Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 11 Expected to Receive Major Overhaul With iCloud Integration

Default iTunes 11 Expected to Receive Major Overhaul With iCloud Integration

iTunes has remained very much unchanged in appearance since it was released back in January of 2001. Now it appears that iTunes is about to get a whole new look with version 11. According to a report coming out of iDownloadBlog, iTunes 11 is expected to receive a complete overhaul in September and will more than likely be released along side iOS 5 and iCloud.

According to iDownloadBlog, “From what we’re hearing, the UI would be much more cleaner and “slick.” iCloud is also going to be more closely integrated with iTunes. Rather than the iTunes Store being essentially a web browser, the Store will actually be integrated into the entire app— much like Spotify is currently.”

“We’re also hearing that iCloud backups will be integrated into iTunes. This means if you back up your iDevice to iCloud, that same backup will be stored locally on your computer. Also, app data from iCloud will be synced closely with iTunes. For example, if you beat a level in Angry Birds, that level data will be synced to iCloud and then to your iTunes library.”

When iTunes was first released, it was a dedicated jukebox program that fulfilled a single purpose. The first few versions of iTunes didn’t even include an online music store. In 2003, Apple released iTunes version 4 and introduced the world to legal online music downloads. Over the years, however, Apple has expanded iTunes to include more and more features.

iTunes now sells movies, television programs, apps, books, podcasts, audio books and even offers colleges an easy way to distribute information to students though iTunes U.

With the successful launch of Mac OS X Lion, Apple may feel that the time has come to give iTunes a much-needed overhaul. Hopefully, Apple will see fit to bring back a little color to the sidebar with version 11 though.

Source: iDownloadBlog

sweet!!! change is always good, and this iCloud is amazing.

Can't wait!!!
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

hopefully this will fix all of the issues with the current version of iTunes on pc's and all the crashing..it's so bad. makes me consider getting a Mac :s maybe its a marketing strategy :s

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

can't wait to see it, does need color though, so blanch right now

My guess is it'll look like the iPad's new Music app in iOS 5.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Its about time, iTunes is horrendous

Great, iTunes really need a GUI change

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Its about time, iTunes is horrendous
    It will probably continue to be...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

I've always thought that iTunes is over-complicated. The success of the iPod which in-turn lead to the iPhone was all down to it's simplicity. iTunes goes completely against that and is far to annoying. An update is all good to me!

It hasn't changed? Am I the only one remembering the change from iTunes 8 to iTunes 9? It was completely different

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Contrary to most people's opinion, I love iTunes. It looks great, performs well on my mbp, and is soon to offer iTunes match. I haven't seen any program that rivals iTunes so far. As far as changes, please let us sync our iPhones, iPads, and iPods with multiple computers. Let us transfer the media on our iDevices to iTunes without using A program like Senuti.

change is always good, hope they tweak the windows version as it crashed atleast twice on all the windows pc;s ive ever used no matter how powerful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilsaint View Post
    change is always good, hope they tweak the windows version as it crashed atleast twice on all the windows pc;s ive ever used no matter how powerful they are.
    It's amazing how well iTunes run's on OSX and how incredible terrible it runs on PCs. It's gotta be on purpose. I just can't understand why other than that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProZack27 View Post
    It's amazing how well iTunes run's on OSX and how incredible terrible it runs on PCs. It's gotta be on purpose. I just can't understand why other than that.
    The real issue is going to be for those of us that are on limited data plans. Once you are on a limited plan, all that iCloud syncing is going to F you over. That plus FaceTime.
    -FBIRyuJin

Thanks

I'm Liking this Because the fact that you can REdownload pervious Purchases & that's Pretty Cool not to mention; getting Pervious Books & Video's&Apps. I already use a Cloud Program for MOST of my Documents that I save. So I'll be Looking forward to iTunes11.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait for iOS 5

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally have found nothing wrong with iTunes at all. It does what i want it to do. It plays my music lets me edit their information, lets me put them on my iPhone and so on...
    But still a new UI and functionality is always welcome to me. Especially with iCloud, I'm really excited for that.

itunes 10.4 got rid of the suggestions when typing an artist/genre name...they'd better put this back in...

why did they do that?

question....will this "major" overhaul impact our current ability to JB our iDevices? my logic tells me that if apple intended on sending out an update to the iOS platform(s) to close the hole that Jailbreakme.com used, then why would they not use iTunes to achieve the same thing?

Just asking.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast