+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Not Pleased With Wave of Additional Fake Chinese Apple Stores

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
In recent weeks, MMi has chronicled the ongoing saga of fake Apple stores popping up in limited quantity around China. So elaborate are the stores in their look and feel
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Not Pleased With Wave of Additional Fake Chinese Apple Stores

In recent weeks, MMi has chronicled the ongoing saga of fake Apple stores popping up in limited quantity around China. So elaborate are the stores in their look and feel that it's nearly impossible to distinguish these clones from legitimate Apple retail stores.

Following a crack down earlier this summer, a handful of rip-off artists were shut down. But if you're under the impression that this problem is about to go away, think again. On Thursday, Reuters reported that approximately two-dozen additional unauthorized Apple retailers were caught in the act and swiftly shut down by authorities.

Sources close to Apple say the Cupertino, California-based tech giant is understandably displeased and a tad bit disturbed about the growing rash of fake Apple vendors and products that continue to cloud a burgeoning mobile market that Apple hopes to capitalize on to a substantial degree in the coming years.

In May, China was listed for the seventh year by the U.S. Trade Representative's office as a country with one of the worst records for preventing copyright theft, Reuters reports. But since China is so hungry for a bigger investment by Apple, it could very well be that China cleans up its shabby record on copyright protection - a reality that would benefit many companies from the US and around the world.

Source: Reuters

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

In recent weeks, MMi has chronicled the ongoing saga of fake Apple stores popping up in limited quantity around China. So elaborate are the stores in their look and feel that it's nearly impossible to distinguish these clones from legitimate Apple retail stores.

Following a crack down earlier this summer, a handful of rip-off artists were shut down. But if you're under the impression that this problem is about to go away, think again. On Thursday, Reuters reported that approximately two-dozen additional unauthorized Apple retailers were caught in the act and swiftly shut down by authorities.
    former Foxconn employees, or friends? or friends of friends?
    given the prevailing wage, and the way "local entrepreneurship" tends to work out there, it wouldn't much surprise me.

But since China is so hungry for a bigger investment by Apple, it could very well be that China cleans up its shabby record on copyright protection - a reality that would benefit many companies from the US and around the world.

Source: Reuters
    China gonna shut down its burgeoning copyvio shadow economy, just to woo Apple?

LOL @ that
    Last edited by raduga; 08-11-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Thanks

This is what Apple gets for doing business with China. I hope it blows up in their face. China is not a country or government that any country should be eager to do business with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    This is what Apple gets for doing business with China. I hope it blows up in their face. China is not a country or government that any country should be eager to do business with.
    No one should be eager to do business with them? They're practically the only country with a growing economy
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Chinese people have no soul all they care about is money.! Known fact! Hmm wait China sounds a lot like Apple! Haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkme93 View Post
    Chinese people have no soul all they care about is money.! Known fact! Hmm wait China sounds a lot like Apple! Haha
    Someone's asking for a infraction

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Someone's asking for a infraction
    or someone's Chinese, and knows

Edit:

Nope.
    Just a bigot.

100% AGREE!
    True American!
    Y does America ALWAYS have to help counties in need like Haiti, japan etc. They wouldn't help us & as a country we r struggling! We need to help ourselves b4 others. Donate Ur $ to local places not ppl who kill free willy & flipper! God bless them though
    Change ur picture Plz u look like this hairy Mexican cholo guy I hate haha xD
    Once u go black we don't want u back
    Last edited by raduga; 08-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 838 Posts

Heh, I'm not sure if he's bigoted, but he's definitely not politically correct.

And I'm not sure why you quoted "True American" and call that bigoted

Thanks

Gingers don't have souls....

China loves to make spin offs of brand name products...it's how they get their money.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Heh, I'm not sure if he's bigoted, but he's definitely not politically correct.

And I'm not sure why you quoted "True American" and call that bigoted
    Hard to read that without context.
    and quoting the full context would be way way too long.

the "true american" doesn't suggest bigot so much as it does suggest he wasn't trash-talking the Chinese, speaking as one himself (my initial impression).

Edit:
    his new avatar does suggest that he has green, scaly skin and lives under a bridge and throws rocks at people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Hard to read that without context.
    and quoting the full context would be way way too long.

the "true american" doesn't suggest bigot so much as it does suggest he wasn't trash-talking the Chinese, speaking as one himself (my initial impression).

Edit:
    his new avatar does suggest that he has green, scaly skin and lives under a bridge and throws rocks at people.
    Damn u must love me
    What's wrong with my avatar? That man was an entrepreneur! Haha

Thanks

Damn u must love me
    What's wrong with my avatar? That man was an entrepreneur! Haha
    What a DumbAzz

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
    Gingers don't have souls....

China loves to make spin offs of brand name products...it's how they get their money.
    Lol that's right, Gingies don't have souls! If there's one thing I've learned in life its that South Park is always right!

China is always going to be ripping off great products, especially one's that are selling like hot cakes at the time...(Apple products). You can go on ebay right now and buy a magic mouse or bluetooth keyboard for half the price Apple sells them for from China. Apple's going to have their hands busy for awhile!