look and feel" of the iPad.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 08-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (08-13-2011)

I looked at each of the models you posted. The first four are bricks. They look nothing like either iPad 1st Gen or the iPad 2 and of course the Galaxy Tabs. Probably didn't sell well either. The Samsung Galaxy Tab looks like the iPad 1st Gen....imagine that. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 also looks like the iPad 2.....funny isn't it. Now the question is why didn't Samsung continue making the previous brick models?.....they are original Samsung designs. When Apple presented the original iPad there was a lot speculation that it wouldn't do well. Did Samsung release the Galaxy Tab then? No they didn't because it didn't exist. Samsung released it in the US November 2010. Apple released the iPad April 2010 and annouced it Janaury 27, 2010.
    Your defense is lacking.
    Last edited by DirkAloha; 08-13-2011 at 04:05 PM.

When will the makers of the photo displays sue apple for staling the look they have , which if you switch off an ipad and put it next to them looks the same, apple are just trying to kill android as its more popular on mobile devices than ios , all apple are doing is hurting development and in the end will loose all the well ernt respect it has , i love apple products but now hate the company. There is room for all systems in the mobile world , and choice shoulx be allowed , even cnet which love apple are now saying the company is going too far with its actions , i have seen a galaxy tab 10.1 and it does not look or feel anything like an ipad 1or 2 , all apple are doing is making people want a galaxy tab , so in the end they will hurt the ipad sales

This article image is an epic fail. Get some professionals, MMi.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirkAloha View Post
    I looked at each of the models you posted. The first four are bricks. They look nothing like either iPad 1st Gen or the iPad 2 and of course the Galaxy Tabs. Probably didn't sell well either. The Samsung Galaxy Tab looks like the iPad 1st Gen....imagine that. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 also looks like the iPad 2.....funny isn't it. Now the question is why didn't Samsung continue making the previous brick models?.....they are original Samsung designs. When Apple presented the original iPad there was a lot speculation that it wouldn't do well. Did Samsung release the Galaxy Tab then? No they didn't because it didn't exist. Samsung released it in the US November 2010. Apple released the iPad April 2010 and annouced it Janaury 27, 2010.
    Your defense is lacking.
    you obviously dont have an honest bone in your body. the Samsung Galaxy Tab looks exactly like the Samsung Photo Frame. the iPad looks exactly like the Samsung Photo Frame, if you deny this then not only are you dishonest but you're probably just an ignorant moron who will go on and on about this.

you say the Samsung Galaxy Tab looks like the first gen ipad ?? look at the ipad, the galaxy tab and the Q1EX, the tab looks like the Q1EX which was released in 2009. look at the Samsung Photo Frame from the front, if the words Samsung wasnt on the front, you would think that that was the Tab 10.1 and the photo frame came out 4 years before an ipad.

If I photoshop out the words Samsung from the photo frame, you and 100 other dummies would think it was an iPad but then when you're told its a Samsung product from 2006 you come back with the lame arguments about it being a brick, it didnt sell well, blah blah blah.

there is a reason why Android phones are outselling apple by almost 2 to 1., there is a reason why Android tablets have taken a 20% (some say 30%) chunk out of apple's 90% in just one year !! they're better. they offer choice and they're loaded with features you will never find on an apple idevice.

everything about Android is growing at a phenomenal rate, from its smartphone market share to its tablet market share to its app store growth rate which is something like in the hundreds of percent.

these numbers are not the numbers you would get from an inferior product, you and steve jobs know it.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    you obviously dont have an honest bone in your body. the Samsung Galaxy Tab looks exactly like the Samsung Photo Frame. the iPad looks exactly like the Samsung Photo Frame, if you deny this then not only are you dishonest but you're probably just an ignorant moron who will go on and on about this.

you say the Samsung Galaxy Tab looks like the first gen ipad ?? look at the ipad, the galaxy tab and the Q1EX, the tab looks like the Q1EX which was released in 2009. look at the Samsung Photo Frame from the front, if the words Samsung wasnt on the front, you would think that that was the Tab 10.1 and the photo frame came out 4 years before an ipad.

