Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Magic Mouse On the Way

Default New Magic Mouse On the Way

According to Cult of Mac a new Magic Mouse is on the way.

Originally reports from Cult of Mac indicated that Apple was phasing out the Magic Mouse completely in favor of the Magic Trackpad. Inventory in Apple stores was not being replentished according to Cult of Mac's retail source, spurring the rumor.

While the move would make a lot of sense considering Apple has made their new OS Lion incredibly touch gesture based, it appears Cult of Mac's source jumped the gun. They issued a correction stating that the retail source later reported that Magic Mouse was removed from inventory earlier in the day, but later was replaced with a new part number indicating a new Magic Mouse is on the way.

Thank my lucky stars. I love my magic mouse, and don't necesarrily enjoy using a trackpad despite the devices 10 finger gesture capabilities. Trackpads aren't gaiming friendly.

Source: Cult of Mac
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 08-05-2011 at 10:14 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I'll stick with my ergonomic Razer Mamba 4G- why spend $70 for an uncomfortable mouse to hold?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    I think I'll stick with my ergonomic Razer Mamba 4G- why spend $70 for an uncomfortable mouse to hold?
    "uncomfortable" means you're holding it wrong.

I can't wait to replace my track ball mouse... the trackball is friggin anoying!! it always gets dirty and stops working!! Then I have to run it on a piece of paper to clean it!! Argh!! Why can't things just work and never break!?

a lot of the gestures used in Snow Leopard do completely different thing in Lion now. It's really annoying because Lion was definitely designed for trackpads. Hopefully the new mouse will be supported a lot more.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Mac's aren't gaming friendly.......LOL.

I do love my magic mouse tho.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post

I do love my magic mouse tho.
    They can be, but only of course you first buy a mac-compatible gaming mouse and then download steam. (my personal recommendation) But anyways, never try to game with a magic mouse. reasons are is that you'll single click sometimes when you want to double click, and you cant click secondary if you are holding down primary. oh, and the "scroll" just goes "wheeeeeeeeeee" in games. but i do like my magic mouse for just a mouse

I usually stick with a Cyborg R.A.T 7 which i can customize to the Effing extreme! (hardware wise, not macro/button wise)
    Last edited by psp257; 08-05-2011 at 11:03 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. Thin and low profile is good and everything, but there is a limit. I love the function and look of the magic mouse, but it is the most uncomfortable mouse on the planet. I hope they make it more ergonomic.
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I can't wait to replace my track ball mouse... the trackball is friggin anoying!! it always gets dirty and stops working!! Then I have to run it on a piece of paper to clean it!! Argh!! Why can't things just work and never break!?
    lolz people still have those?

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buttrr76 View Post
    lolz people still have those?

When you pry it from my cold dead fingers
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

You know, I never get tired of listening to pasty faced, techie, gadget wieners whining about how uncomfortable their stupid mac mouse is. I work on my computer 8 hours a day like most of you, and yet somehow I'm able to scrounge up enough stamina in my hand to click and scroll and mouse around all day. I don't think I'm Hercules, and I don't think they molded the surface of the magic mouse to fit me perfectly. It's apparent to me that if apple makes anything, someone (probably quite a few people) will be boo-hooing it's ergonomics, no matter what. Just be glad we have the ease of a mouse to control our computers with.

Is it going to be called the mighty mouse?
    Last edited by jose060789; 08-05-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Coming from a long line of many-buttoned Logitech mice (mx700, mx1000, mxRevolution) I can assuredly say that Apple's "magic mouse" is hands down the most uncomfortable and wholly unreliable mouse I've ever had the displeasure of using. The tracking was horrible; even more so in OSX than Windows which to me makes no sense at all. The device itself is too low to the desk and not designed to accommodate human hands. In my opinion you're better off using a touchpad to play FPS games than the magic mouse, and that's saying something.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Sure they are! It's called Boot Camp!
    Unless you play World of Warcraft in which case there is a Mac version.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking forward to the future of apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    Sure they are! It's called Boot Camp!
    Unless you play World of Warcraft in which case there is a Mac version.
    >implying WoW players are gamers.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.