Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileMe Users to Get 25GB of Storage Till June 2012

Default MobileMe Users to Get 25GB of Storage Till June 2012

MobileMe users have languished in uncertainty about what would happen to the 20GB of base storage they paid when iCloud finally goes live and the subsequent discontinuing of MobileMe in June of 2012.

Apple has finally broken the silence. Apple will automatically sign up MobileMe users to the 20GB (+5GB free) iCloud plan at no charge (normally $40/year). Automatically signing MobileMe users up to this tier for free covers the 20GB of storage Me users paid for with a years subscription to MobileMe.

Also, users will be automatically signed up for recurring billing set to start on June 30, 2012, the same day that MobileMe will be shut down. Users will be billed for the current $40/year tier they received for free during the previous period. It still isn't clear how fast users will burn through storage space utilizing iCloud's services, but MobileMe users wont be complaining of the extra 20GB of space they've been given. Even though they already paid for it.

Sourc: MacRumors

Source: MacRumors
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 08-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks

Very nice of apple

Green Apple
    Thanks

Probably so because I still get mail with my ".mac" address and .Mac has been gone for awhile. And besides "[email protected]" so much easier than "example@icloud".
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro

love u apple - a little something for sticking on with MobieMe !!!!! nice !!!!

isn't mobile me $100 for the year? so shouldn't everyone get the $99 tier? i mean its' awesome that they are doing this tho

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm disappointed that Preferences and Keychains will no longer be synced. I find it really handy to have both synced across my MBP and the house iMac.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I'm disappointed that Preferences and Keychains will no longer be synced. I find it really handy to have both synced across my MBP and the house iMac.
    are you serious? I didn't know that! I have to have my keychains synced! they've got to put that back in there. I know there's a lot of people that use mobile me now that will be disappointed like me.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

1Password will sync all your passwords much better.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Yeahh If they do drop keychain syncing i will have to use 1Password.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am so confused. How is Apple "giving" something to anybody? Aren;t they just giving you your 20 gigs of service that you already paid for plus the 5 gigs of free space that every Apple device owner is now given?

haha I love how people are like "ohhh cool Thanks Crapple for hooking me up" but in reality they are just baiting you in so that you get comfortable having that extra storage space then when your FREE time is up it you're gonna have to PAY to keep all that extra space that you have become accustomed to

so let me get this straight iCloud will open up in june next year
    ???

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    haha I love how people are like "ohhh cool Thanks Crapple for hooking me up" but in reality they are just baiting you in so that you get comfortable having that extra storage space then when your FREE time is up it you're gonna have to PAY to keep all that extra space that you have become accustomed to
    It's not extra space. I already have 20 gb space on mobile me, they are continuing to give us that space plus the free 5 gb. I've paid for it since 2006. This just means my price will go down.

Hi there everyone,

I created a free @me.com address with an IOS 5 beta 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since ... However I can't seem to sync my Contacts and iCal on my MBP Lion ...

I can access all of them from www.icloud.com but I just can seem to be able to sync it with my laptop ...

I checked around online and thought that I'd probably need to install the new iCloud Beta 6 directly on my MBP but since it means installing the 10.7.2 update for Lion as well (and also I don't have an apple dev account ) I'd rather try some other way ...

Thanks for adding your 2 cents ...

Quote Originally Posted by tha_rat View Post
    Hi there everyone,

I created a free @me.com address with an IOS 5 beta 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since ... However I can't seem to sync my Contacts and iCal on my MBP Lion ...

I can access all of them from www.icloud.com but I just can seem to be able to sync it with my laptop ...

I checked around online and thought that I'd probably need to install the new iCloud Beta 6 directly on my MBP but since it means installing the 10.7.2 update for Lion as well (and also I don't have an apple dev account ) I'd rather try some other way ...

Thanks for adding your 2 cents ...
    10.7.2 is not required to be installed as they say, unless you want to sync to your PC's. I'm waiting for official release for PC synching. I have ios5 Beta 5 on both my iPad and iPhone 4 and they both sync fine with iCloud.com. I converted my me.com acct to an iCloud.com acct last night by going to me.com/move and it only synced 120 of my 263 contacts, therefore I exported my contact list from the address book app as a backup, removed all email accts from my devices, synced the contacts from address book and then turned on the email accts and did a merge. Calendar worked ok already.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iBanks For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (08-17-2011)

how does one opt out of the reacquiring $40 a year after its free? I am done paying for this service. Once the free part is up, I do not want to pay. Mobile me stole enough money from me and I do not wanted to get robbed anymore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    how does one opt out of the reacquiring $40 a year after its free? I am done paying for this service. Once the free part is up, I do not want to pay. Mobile me stole enough money from me and I do not wanted to get robbed anymore.
    How are they robbing you? You were PAYING for a service. No one put a gun to your head to take your $99 a year. It was YOUR CHOICE to buy it. If you didn't think it was worth it, you shouldn't have continued to pay for it. Just because it's free now doesn't entitle you to say "Apple's been robbing me all these years"...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnutt For This Useful Post:

mmaboi21 (08-17-2011)