If I photoshop out the words Samsung from the photo frame, you and 100 other dummies would think it was an iPad but then when you're told its a Samsung product from 2006 you come back with the lame arguments about it being a brick, it didnt sell well, blah blah blah.

there is a reason why Android phones are outselling apple by almost 2 to 1., there is a reason why Android tablets have taken a 20% (some say 30%) chunk out of apple's 90% in just one year !! they're better. they offer choice and they're loaded with features you will never find on an apple idevice.

everything about Android is growing at a phenomenal rate, from its smartphone market share to its tablet market share to its app store growth rate which is something like in the hundreds of percent.

these numbers are not the numbers you would get from an inferior product, you and steve jobs know it.
    Did it feel good to let that number 2 out?

Bro, i could not agree more with you, thanks for putting all these words here on "modmyi" as you just posted what i wanted to put down here as a reply!!!

Great post!!

Quote Originally Posted by EVILFRED View Post
    Apple sucks... I am just mad that I am a developer for them.
    Then, stop developing for them, and see how much money you'll lose. This is not even a patent case but a trademark one. People trademark things like this all the time. Logos, names, shape of their products. This is a market apple essentially created. 18 months ago, people made fun of then when ipad was released. Essentially they all laugh saying it was a big iphone. Now with all the ipad success, everyone is jumping in with me too products. Too bad for them, because apple trademark the look and shape of the ipad. They are not doing anything illegal here, just defending their turf.

Quote Originally Posted by jrrtps View Post
    In my opinion Apple is going so further with this, they have to think that they depends 100% from Asianīs part and Koreanīs parts if suddenly they are piss with this situation they can stop to supply parts to Apple and ……. F… Apple, or the other tablets and phone manufactures ( a lot of them) can join together against Apple and this will be really bad for all ….
    You obviously have no idea about how business work. Why would they do that. Apple is most likely their biggest customer. You think they want to lose this account because their are pissed.
    Last edited by toukale; 08-14-2011 at 08:18 AM.

If Apple wins then Samsung and the other companies will have to develop their own device. That's competition. For example Apple refused to make the iPad smaller. Steve Jobs predicted that a 7" pad was too small. Dell and RIM didn't think so and now they are realizing they should have researched before spitting out a worthless device.

But then again why am bothering explaining this to you. Obviously you think it's ok to steal ideas or copy. In the end the courts will decide, not you or I.
    Obviously Steve Jobs thinks it's ok to steal ideas too. He's been quoted saying it many times about how shameless he is when he does it. IOS 5 is becoming a lot like Android with the new notification system, and the look of their new voice-to-text feature. Let's see what else they "borrow". Apple isn't the most innovative company, they just "borrow" other peoples ideas or buy them from other companies. They're great at marketing it though.

iOS and Facetime Apple licenses iOS trademark from Cisco; purchases FaceTime trademark flat out*|*Edible Apple

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone, and an iPhone4. There's no confusing the two, although the original iPhone looks a lot like a previously existing Samsung phone. Log In | Facebook

I understand that innovation comes through inspiration. Even using other people's ideas. That's life. Listen to popular music, and you hear it all the time. It just looks really shameful on Apple's part that they're crying about Android's growth by doing what they've been doing for years.

P.S. They're going after Motorola for the Zoom now too. They even went after a company last year for making a round projector and calling it the Video Pod, saying they own the word Pod.
    Apple sues startup over "pod" name | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
    Funny, Line 6 has been making Pod products for guitar since 95ish. I wonder who really owns that?

You're comparing an Apple iPad with a Samsung photo frame. Are you an idiot?!
    The reason Android phones are outselling iPhones is because the cell carriers offer them at discount rates or bundle them 2 for 1. Again you must be an idiot.

Apple is the leader in innovation. Samsung is a follower.

"tablet market share to its app store growth rate which is something like in the..." Where do you get this?! iPads are outselling any tablet out there. Apple has the lead.

Obviously you're a droid lover. Keep playing with it. I'll keep using Apple devices because I can afford them.

By the way, moron, Apple first developed the iPad before the iPhone.

