+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Hunt for Apple's New Retail Chief Goes Global

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple doesn't take its employee replacements lightly. Not by a long shot. Case in point: Cupertino's quest for a new head of retail operations is now a full-blown global search.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default The Hunt for Apple's New Retail Chief Goes Global

Apple doesn't take its employee replacements lightly. Not by a long shot. Case in point: Cupertino's quest for a new head of retail operations is now a full-blown global search.

On June 14th, MMi reported that Apple's current chief of retail operations, Ron Johnson, is stepping down. Although a cushy job at Apple isn't easy to come by, neither is an opportunity to become the CEO of a major company. Johnson agreed to step down only after the top job at JC Penney was offered to him.

The initial announcement from JC Penney noted that Johnson would take over November 1st, leaving Apple with a relatively lengthy period of time to find a suitable replacement.

Well, it no longer appears that an internal promotion is on tap.

According to a new report in the Wall Street Journal, Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs was "extensively involved in the decision to use a search firm" to find Johnson's replacement. As a result, Apple has tapped Egon Zehnder, a company well versed in finding top talent from around the world.

"Apple's hiring of the global recruitment firm suggests that the company may be seeking an executive with international retail experience," the WSJ report reads - a suggestion that clearly makes logical sense in light of Apple's retail global expansion that continues at a break-neck pace.

Source: WSJ

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mysterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    ill replacement the man. Hello Apple!
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There is no way I am applying for this job. I want to stay close to home sounds like a lot of travel! Right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    ill replacement the man. Hello Apple!
    Dude, the people who work at those stores, have jailbroken iDevices too. When I went to the sore cause I had a problem with my iPhone, after I found out there was nothing I could do I told him it was Jailbroken. And he told me he has Jailbroken iPods as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey does any one know what it takes to be an A genius