"Jobs later said that Apple began developing the iPad before the iPhone, but temporarily shelved the effort upon realizing that its ideas would work just as well in a mobile phone"

Cool Samsung copied Apple, plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaider View Post
    i like the "small" tablets. it feels better then a giant *** ipad, and i like the OS on them.

and the "idea" here apple is saying they copied is a rectangle. A RECTANGLE.

if a rectangle works as an innovative idea, 2012 needs to be the real end of the world. cause humanity is useless and brain dead.
    Well, maybe you and about a few dozen other people like the small tablets because they aren't selling very well.

The suit is about a lot more than just a rectangle and you know it. Apple is going after Samsung because Samsung used their supplier position and knowledge of the iPhone/iPad specs to get a headstart copying those products. Apple is already lining up other suppliers to produce parts. Samsung is going to lose in more ways than one for biting the hand that feeds them.

You are entitled to your opinion, silly as it may be.

Banned
    Thanks

Things are about to get interesting.,

Google to gobble up Motorola Mobility for $12.5 Biggest buyout ever could knock Apple's iPhone from its perch ! Official Google Blog: Supercharging Android: Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility

Things are about to get interesting.,

Google to gobble up Motorola Mobility for $12.5 Biggest buyout ever could knock Apple's iPhone from its perch ! Official Google Blog: Supercharging Android: Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility

You're comparing an Apple iPad with a Samsung photo frame. Are you an idiot?!
    The reason Android phones are outselling iPhones is because the cell carriers offer them at discount rates or bundle them 2 for 1. Again you must be an idiot.

Apple is the leader in innovation. Samsung is a follower.

"tablet market share to its app store growth rate which is something like in the..." Where do you get this?! iPads are outselling any tablet out there. Apple has the lead.

Obviously you're a droid lover. Keep playing with it. I'll keep using Apple devices because I can afford them.

By the way, moron, Apple first developed the iPad before the iPhone.

"Jobs later said that Apple began developing the iPad before the iPhone, but temporarily shelved the effort upon realizing that its ideas would work just as well in a mobile phone"
    hey dumb @ss, owning an iPhone is not a status symbol., and I can afford them too, two off them in fact.

I knew your response was going to be one of ignorance so let me break it down for you so its easier to digest.

the IP laswsuit apple filed against Samsung is in regards to the 10.1 having the "look and feel of the ipad" what I post was information which you could Google for yourself and see that the 10.1 looks EXACTLY like a Samsung product from 2006 !!! so please tell me HTF could they have copied the ipad when the iPad did NOT even exist.

the iPad looks EXACTLY like the Samsung Picture frame from the font.

the reason Android phones are outselling iPhones is because people want;

an open and more flexible OS
    use of their lock screen
    widgets
    dual core phones
    8mp cameras
    3D cameras
    Mini USB ports
    Micro SD card slots
    mini HDMI ports
    many different phones to choose from
    new phones to choose from every month
    the ability to install software on their devices from the web.

they don't want;

to be stuck with iTunes
    a closed and tightly controlled OS
    to have to jailbreak their phones voiding their warranty and rendering the phone buggy and laggy just so they can have basic features that come standard on Android phones.

Breaking News,

Apple may have tampered with evidence in case against Samsung.

Did Apple tamper with evidence in the German Apple v. Samsung case? | Android Central
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 08-15-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Default Apple was the First with the Best.

So you want to say that a photo frame (when it's unplugged & turned off) that is 1.5" thick with no touchscreen or OS or internal battery looks just like an iPad when it's also turned off? That's a whale of a stretch pal! Yeah, they are both rectangles with video screens but thats about it. Put them side by side and turn them both on and there's no comparison.

Sure, Android is growing at a phenomenal rate. Going from 1% mkt. share to 3% mkt. share is a 200% increase! That's not that impressive when you are starting out in single digits. The reason the Android tablets, from all makers, are selling at all is because they copied the iPad and added some features. Apple will add those features too, in their planned marketing strategy as they continue to dominate the market and the profits in smartphones and tablets. Apple is successful because they were the first with the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12